Canada Casinos Online
There are not too many countries where gambling laws are clear and definite and Canada is not an exception. Its gambling legislation is often confusing and can unsettle the players who want to try online gambling in Canada. Canada casino sites are located somewhere in the gray area between the illegal gambling activities and open gambling market so we are here today to resolve this question and make it clear how to play in the best online casinos for Canada players.
Together with the legal information, you will find the list of the approved online gambling venues so that you can make bets in the best online casino Canada, interesting facts about the history of Canadian online casino and, as always, a lot of free games that you can play for fun before betting in the online casino Canada for real money. Every online casino in Canada should be checked and approved before you can play there and we have already done this for you.
Best Online Casino accepting players from Canada
Online Casino Sites in CanadaIf this is your first time to play in the Canadian casino online, you may be experiencing problems with how to find the reliable website that will meet all of your requirements and this is probably why you are here. As the gambling industry is quickly developing and betting in the Canadian casinos online becomes one of the most popular amusements both in Canada and outside the country, the list of Canada friendly online casinos grows as well.
For the gambling newcomers, it’s not so easy to distinguish the top rated online casinos in Canada from those not worth attention and even dangerous. If you decide to pick the CAD online casino by yourself, you should pay attention to the following points that characterize the best Canadian casino online:
- The set of games. Canada casino games online are what we are looking for in the top Canadian online casinos so the choice of online slots Canada and other casino games should be at least decent. While the smaller new Canada online casinos can have several dozens of games in their lists, the top 10 Canada online casinos will surprise you with hundreds of titles from the classic to the just-released ones. Make sure the Canada casino online has the games made by the reliable online casino games providers — the proved online casino in Canada should have Microgaming, IGT, Bally, WMS and Betsoft games.
- The license. Games are very important but their number doesn’t matter when the casino is not safe and reliable. The only way to make yourself safe from any frauds and inconveniences is to play online casino Canada only after you check the casino license. All Canada online casinos with the corresponding licenses are proved to be fair which means you will get your winnings no matter what.
- Customization options. We always pick the Canada accepted online casinos that will suit any taste but if you are choosing the Canada best online casino by yourself, make sure you can set it according to your own preferences. First of all, choose the interface language. The top 10 online casinos in Canada are available in English, French, Swedish, German and so on. Even though online gambling games in the internet casinos in Canada do not require a lot of reading, it’s always nice to play the games in your own language. Secondly, choose between the payment options available in the casino. If you are playing the online casino games Canada for real money, you will need a way to deposit and withdraw money fast and easy.
Almost every best paying online casino in Canada will offer you several payment methods such as credit and debit cards, prepaid cards and electronic wallets. The use of PayPal for gambling transactions is unfortunately restricted in Canada. And, finally, you can choose the currency you want to use to make the real money bets in the best casino online in Canada.
If you don’t want to check all these things to choose one of the best Canada casinos online, just pick any title from our casinos list and start playing in a couple of clicks. Every casino on SlotsUp has been checked in depth as our clients deserve the best online casino for Canadians — fair, reliable and up-to-date. We want to fit every taste so in the SlotsUp list you will find several kinds of the casinos:
- Mobile casinos for the players who prefer mobile gaming and like playing online casino games on their smartphones. Such casinos usually look good on different screen sizes and support all kinds of mobile platforms so you can take the gambling games with you wherever you go;
- Live casinos will win your heart if you like modern technologies and the real-life casino experience. With the gambling games being streamed live, you will find yourself in Vegas without even leaving your room;
- Regular online casinos take the most part of our casinos list — here you will find all kinds of casino games available to play from your PC or laptop.
Before you make the real money bets in the casinos like Jackpot City, BGO, Ruby Fortune Casino, Betway etc, you can try the Canadian free slots on SlotsUp without registration, deposits, and downloads. Pick the game you want to play, try it for fun then click the “Play in casino button” and we will immediately redirect you to one of the best Canadian online casinos.
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in CanadaCanada pays a lot of attention to its gambling laws which often makes it quite difficult to find the online casino Canada that is legal and play your favorite gambling games. We tried to take a closer look at the online gambling industry in Canada and find the answers to the most popular questions about the online gambling Canada legislation that we get from the SlotsUp readers. Keep reading if you want to know how the online gambling law in Canada works and what can you do to get involved in the safe online gambling in Canada.
Is online gambling allowed in Canada?
If you are wondering whether the online gambling in Canada is legal, the answer is yes. There are both offline and online casinos all over the country but the Canada online gambling is still very restricted. The local government of every province is entitled to enact its own Canadian online gambling laws and regulate the general gambling processes. Thus, some of the provinces have more relaxed online gambling laws in Canada that allow private reputable online casinos Canada while the others are more strict and only have the state-owned lotteries and casinos, all having the online gambling license of Canada.
When it comes to the international legitimate online casinos for Canada players, things get much tighter as, according to the online gambling authority in Canada, offshore casinos are not allowed to take bets from the Canadian players. At the same time, there are no clear restrictions for the Canadian players so they can still make their bets in the legal online casinos outside Canada with no risk to be fined or prosecuted. Even though the government tried to ban the transactions to the best online gambling sites outside Canada, there are still many ways to play in the online casino real money Canada on one of the websites from the SlotsUp list.
We can not but mention the Kahnawake Gaming Commission located on the country’s territory that is issuing online gambling licenses to the lots of online casinos and operators in the world.
What is the main gambling law regulating the gambling online in Canada?
All the offline and online gambling activities in Canada are regulated by the corresponding chapters of the Canadian Criminal Code.
What is the online gambling age in Canada?
As offline and online gambling is regulated at a local level, each province has its own laws concerning the gambling age. In the provinces of Manitoba, Alberta, and Quebec, you can play in the Canadian online casinos if you are at least 18 years old. All the other provinces limit the minimum gambling age to 19 years old.
As you can see, it’s not always easy to find the safe online casino in Canada as the legal local casinos only provide the very limited set of games but it’s still possible to play in the CAD casino located overseas.
History of Gambling in CanadaThe gambling laws in Canada have not always beeen the same as they are today as the Canadian gambling market has gone through many stages from the complete ban on any gambling activities to the more relaxed laws that Canada has today, at least in some provinces.
Gambling games were popular in Canada long before the Europeans come to the country. Nevertheless, gambling got to the peak of its popularity during the period of the Gold Rush when millions of gold diggers came to Canada to try their luck (just like we do today in the CAD casinos). The card game Faro was especially popular at that time but got lost in time when the Gold Rush ended.
In 1892, the Canadian Criminal Code was approved to start the first period of the regulated gambling in the country. At that times, horse betting was legal and very popular just like the gambling activities aimed at collecting money for charity. Everything changed in 1970 when the gambling laws were given under the provinces jurisdiction to start the new era of the Canadian gambling and the Canada approved online casinos. Since then, a lot of brick-and-mortar casino were opened all over the country, starting in Winnipeg where the first commercial casino opened its doors to the public in 1993. A lot of province lotteries that are popular today were organized at that times.
With the time being, gambling became one of the popular leisures among Canadians that are making their bets both in the offline and Canada based online casinos. A lot of players continue to gamble in the top online casinos for Canadian players located abroad even though it is considered to be neither legal nor illegal. If you want to join them and play in one of the best online casinos for Canadians, please see our list of the online casinos accepting Canada players and pick the internet casino you like the most.
Predictions About the Future of Online Gambling in CanadaEven though Canada is not the most gambling-friendly country in the world, thousands of people are playing in the best online casinos for Canadian players every day turning the Canadian gambling market into the multi-billion industry. At the same time, Canadian government loses quite a lot of money as a lot of players are making their bets in the new online casinos for Canada players located outside the country. It is obvious that the changes are needed and there is a chance we can hope for the new Canada online casino sites to enter the market in future.
While the changes in the Canadian gambling laws remain rumors and hopes, you can enjoy playing in the top 10 Canadian online casinos the SlotsUp team has included in the list for you. Besides the large choice of gambling venues, each of them being the best online casino CAD, we also offer the expert Canada online casino reviews and the selection of the most lucrative casino offers the Canada online casinos 2017 are granting to their customers. You can also check this page from your mobile device to see the full list of the mobile-friendly casinos where you can play the mobile slots Canada in the best quality.