Sic Bo in Online Casinos
Whether you’ve been tired of classic card games and slots or just want to experience a piece of oriental magic, Sic Bo would be one of the best choices to diversify your gaming routine. One of the two dice games you can play at online casinos (the other one is Craps), Sic Bo, comes in a few variations, though all of them are pretty similar except for the slight differences in layouts and designs. It won’t take long to learn all the ins & outs of Sic Bo and start playing.
But before you throw the dice, there’s one more thing to do: choose a reliable Sic Bo casino that you can trust. That’s a tough one, though. You might as well do your own research, spending hours and days analyzing the casino offers of your interest, or you can save time narrowing down your search to the casinos from the tailor-made collection of casinos you can see just below. We’ve thoroughly inspected all represented platforms, so you can be sure of a top-notch experience with any of these:
Best Free Online Sic Bo Games for 2023
Main Sic Bo Features and Details
The gameplay is pretty straightforward (we’ll review it later) and takes no more than a few tries to learn, but that is not the central part of Sic Bo. Sic Bo is about odds and payouts like any other game of chance. There are dozens of wagers that you can make, and you can build your strategy around it, taking into account your budget and the level of risk you’re willing to take. For example, you can make it safe, taking Big and Small bets, or you may hunt for the most significant payouts by wagering on triple combinations or a total of 4 and 17.
Free Sic Bo Vs. Real Money Sic Bo: What to Pick?
Before making your first dice throw, it’s only wise to try the game in the free mode. More often than not, you have to register in a casino to play for free, but sometimes you can spend virtual credits even without signing up for the casino (we do have such casinos galore in our collection).
The advantages of playing for free are obvious, but let’s recap:
- Honing your play style to perfection. There are no secrets that will lead you to a guaranteed win, but nevertheless, you should find your own style that aligns with your goals and budget.
- Trying different bets and new strategies. Learning Sic Bo is all about understanding the paytable, and there’s no better way to master it than by trying different wagers to find the ones that work for you.
- No risk of losing money. Your budget remains intact, and you get yet another batch of virtual credits every time you refresh the game.
But, of course, the real extravaganza of gaming starts only when you bet with real money since only then can you feel the notorious thrill and anticipation that glues millions of players to the screens of their devices. Moreover, be it a live casino with Sic Bo or an electronic version, you will have the chance to win real money at a ratio from 1:1 to as much as 30:1, 60:1, and even 180:1.
A little bit of History about Sic Bo Game
The goal of Sic Bo – to guess the outcome of the throw – didn’t change throughout the game’s history, but the first Sic Bo versions used wooden blocks until they were replaced with the well-familiar three six-sided dice. It’s unknown precisely who invented Sic Bo, but it was not until the 19th century that the game was brought from China to the U.S. by Chinese workers traveling in search of jobs to make a living. The wanderers brought Sic Bo and many other native games and traditions, becoming increasingly popular with Portuguese colonists.
But even despite the apparent success with U.S. casinos, where Sic Bo was known as ‘Chuck a Luck,’ it took almost all century for the game to be adopted by European casinos and later online. As of now, the Sic Bo casino game is catching up with its peers: not only can it be played in the lion’s share of online casinos, but you can also play it with bonuses and perks offered by online platforms. So don’t hesitate to spend welcome bonuses or whatever free money or chips you can get on Sic Bo. Not only does that give you a chance to feel the thrill of a real-money battle without dipping into your pocket, but it allows you to win real money out of thin air!
Sic Bo Glossary and Terms
Just like most games, Sic Bo has a vocabulary to master. But you won’t get lost in the lingo since we’ve prepared an exhaustive list of terms used in Sic Bo.
- Small/Big Bets – bets on a sum from 4 to 10 or 11 to 17, respectively.
- Single Bets – bets on a specific number appearing on one, two, or three dice. You can choose any number from 1 to 6, but you cannot choose how many dice you expect to display your number.
- Double/Triple Bets – with double or triple bets, the wager is that two or three dice will have the same two or three numbers.
- Specific Set of Triples (Total Bet) – bets on a specific number appearing on all three dice (for example, 1-1-1, 2-2-2, and so on).
- Two Dice Combo Bets – bets on all possible different combinations of two dice (1-1, 2-2, 3-3, and similar bets are excluded).
Once you’ve learned the wagers, it becomes simple to play Sic Bo. However, there are quite a few other terms that you may also encounter when playing the traditional Chinese game:
- Bankroll – the amount of money in your casino account. We highly recommend you to stick to the proper bankroll management and, in no case, deposit more money than you can afford to lose.
- Cage – a device for shaking Sic Bo before the roll used at land-based casinos and live Sic Bo games. In the electronic version of Sic Bo, dice throws are generated by the Random Number Generator (RNG).
- Chuck-a-luck – an American version of Sic Bo, which usually features only wagers on single numbers and sometimes also on triples. Chuck-a-luck is a rare game to find at contemporary online casinos.
- Clear – the procedure of preparing the table for the next game. All bets are returned to their owners.
- Dice – three six-faced cubes with numbers that are thrown by the dealer (or generated by the RNG) to determine the outcome of the game.
- Grand Hazard – a British version of Sic Bo, which is also played with three dice, but uses different execution tools.
- Hazard – an old English dice game played with two dice; you can hardly find Hazard in online casinos.
- Live Dealer Sic Bo – a game that is played online with dealers from studios or real land-based casinos. It allows you to get a unique live gaming experience without leaving the comfort of your home.
- Re-bet – a bet which copies the previous bet of yours. By re-betting, you make the same bet as in the previous round.
- Spin – a feature that sets the cage in motion at the electronic version of the game.
There might be some more terms and definitions, but you can easily clarify the process by playing a few for-fun games. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of virtual credits to learn the game you will play seriously later on.
Tips and Strategies You Need to Know Before Playing Sic Bo
There are not too many tricks to be a constant winner at your online Sic Bo casino – in fact, there are none since Sic Bo is a game based on luck – but there are a few ways to allure luck. First of all, you should know the gameplay’s intricacies (for example, many Sic Bo players forget that both Small and Big bets exclude triple combinations: 1-1-1, 2-2-2, 3-3-3, 4-4-4, 5-5-5, and 6-6-6 are a loss). Secondly, you have to learn the paytable to select the most advantageous bets. Last but not least, you should never underestimate the importance of free-play, as it’s the best way to polish your style to perfection before risking your hard-earned money.
How to Shoot Dice in Sic Bo
Sic Bo is as simple as a dice game, which is why we recommend this game to new players and those unwilling to dig deep into the complexities of the gameplay.
- You place your bet on whichever number or combination you think will play out. Choosing your bet is the most important step in the whole game and the only one you can control. All in all, there are 13 different bets you can take and 10 possible payouts (1:1, 5:1, 6:1, 8:1, 10:1, 12:1, 17:1, 30:1, 60:1, and 180:1). Chances-wise, there are a few recommended bets and just as many ones to avoid (read the next paragraph to know more about odds).
- Once you’ve placed the bet, the dealer picks up a chest with the three dice, shakes it, and reveals the random outcome of a throw. In the electronic Sic Bo, the throw’s outcome is determined by the Random Number Generator (RNG). The essence is exactly the same, though: you get the number that matches your wager.
- If you’ve won, you get your payout according to the paytable.
Sic Bo Betting and Payouts
There’s nothing more important in Sic Bo than wagers and payouts. That being said, there are 13 possible bets and 10 different payouts that you can get, from 1:1 to 180:1. But here’s the tricky part: the house edge for the same payouts might be different, which is why you should take it into account as well. For example, a house edge for Small and Big bets is 2.78%, whereas a house edge for a bet on a single number is 7.87%, although the payout for all mentioned bets is the same 1:1.
Considering the information above, the recommended wagers are Small and Big bets since they provide you with the lowest possible house edge of 2.78%. In contrast, a chance on a total of 9 and 12 is the one to avoid for its gigantic house edge of 18.98%. However, it might also be your desire to experiment that drives you, so you might as well take chances with all types of bets. Here’s the full paytable:
- Small/Big Bets (1:1) – 2.78% of the house edge.
- Single number (1:1) – 7.87%.
- Total of 7 and 14 (12:1) – 9.72%.
- Total of 10, 11 (6:1 both) and 8, 13 (8:1 both) – 12.5%.
- Total of 6 and 15 (17:1) – 13.67%.
- Total of 5 and 16 (30:1) – 13.98%.
- Total of 4 and 17 (60:1) – 15.28%.
- Triple (180:1) – 16.2%.
- Two numbers (5:1) – 16.67%.
- Pairs (10:1) – 18.52%.
- Total of 9 and 12 (6:1) – 18.98%.
How to Win at Sic Bo
We won’t lie to you: there’s no answer to the ‘how to win Sic Bo in a casino’ type of question. The first and the most crucial idea is that, like any other game of chance, Sic Bo is governed by probabilities, which is why nothing can guarantee you a win or at least keep you at a breakeven point at the end of the gaming session! All the bells and whistles that you may or may not apply can only somehow alter your winning expectations.
Speaking of the latter, in any game of chance, the winning expectations are negative by default, meaning the RTP can never reach 100%. Only by accepting your vulnerability can you stay sober while playing, and you can even boost your winning chances by taking into account the cornerstone aspects of Sic Bo:
- Paytable and house edge. If you want to keep it simple and as effective as possible, there’s only one type of bet: Small and Big bets. These provide the lowest house edge and, therefore, can bring you more than any other bet in the long run.
- Bankroll management. Not to let numbers lead a dance, play it small. We recommend you bet as much as 1% of your total bankroll at maximum.
- Bonuses & free play. Use the casino perks to the fullest. Start playing in the demo mode, and once you’ve mastered the game, avail of the bonus offers to maximize your winnings with the least deposit possible.
Sic Bo Casino FAQ
What is a Sic Bo Cage?
A Sic Bo cage, also known as a shaker, is a container used to shake the three dice used to form winning combinations in Sic Bo. Please do not confuse Cage with Birdcage. The latter is a type of Sic Bo game known as Chuck a Luck or Grand Hazard.
What is the Highest Betting Option in Sic Bo?
The bet size depends on the table you play. High-limit Sic Bo tables may allow hundreds of dollars, whereas low-limit tables enable small bets starting with one cent and up to a dollar or so.
What is the Best Sic Bo Strategy?
There’s no best casino Sic Bo strategy, and neither is there any strategy that can keep you afloat in the long term. Sic Bo is ruled by chance, and the only thing you can do is maximize your winning odds by taking bets with the lowest house edge. These are Small and Big bets, which are the wagers on a total sum of 4 to 10 or 11 to 17, respectively. Both bets pay 1:1 and provide a house edge of 2.78%. However, keep in mind that Small and Big Bets exclude the following combinations: 1-1-1, 2-2-2, 3-3-3, 4-4-4, 5-5-5, and 6-6-6 (any of these will lead to a loss).
What are Payouts Like for Sic Bo?
- Small/Big Bets/ Singe Number: 1:1.
- Two numbers – 5:1.
- Total of 9, 10, 11, 12 – 6:1.
- Total of 8 and 13 – 8:1.
- Pairs – 10:1.
- Total of 7 and 14 – 12:1.
- Total of 6 and 15 – 17:1.
- Total of 5 and 16 – 30:1.
- Total of 4 and 17 – 60:1.
- Triple – 180:1.
What is the Best Sic Bo Bet for Beginners?
The best Sic Bo is classic since it has the simplest rules and the most generous payouts, whereas the derivatives like Chuck-a-luck may take some extra time to learn.