Free Blackjack in Online Casinos
Did you know that online Blackjack got its name from French cards? The cards were called “Vingt-et-Un,” which is “Twenty-one” in English, and were obtained from card games French Ferme and Chemin de Fer, which were popular back then.
However, “Vingt-et-Un” varied from the modern Blackjack in several ways, such as gambles being placed in every card dealt, and only the dealer is permitted to double down.
French colonists took the game to America, where it became an instant sensation. In 1820, the first house-banked and legitimate games were played in New Orleans. At that point, “Vingt-et-Un” instantly took the name 21 and spread throughout North America.
The 21 game was popularized mainly thanks to the state legalization of gambling in Nevada in 1931. Again, the name changed to “Blackjack” because of a significant difference in the rules. There was a payout of 10 to 1 for a hand containing a blackjack, or clubs or spades, and ace of spades.
Though the hand’s generous payout was eliminated, the game kept its fitting name “Blackjack” to-date.
The mid-90s signaled the first online casinos’ launch, and online Blackjack was one of the exciting games on the list. Players would play blackjack online for real money from home. At first, it was the traditional version, and later, new varieties of the game were introduced.
Best Free Online Blackjack for 2023
Everything You Need to Know About Online Blackjack
Imagine getting the best of blackjack action while being snug at home. That’s one of the advantages that online Blackjack offers you. The blackjack online free version is designed to fit a device’s screen while providing a similar experience you would receive in a live casino.
The main game is one player against the casino, which assumes the role of a dealer. Cards are automatically shuffled using Random number generator software. Upon sitting at a table, you’re expected to place a bet. You can make some choices by clicking the buttons.
Most casinos will show some warning messages when you have made the wrong move, for instance, hitting an 18. Others don’t, and immediately your cards are dealt, your alternatives will be shown on the screen. If your hand ever goes beyond 21, your game is up.
Types of Free Online Blackjack
The main motivation to play Blackjack online for fun is you receive a variety of options for the format you opt to enjoy.
There are four main kinds of online Blackjack:
- Mobile Blackjack. This variety offers a mobility feature that allows gamblers to place bets on the go. You can get your gamble on while you wait for a flight, visiting a friend, or waiting in a queue. As long as there is an internet connection where you are, you can play on your tablet or mobile phone wherever you are!
- Traditional Blackjack. As the name suggests, this is the most well-known version of the 21 game. Here, you receive your Table, and a machine deals your cards to you. It provides excellent graphics for an ultimate online blackjack experience.
- Free Online Blackjack. Are you looking for some free practice before gambling for real money? Then this is the game for you. Depending on your experience level, the games are simple, and you can play them as often as you want without sharing any payment details.
- Live Dealer Blackjack. This version allows you to experience a real dealer’s social interaction from the online platform. Online casinos have started setting up tables with dealers in actual casinos all over the world. They then fix those tables to the internet through streaming technology and cameras.
Free Blackjack Vs. Real Money Blackjack: What to Pick?
If you’re a beginner at online Blackjack, free Blackjack seems like the ideal option for you. And it is because:
- You don’t need to sign up and deposit, so you can play fast and easily.
- You won’t have to wait for an open table for the game.
- You only have to play against the dealer, which minimizes the chances of losing.
- You won’t risk your precious cash since virtual coins are used for bets.
On the downside, not all blackjack varieties are available for free. And, you will receive little access to promotions and bonuses in the free option. Real money blackjack also seems enticing since you have access to all the blackjack variants, you stand to earn real money when you win, and you receive blackjack bonuses that give you a head start on your game.
The drawbacks of the real-money option are you will need to allow a little more time for signing up and you may lose your cash when you place a bet.
How to Pick the Best Online Blackjack Casinos
You want to have a good time as you play free Blackjack online. We all do. The problem is, not all casinos are safe and worth your precious time. What should you consider as you poke around for your ideal online casino? Here are some of our suggestions:
- Focus on Security. Does the online gambling site have a legitimate gaming license? Does a trusted and skilled casino operator run it? How about the connection? Is it encrypted? The more points the casino earns, the higher its chances of being a great choice are. You can get answers to the above questions by doing some thorough research online. Check what a site has to say about its security. Or read reviews from previous players.
- Does it Offer Live Blackjack Games? Live blackjack games are the closest you’ll get to feeling like you’re playing in an actual casino. What’s more, you get to see an actual human dealer using a physical deck of cards to facilitate the game.
- The Sort of Bonuses It Offers. Before checking what kind of bonuses are available, you need to know the type of games you want. Do you prefer cashback bonuses minus wagering requirements? Are you searching for a no-deposit bonus?
Whichever your preference, the site should have it and offer you some more alternatives.
Free Online Blackjack Terms to Remember
Blackjack is a captivating game that, like other online casino games, has its unique terminology that you should learn to enjoy the game more and brag to your pals how well-versed you are with this exciting game.
Here are some of the words you should learn and use so you’ll always sound like a pro as you play Blackjack online for free:
- Hit: It is used when you want the dealer to give you another card.
- Bust: Bust means you’re out of cash.
- Surrender: If the odds are stacked up against you, and you feel you can’t take the heat, this is the term to use. Once you surrender, you receive half of your bet back.
- Blackjack: This is the term used for the best hand you can receive, including an ace and a single card with a face value of 10.
- Stand: When you feel confident in your set of cards, you ‘stand.’ The machine will proceed with the challenge until it goes over 21 or defeats you.
- Upcard: This is the one face-up card of the dealer you get to see as you play your hands. The dealer’s other cards remain face down.
- Double: Once the first two cards are dealt, and you think you need an extra card, you can double your bet if you feel you have a strong hand.
- First Base: The ‘first base’ is the player who plays to the dealer’s immediate left. They get their cards first and will be the first to make a move in the game if you are not playing in a tournament.
- Hole Card: This card is left face down. After the players have chosen how they would like to act on their hands, this card can be exposed.
- Split: If your first two cards are of a similar face value, you split your hand into two different hands and gamble on each hand. You should then proceed to play both hands until you achieve a “bust,” “stand,” or “stay.”
Free Online Blackjack: Basics for Begginers
Playing free online Blackjack is simpler and more enjoyable than going to an actual casino. You won’t have to worry about what to wear (and if you look good in it) or being distracted by other players. The key is to be relaxed, believe in yourself, and be ready to fall several times before standing and walking like a blackjack champion.
We know how overwhelming the game can be from a beginner’s point of view, with all the rules and cards and everything in between, so we’ve taken the time to explain all you need to know in detail. Once you give online Blackjack a try, you’ll realize it’s easier than how most players describe it.
How to Play Free Online Blackjack
Playing online Blackjack is one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. To help you stay on the right track and help ease the anxiety that comes with playing for the first time, here’s a guide on how to play Blackjack online:
- Choose a trustworthy online casino site that you wish to play in.
- Make an account and remember to note all bonus offers it has.
- Begin by playing free Blackjack. As we saw earlier, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.
- Place an initial bet. You’ll have to take a gamble and place it on the Table before the cards are dealt.
- Once the deals are on the Table, the dealer provides each player with two cards and deals two cards to themselves.
- You choose what to do with your hand. Whether you choose to take insurance, stand, surrender, double, hit, or split, it’s all up to you.
- After you and other players decide, the dealer plays their hand. They have no playing alternatives and have to abide by the table rules. If their hand is less than 17, they have to hit.
- If you defeat the dealer, you get a 1 of 1 payout. If you win with a natural 21, your payout is 3 to 2. If you bust, you lose.
A Short Intro to Blackjack Strategies for Free
Knowing when to bet in Blackjack tremendously increases your chances of bagging some serious rewards. For you to gain this helpful ability, you must be familiar with all the blackjack strategies:
- Don’t Split a Pair of 10s or 5s: taking a one-or-more-card draw to a 10 is a better move than splitting the 5s and playing several hands, each beginning with a 5. Keeping them together as a 20 is a top winning technique.
- Double Down on 10 when the Dealer’s Upcard is 9 or Less: when you hold a two-card 10 against a dealer’s upcard of 9 or less, you are a force to reckon with. Doubling down is the way to go.
- When the Dealer’s Upcard is 7, Stand with a Pair of 9s: though most players split their 9s when a dealer’s upcard is 9 or less, your chances of victory are higher if you stand.
- Avoid the Insurance Bet: don’t take insurance when the dealer’s upcard is an Ace no matter how tempting the hand you’re offered is.
If you want to have the edge over other players or want things to work to your advantage, the strategies above can work for you. They may be confusing at first, but always remember to go through them frequently and practice at your own pace until you learn them.
Should You Count Cards in Online Blackjack?
Though most players and casinos frown upon counting cards, it’s okay to do so. Though there’s nothing wrong with counting cards, when playing online Blackjack free, live casinos can deny you the privilege of playing if they detect that you are having an edge through the practice. It’s no wonder that most systems strive to avoid being caught.
If you really should count, please do it in your head without using a mobile app or card counting device. There’s a common and simple technique that you can master with enough practice. In the technique, low cards (2- 6 in all suits) are given a +1 value. High cards (10- Ace, face cards included) are assigned a value of -1. All other cards adopt a 0 value.
Whenever the dealer deals a card, you make a mental note of its assigned worth. The aim is you do this continuously for each new card dealt, while keeping the sum intact until the deck is shuffled once again. The sum is known as the ‘running count.’
Card counting methods may be different in various sites, but most systems follow the same rules. Ensure that you note the cards that come out of the shoe, identifying cards that are best for you, like ten-point cards, and cards that don’t work for you, like the fives, fours, and sixes. Though it’s close to impossible counting cards in an online blackjack game, it won’t hurt to try the above technique in one.
How to Win in Online Blackjack
Losing an online blackjack game can be frustrating, considering it’s got the best odds. With these tips, you can learn how to win at Blackjack with zero to no effort:
- Know your Table: various casinos offer different variations of the game. Before deciding on the Table to use, have a close look at it as the casinos put plenty of details to help you decide. A game that pays at 6 to 5, for instance, may not be as profitable as one that pays Blackjack at 3 to 2.
- Focus: the first step to success is to pay attention. It’s easy to determine the winning streak if a game is on the level. Your aim should be to spot tables that can make winning streaks simpler to predict and learn when they are occurring.
- The Less the Card Decks, the Better: go for online free blackjack games that use few card decks. Though such games are rare, they are a sure bet to success.
As we had seen earlier, many online casinos use a Random Number Generator, so relying on card counting in a fewer card decks-game may not be the best idea. Play with fewer decks of cards minus counting cards. It can help you learn faster and prove to be useful in the long run.
Online Blackjack FAQ
Can I Play Online Blackjack with Other Players?
Generally, you play against the computer in free online blackjack games. When you shift to real money play, you can play Blackjack with friends.
How Do You Practice Blackjack?
Blackjack requires lots of practice if you want to be perfect in it: at least three times a day or more. You can practice by playing free online blackjack games. This can help you come up with a winning strategy.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Play Online Blackjack?
It depends on the casino you’re playing in and the laws of your country. You’ll have to be 18 years to play online Blackjack or take part in online gambling in most cases. Some states in the USA and many countries worldwide, however, raise the age to 21.
Free Blackjack or Real Money Blackjack: Which One Is Best for me?
At a beginner level, free Blackjack is best as you can gain some experience without spending any money. As you get better at it, you can advance to real money blackjack.
Can I Play Blackjack on a Mobile Phone?
Yes, you can enjoy it at home, on the go, and pretty much anywhere else, thanks to the rapid evolution of technology. Most online blackjack games are mobile-friendly, and you can play them as long as you have a stable internet connection.