Best Real Money Slots Casinos
The ever-developing global online gambling market is expected to reach $59 billion in 2020, growing by over 30% in just five years. The largest share of the industry is made up of sports betting and casino games, including over a million slot machines in casinos worldwide and a lot more real money slots.
Real money slots are one of the simplest, most exciting, and generous pastimes for millions of Americans and players worldwide speaking of the latter, and for a reason: not only do real money slots provide you with gazillions of scenarios, designs, and features, but they also bring the long-awaited excitement & thrill to the comfort of your home. You have no reason to travel to land-based casinos with thousands of options.
That said, choosing an online casino might be too tedious for an inexperienced player. But don’t worry – we’ve collected all top-notch real money slots casinos under the roof of SlotsUp so that you can skip the DYOR step, jumping onto the best real-money slot casinos right away. Gazillions of storylines, bonuses, and specials await you on the unparalleled gambling map drawn by our experts. If you are interested in free slots, please visit this page.
A complete guide on how to play online slots is available too.
Top Real Money Slots Casinos in 2023
All You Need to Know About Real Money Slots in Casinos
On its face, to play slots for real money is as simple as ABC. And though there’s some truth to that – after all, nothing prevents you from depositing to your casinos and blindly challenging your luck – a much more viable approach is to learn all the ins & out of slots before putting your hard-earned money at stake. Here are a few basic things to remember:
- Pros & cons of playing slots for real money.
- Worthwhile software providers.
- Types of online slots games & RTP.
- Casino bonus offers & promotions.
- Strategies & lifehacks.
- Special symbols.
Read on if you want to boost your win rate at slots.
Is It Legal To Play Slots for Real Money?
The legal status of online slots differs depending on the country and the state. That differentiation applies to the United States as well. The online gambling laws in the USA are too ambiguous to give an unequivocal answer to whether you are allowed to play real money slots.
Here are the key points to digest:
- From the player’s perspective, online slots are not forbidden on the federal level. Many mistakenly believe that online games are prohibited on the national level by the Wire Act of 1961. The law only applies to sports betting.
- Your state may or may not allow online games. All U.S. states are entitled to regulate the in-state gaming industry independently, and some of them explicitly forbid online games. On the flip side, you can play online slots from New Jersey, Nevada, Delaware, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania.
- The legal landscape changes fast. The overall tendency to liberalize online gaming has made many states revise their policies on games. What was forbidden yesterday may become legal tomorrow, so we recommend you keep abreast of the latest changes or – if you want to save your time and energy – use our ready-made list of legal real-money casinos.
Benefits of Playing Online Slots for Real Money
It’s quite risky to play slots for real money. Still, suppose you think of the benefits they provide. In that case, it becomes clear that the game is worth the candle, especially if you’re playing at a trusted and generous casino.
- Maximum thrill. Nothing can compare with the real-money play when you’re watching the drums rolling, praying to the gods of fortune. Slots give you a strong feeling that it’s all written in the stars… or not written if it’s not your lucky day.
- The biggest choice of games. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of storylines to relive. From the simplest 3-reel prototypes of one-armed bandits to video online slots and 3D slots, you are free to choose what you like. Moreover, you can input a bit of science into it, selecting slots with high RTPs or progressive jackpots.
- Bonuses. Nothing pumps you up more than a few hundred dollars worth of bonus money that you can spend on slots or – even more desirable – turn into real cash. Be it money or free spins that you’ve got, and slots are best for completing the wagering and then cashing out your winnings.
Free Slots vs. Real Money Slots: What to Pick?
While casino professionals are only interested in reaping real casino rewards, beginners find it useful to play a few tentative rounds to learn the game features and develop an effective strategy. Luckily, about half the casinos – including the ones on this webpage – enable the free-play mode for unregistered users so that you can instantly try the game you like and decide if you’re ready to play real money slots.
So let’s recap the benefits of free games:
- Unlimited amount of demo credits to play. Even if the demo credits run out, you can get yet another bunch of them by reloading the webpage.
- Getting the hang of the game with no risks. You don’t want to lose your money because of the lack of knowledge of the gameplay, do you? Then make sure to learn the game through and through before playing for cash.
- No need to disclose your personal info. Approximately half the online casinos allow you to play for free without registration.
However, the demo mode doesn’t allow you to win real money, so the only logical continuation of your endeavors with the game is to play it for real money once you’ve learned it.
Best Slot Games Providers
Not only do the casino and the bonus offers determine your success in trying to win real money playing slots – software providers make their contribution as well. You’re free to choose between hundreds of well-known and promising developers, but it would be wise to pick the biggest brands for starters.
- Microgaming. Home to over 800 classy slots, from famous staples like Break da Bank, Cosmic Cat, and Thunderstruck II to progressive Major Millions, Mega Moolah, and King Cashalot, Microgaming is the pioneer of the industry and probably the best software provider to start with.
- NetEnt. Partnered with over 170 casino operators and home to hundreds of slots (Twin Spin, Lucky 8 Nine, Jack Hammer 2, Blood Suckers, and Gonzo’s Quest), NetEnt has brought huge winnings and yet unseen refinement to the scene.
- Playtech. The youngest in our top-3, Playtech has developed quite a few outstanding slots: X-Men, the Incredible Hulk, Fantastic Four, and progressives like Beach Life and Gold Rally.
These three software providers are only a drop in the ocean of brands you can play: there are also Betsoft, NextGen, RTG, Play N Go, Yggdrasil, IGT, and other worthwhile developers, but the thing is that you don’t even need to elaborate on this – just use one of the casinos from our list at the top of the page, and you’ll be fine.
Types of Real Money Slots
When it comes to selecting a slot to play, the world is your oyster. Here are the main categories of slots to choose from:
- 3-reel slots. The most straightforward in gameplay, 3-reel slots are either copies of the one-armed bandits from the bygone era of land-based pokies or unique games of simple scenarios. 3-reel slots are usually undemanding and therefore are good for starters or if you love classic games.
- Video slots. Versatile in themes, designs, and features yet not too demanding to the power of your device, video online slots incorporate all potential storylines, from underwater adventures to cosmic voyages.
- 3D slots. Super high-quality 3D slots are made using the most advanced technologies in graphics and design. These slots resemble video games we like to play so much.
- Multi-payline slots. While most slots have no more than a few dozen paylines, there are games with 243 ways to win and even more. Multi-payline slots maximize the frequency of wins, though the payouts are smaller.
- Progressive slots. Progressive slots offer jackpots of millions of dollars and are usually played at high stakes connected to progressive jackpot networks.
Play the Best Real Money Slot Machines Online
We have picked some of the most entertaining and safe online games from our team and have a huge selection of bonuses. Give the reels some spin to get huge payouts on progressive slots.
Playing Real Money Slots in Online Casinos
Once you’ve got enough practice in the free-play mode, it’s time to get the party started and play real money online slots! But before you show your gaming skills to the world (actually, even before you sign up for your online casino), make sure to peruse the T&C page, as there you may find some unexpected limitations and restrictions when playing slots online. For example, players from your country may not be allowed to play for real money, or there might be restrictions on payment methods or something else that you should consider.
Best Real Money Slots SlotsUp Edition
|Rank||Real Money Slot Machine||RTP||Maximum Payout||Volatility||Developer|
|1||40 Super Hot||95.81%||400,000 credits||low||EGT|
|2||Wolf Run||94.98%||1000x stake||low to medium||IGT|
|3||Flaming Hot||95.53%||1,200,000 credits||low to medium||EGT|
|4||Dolphin Treasure||94.88%||27,000x stake||medium||Aristocrat|
|6||Sizzling Hot||95%||100,000 credits||low||Novomatic|
|7||Da Vinci Diamond Dual Play||95.22%||1000x stake||low||IGT|
|8||50 Dragons||94.71%||1000x stake||medium to high||Aristocrat|
|9||Sun and Moon||94.98%||1000x stake||low||Aristocrat|
|10||Egypt Sky||96.30%||160,000 credits||low||EGT|
How to Play Online Slots for Real Money
Playing real-money slots at a casino is simple. Fill out a slot, choose a betting value and paylines and rotate the wheel. The online casino game is an additional step that you need to be mindful of. With the following steps, beginners can find the most popular casino games online and learn how to earn more with welcome bonuses. Check online gaming reviews and free casino slots games to get the most suitable website for you. Read the conditions for the best banking methods for deposit and withdrawal of money, then register with an online casino.
To be able to play your favorite slot for real money, you just have to deposit at a reputable gambling site, choose one of the best real money slot games, and start spinning the reels of the best online slots.
- Register with the casino. You can spend demo credits left and right even without registration, but then you have to sign up for the casino to play for real money. That being said, check for possible restrictions before you start the registration process.
- Make your deposit. Once you’ve registered with your casino, go to the Banking webpage and pick your payment method among the available ones (the best-case scenario is when your deposit method can also be used for withdrawals). Fill out the payment details and wait for the completion of the transaction. Check the payment deadlines and fees in advance (fees will be charged for exchanging currencies, for example, USD to EUR, USD to CAD deposits, etc.).
- Play your beloved slots. After the deposit is credited to your casino account, you are all set to play via a real money slots app, mobile browser, or even desktop. Most casinos are device-agnostic, meaning you can access them from all devices. Once you’re in the game lobby, launch your slot in the ‘Play for money’ mode and select the number of active paylines and the size of the bet that you’re comfortable with. Make your first spin!
Quick strategy tips
Choose a small game with fewer Jackpots or a massive progressive prize. The lure of a big win is understandable, but this will likely lead to a better result for your opponent. Try classic games – simpler slots often have more cash-out rates. Sometimes the classic alternative is worth keeping despite its new graphics if they look fantastic! Stay away from the dangerous sites. You can play online casino games for cash only at the best reputable online gambling sites. Regardless of the site’s reputation, you’ll find the best casinos on this site. Watch out for the bonuses; keep an eye out for tempting bonuses.
How to win real money on slots?
To understand how to play slot machines, you need to understand the way they work. Online slot machines are generated using random numbers generators (RNG). Typically, there are five reels. More reels or symbols mean more possibilities for players when placing a bet. The RNG has a chance-free outcome, and therefore slot payment patterns can’t easily be identified. Likewise, any cold streak on slots is completely random. Gamblers can use online casinos as an alternative method of acquiring real-time bonuses to increase their chance of acquiring real money.
Record-breaking online slots jackpots
In November 2016, British Army vet Jon Heywood won the MegaMoolah game on Betway with the help of his teammates. Heywood had 52 million bets on the game with a 25p stake. He beat the previous record-holder, an anonymous Finnish player playing Mega Fortune online in January 2013 at a value of over £15,000.
Bonuses are refreshing, energizing, and inspiring, and you can find them in abundance at online casinos. Fortunately, most bonus offers, if not all of them, can be spent on real money slot games, so you always have a chance to extract some real money out of the bonus credits you’ve been granted.
- Welcome bonus. Widespread and known to everyone who plays online slot games, the welcome bonus is (in most cases) predetermined percentages of your 1st deposit. Some casinos, though, offer welcome packages consisting of several welcome bonuses granted on top of your first few deposits. For example, if you’ve deposited $500 to a casino offering a 200% welcome bonus, you’ll get $1,000 worth of bonus money in addition to your $500 worth of real money.
- Deposit bonuses. Unlike welcome bonus, which is provided to newly registered users, deposit bonuses in best real money online slots are granted to everyone who has deposited a certain amount of money to the casino. Other than that, deposit bonuses work the same as welcome bonuses for online slot games.
- No-Deposit bonuses. One of the best perks you can get at online casinos, a no-deposit bonus, is money or spins given to you for free for the very fact of completing the registration. No-deposit bonus offers are usually small in size, but hey, they are free!
- No-wagering bonuses. Yet another brilliant opportunity, the no-wagering bonus comes with no wagering requirement, meaning you can instantly withdraw your bonus winnings.
- Free spins. Free spins may be a part of other bonus packs or standalone. Wagering may or may not apply, and it’s often the case that free spins can be played at one of a few predetermined slots casino games only. But hey-hey, they are free!
All of the mentioned bonus offers can be used at real money slots online unless otherwise stated in the terms and conditions of the online casino.
Tips and Strategies for Online Slots
First of all, let’s not lie to ourselves: in the realm of real money slot games, his majesty chance is King, and there’s no way to dethrone him. Real money slots are games of chance, and no strategy can guarantee you a win (yeah, we know that there are tons of ‘winning’ strategies on the web). However, there are certain parameters to adjust your odds:
- Non-progressive vs. progressive slots. It’s only natural that progressive slots are about big payouts, meaning smaller wins are less frequent. The opposite is true for non-progressive slots.
- RTP (return to player). RTP is the only objective parameter of the online slot game to determine your winning odds. The higher the RTP, the more money you can win in the long run. For example, an RTP rate of 95% means that you would win back 95% of the money wagered if you were to play infinitely long. The paragraph below contains more information on RTP.
- Frequency of payouts & number of active paylines. The frequency of payouts is not the same as RTP but an average number of payouts in the online slot game for one hundred games. Frequent-payout slots with all paylines activated generate winnings almost every spin, though most of the winnings are small or moderate, which makes it tempting to try and double up them in the Gamble Game.
RTP and Payouts for Online Slots
The single best piece of information that you can get and count on is the RTP of the slot, which is a percentage of money that you are expected to win back in the long run. Why is RTP is so important? It primarily determines your winning odds, and the longer you play, the more accurate the RTP prediction.
Now that you know that, you may think that it’s only worthwhile to play high-RTP slots, but that’s only true on the theoretical level. Considering the RTP rates of all slots are somewhere around 96%, the difference between a return to player of, say, 95% and an RTP of, say, 97% is tiny, especially if you’re going to make only a few dozen or a hundred spins.
However, here are the most generous free slots to win real money: Blood Suckers by NetEnt (98%), the Catfather by Pragmatic Play (98.1%), Jackpot 6000 by NetEnt (98.86%), Mega Joker by NetEnt (99%), and Ugga Bugga by Playtech (99.07%). You can play all of them at the online casinos represented on this webpage – just scroll up the page to the list of real-money slot casinos and pick the one you would like to spend your time and money with.
Real Money Slots on Mobile Devices
Mobile slots support the most popular online gambling platforms. It is designed for use with smartphones with touchscreen controls. Online slots can be played on mobile devices. Play at home and earn prizes anywhere. Mobile slot machines can be purchased at most of these casinos.
Real Money Slot Apps vs. Instant Play Online
Most mobile gambling sites allow for instant gaming on your computer. It also provides an updated version of the website as well as a full listing of available real money games. As with real money slots apps, they have restrictions on their app stores and they can’t be played on mobile phones or other browsers.
Understanding Real Money Slots
As we’re approaching the final paragraphs, you’re discovering more and more about real-money slots and are almost ready to select your online casino slots for real money and play. The last part of the preparation is just ahead, though, and it has to do with the game features: paylines, special symbols, and bonus spins. Each of the mentioned is different in different slots, but some useful generalizations could nevertheless be made to maximize your efficiency with the game you play. Read on to learn how to take advantage of the in-game features.
Important Real Money Slot Features
When choosing an online casino game, you should take note of the below features and then put your own money in. This list helps players find slot machines that match bankrolls and gaming needs. They can even be used to assist a player in acquiring winnings. RTP – Also called percentage slot payouts, this metric has significant importance in slot gaming. These statistics serve casino purposes to determine how much cash a customer can recover from winning. It is calculated by thousands or millions in slots for a maximum value of players.
After you’ve launched the slot, the first thing to do is select the number of active paylines and the bet size. These two parameters are interconnected. For example, a bet size of 1 cent and 10 active paylines account for a total bet of 10 cents per spin. But if you add, say, 10 more paylines, the complete chance will correspondingly increase to 20 cents per spin.
- Single-payline slots. Single-payline slots are pokies and old-school slots alike, providing the simplest gameplay possible. Not too entertaining. These games assume you will do nothing but click on the Play button and wait for the stars to align. And they do have lots of followers!
- 3-, 5-, and 7- payline slots. A bit more advanced yet still simple, these slots may or may not have good graphics and special symbols. Many classic slots possess 3, 5, and 7 paylines and, therefore, more or less frequent chances to win real money.
- Multi-payline slots. Multi-payline slots have dozens or even hundreds of paylines, turning almost every spin into a win. All the pros and cons of these games are on the surface: on the one hand, you have a never-ending source of income that you can try and double down whenever you want; on the other hand, the more paylines you activate, the more money you spend on every spin.
Wild and Scatter Symbols
There’s no limit to the in-game features used in online slot machines that pay real money, but the most popular of them are Wilds and Scatters:
- Wilds. Wild symbols are like Jokers in cards, but actually, much more. First of all, wherever Wilds appear on the screen, they substitute any missing symbol to form different winning combinations. Secondly, Wilds can double, triple, and even quadruple the wins they’ve triggered. Last but not least, depending on the game, Wilds can be Multiplying, Spreading, Expanding, Sticky, Duplicating, Random, Colossal, etc., providing countless features to maximize your wins.
- Scatters. Just like Wilds, Scatters can appear anywhere on the screen and bring you benefits. As a rule, at least 3 Scatters must appear on the screen simultaneously to trigger free spins, bonus rounds, multipliers, or whatever the trigger. Also, it’s common that 5 Scatters trigger the maximum number of free spins, whereas 4 and 3 Scatters trigger fewer spins.
Note that the demo play mode provides the same gameplay and features, so you can learn the features that are new to you.
Spicing things up a bit and providing quite tangible wins, bonus features are triggered by Wilds, Scatters, or special symbols and lead you to the very depths of the game. There are two types of bonus rounds – free spins and in-game bonus spins. While the former needs no explanation, the latter is interesting to us.
In-game Bonus Rounds
In-game rounds are usually built around the slot’s theme and utilize the most prominent gameplay features. For example, an Ancient Egypt online slot game may have a bonus game of opening tombs of relics, an underwater-themed game may offer you to collect pearls, and so on. Here are the most common types of bonus features:
- Click-to-Pick. The simplest and the most popular of all bound rounds, a click-to-pick bonus is a guessing game in which you try to reveal the most valuable symbol(s) among a few possible options.
- Wheels of Fortune. Pretty familiar as a standalone casino game, Wheel of Fortune invites you to do your magic, bonus-triggering spin.
- Arcades. Arcade bonus spins are, in fact, independent in-built games of similar or completely different themes and rules to those used in the slot.
In addition to the mentioned features, slots can provide rotating/cascading/tumbling reels, free spins with a re-spin feature, random bonuses, and more, so it’s highly recommended to study your game before playing it for real money.
All You Need to Know about Real Money Casinos
There are millions of facts to learn about real money online casino, but ironically enough, the most important thing is that spending your hard-earned money on a game you don’t know is silly. Be it a slot or a table game, learn it through and through, then practice it for free in the demo mode, and only then put your money at stake. The same applies to the online gambling sites where you play real money casino games. Only knowing its features can help you utilize it to the fullest. And once you’ve learned your real money online casino and game, you are ready to play.
Are Online Casinos for Real Money Legal
The legal side of the real money gaming question is ambiguous. Whether it is the USA or any other country, the legal status of online casinos changes fast and is not always clear. Keep in mind the following:
- Most countries do not pursue players from making bets online, thereby allowing online gambling from the player’s perspective. One of the most common situations with real money gaming is when online casinos are prohibited from operating in the country (state). In contrast, players are not banned from making bets online. In this case, you are free to play real money casino games at your international online casino, though there’s a tiny risk that it will sooner or later be terminated in your country. Speaking of the U.S. gaming laws, many still believe that the Wire Act of 1961 prohibits online gaming, though it only has to do with sports betting. So don’t fall for that. Online gambling is legal in Delaware, New Jersey, Nevada, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania – more states will likely legalize online gambling, partially or entirely, in the future.
- The best way to avoid legal issues is to check the status of online gambling right before you play. In the fast-paced environment, changes happen quickly and continuously, and the casino you trust may simply not be fast enough to change the info on the terms & conditions page. It’s always helpful to clarify things in online real money casinos by asking customer support or – if you are going to play big – your local gaming lawyer.
Playing for Free Vs. Playing for Real Money: What to Pick?
That being said, the only possible option for a new player in the top online casinos is a free play mode since it allows you to get the hand of the real money casino games before you play them seriously. Of course, the free play mode of online casino games won’t allow you to enjoy the camaraderie peculiar to live games or the thrill of anticipation resulting from a dice throw. Still, at least it will save your budget for the time when you’re ready to spend it in online real money casinos. Until then, free games are your best friends on online gambling sites. By the way, the free-play mode is provided by all casinos and for almost all online casino games except for living dealer games and jackpot games (though even these can sometimes be played for free).
Once you’ve learned the ropes, you are all set to…no, not to play for real money but to take advantage of the bonuses offered by your online casino. Many online casinos provide no-deposit bonuses or match bonuses, and both are good for playing at a real money casino without dipping into your pocket. Of course, it doesn’t mean that depositing real money to your casino is a bad idea – on the contrary, it’s the only logical step after you’ve learned about your casino and online casino games.
How We Choose the Best Online Casinos for Real Money
There are over two dozen factors that we’ve taken into account when ranking our casinos, but you don’t need to know all of them (that is kind of superfluous) except for the five most crucial:
- License(s). It’s no secret that there are more credible and less credible licensers. We prioritize casinos with one or better a few licenses issued by the UK Gaming Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, and a few more world-known licensing organizations.
- Fairness & Security. Our highly-ranked real money online casinos are either approved by eCOGRA, a world-leading testing agency, or they utilize a Provably Fair tool, which enables you to verify the fairness of the games you’ve played. In addition, our casinos comply with all the rules of their jurisdictions, including the AML regulations, and employ 256- or 128-bit encryption algorithms and anti-fraud measures for real money gaming.
- Software providers. Generally, the more software providers the casino represents, the better. But some providers are especially wanted: Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Betsoft, and IGT are the brands that move the casino up the rankings.
- Deposit & withdrawal methods. Not only should a highly-ranked casino provide decent banking alternatives, but it also should process transactions fast and without fees. If that is true, it moves up our list.
- Bonuses. All players love bonuses, and the more generous the perks, the better. When evaluating the effectiveness of the bonus offer, we take into account not only the type & size of it but also the wagering requirements and other limitations set by the casino.
Real Money Casino Software Providers
You might want to play something exquisite occasionally and even choose a new real money online casinos software developer – just for fun – but hardly will argue that staples make go round. And if so, there are three biggest brands to consider when playing at your casino online for real money – Microgaming, NetEnt, and Playtech.
- Microgaming. The first to develop gaming software in 1994 and online casino software in 2004, Microgaming is a pioneer of the industry and the ever-evolving leader unlikely to be dethroned soon. With over 800 casino games in its all-encompassing collection, Microgaming is home to such titles as Game of Thrones, Mega Moolah, and Thunderstruck.
- NetEnt. The second-most-popular casino software provider, NetEnt, can boast a relatively modest collection of slots and games, including the renowned Starburst, Jack Hammer, Guns N Roses, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Gonzo’s Quest.
- Playtech. Probably the most versatile software provider on our shortlist, Playtech is known for its live casinos, sportsbook, poker rooms, and hundreds of online casinos with partnerships.
In addition to the above, IGT, Evolution Gaming, Yggdrasil, Betsoft, and many other worthwhile top online casinos software developer companies, but you never know what you like until you go for a few tentative plays.
Real Money Casino Bonuses
No matter the game you play, bonuses make it only better. Every casino tries to come up with something special, so you might not find every answer on this webpage but the most popular types of bonuses:
- Free money. The most popular bonus at online casinos, free money is granted just for registration with the casino, or it can be a predetermined percentage of your deposit. In both cases, the bonus can be either cashable (can be withdrawn) or non-cashable (only winning from it can be withdrawn).
- Free spins chips. An alternative to free money, free spins (chips), can be issued as a flat amount or depend on your deposit size. It’s a famous story when free spins can only be spent on a particular slot in the best online casinos.
- Combined bonus. The best-case scenario is, of course, when you get both money and spins. The good news is that many casinos provide this type of bonus, including the casinos from our collection.
But the narrative doesn’t end here. All mentioned top online casinos bonuses may come in the following forms:
- Welcome bonuses (sign-up bonuses): granted upon registration as a flat amount or – more often – as a percentage of your first deposit(s). The most popular welcome bonus is a 100% match bonus and sometimes a few dozen free spins. Wagering requirements always accompany classic welcome bonuses.
- Match (deposit) bonuses in real money online casinos are either added to your first or a few first deposits or regular deposit bonuses. Match bonuses are a predetermined percentage of your deposit. Wagering requirements apply.
- No-deposit bonuses: free money and spins that require nothing but to open an account with the casino. No-deposit bonuses are usually small and with wagering requirements.
- No-wagering bonuses: any bonuses with no playthrough requirement. All winnings from a no-wagering bonus can be immediately withdrawn unless otherwise stated in the terms & conditions of your casino.
- Cashback: a percentage of your losses credited to your account. Cashback usually makes sense only if you’re a high-roller.
- VIP bonuses: discounts, enhanced regular bonuses, flat amounts of money/free spins, etc., for real money online casino regulars, high-rollers, and VIP players.
- Holiday bonuses: rewards timed to holidays, anniversaries, and special events.
Real Money Casino Games
Now that you know so much about real money online casinos and their bonuses, it’s time to decipher the games themselves. Fortunately, there’s no limit to the games you can play at online casinos, so the only task is choosing the game among dozens of game types and hundreds of scenarios. Not an easy task, you might rightfully admit, but we hope the rundown on the most popular real money casino games will help. And never forget that the free-play option is always there for you!
Real Money Slots
Slots are by far the most popular casino pastime, and they come in a few variations:
- Pokies (classic slots). Pokies are the most straightforward 3-reel machines with classic fruits and sevens dancing on the reels. Many of the 3-reel slots are the electronic copies of the so-popular land-based one-armed bandits, but some are independent games of modern designs & themes.
- Video slots. Constituting the majority of slots you can find at online casinos, video slots usually have 5 reels and any number of paylines, from three to dozens and hundreds. Most of these games are thematic. Be it underwater quests, cosmic voyages, bank robberies, or any other theme you want to experience; chances are you’ll find it at one or another video slot.
- Multi-payline slots. Interested in frequent winnings? Multi-payline slots are the answer. Pick a 243-way-to-win slot or the game and enjoy winnings every other spin. Note that you can try and double down your score at the end of every winning spin.
- Progressive slots. The sky’s the limit for you? Then you might want to take chances with Progressive slots of huge jackpots of thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars. These are Major Millions, Fruit Fiesta, Tunzamunni, Mega Moolah, and more.
Playing real money slots via an Android or iOS real money casino app is even more convenient than playing from your PC, so take advantage of the mobile app if the casino has one.
Real Money Poker in Best Online Casinos
With 311,875,200 ways to deal five cards from the deck and 2,598,960 possible hands, real money poker is a truly versatile game of skill that comes in three main types:
- Stud poker. In stud poker, players reveal some of the cards they’ve got at the beginning of the round, which gives them some information regarding the hands of each other. Based on that, the players in real money online casinos evaluate their further steps.
- Draw poker. Draw poker has no cards revealed, but players can replace a certain number of cards from their hands.
- Community card poker. In Community card poker, players are dealt hidden cards and use them to form winning combos with the community cards revealed to the players.
The goal of the majority of poker games is to get the highest possible combination out of the following ones (from the best to the worst): Royal flush, Straight flush, Four of a kind, Full house, Flush, Straight, Three of a kind, Two pair, One pair, and Higher card. Besides, some exotic poker variations, such as Lowball poker and High-Low split Poker, define winners in an unusual way. The multiverse of poker is so vast that you can find almost everything you wish and then study it in the free-play mode.
Real Money Roulette
Roulette is a game of chance, which means no strategy can make you a guaranteed winner. On the flip side, you have all the chance to catch the luck by the tail, especially once you learn to adjust your winning odds depending on the roulette you play and the wager you place:
- American Roulette. The only difference between American roulette and other types is that it contains an additional double-zero 00 section, giving the house an advantage of 5.26%. Other than that, the game is all about betting on numbers, colors, and odds/evens.
- European Roulette. With a house edge of 2.7%, European roulette is the second-best roulette to play in terms of a probability of a win. It’s simpler than French Roulette since it isn’t ‘burdened’ with additional rules like La Partage and En Prison.
- French Roulette. Speaking of La Partage and En Prison, these two allow you to lower the house edge to an insignificant 1.35%, almost equalizing your chances with the casino. When La Partage is in play, the ball landing on zero returns you half of your bet, whereas En Prison allows you to get half of your bet back by winning the next round.
Whenever you get bored with classic roulettes in a casino for real money, you can go for Multi-Ball roulettes, Multi-Wheel roulettes, and other derivatives.
Real Money Blackjack
An interesting fact is that among all casino games, blackjack is generally thought to be a game of luck, but it combines luck and skill. The goal of any blackjack is to get as close to 21 as possible without going over that score, but different game variations have slightly (or completely) different rules.
The most popular blackjack games in the best online casinos are European Blackjack, Single-deck Blackjack, Spanish 21, Vegas Strip Blackjack, Free Bet Blackjack, Atlantic City Blackjack, Double Exposure Blackjack, and more. But what you want to know about the game is the payouts, which are different depending on the cards you end up with:
- For outperforming a dealer (dealer busts or has a total higher than 21) with a hand other than ‘blackjack,’ you get a 1:1 payout, winning just as much as you’ve bet.
- If you score blackjack with your two first cards, you get either 3:2, winning 1.5x the bet, or 6:5 depending on the table.
- You can also place a side ‘insurance’ bet if the dealer is showing an Ace and you think he has a blackjack. If your prediction plays out, you get 2:1.
There are dozens of blackjack strategies and tables explaining what to do in this or that situation, so there is a lot of information to digest before playing blackjack for real money.
Live Dealer Casino Games
There’s no need to travel to play your favorite casino games face-to-face with dealers since, in 2020, you can do it from the comfort of your home. Just choose the live dealer game you like and enjoy the same camaraderie and thrill of wins as if you’re playing in your favorite brick-and-mortar casino. The assortment of live dealer games includes roulette, blackjack, baccarat, poker, bingo, lotteries, craps, and more card, wheel, and dice games – actually, you can play almost any of all casino games that exist as an electronic game. Wide-angle cameras produce a high-quality picture of the game and the backdrop of a studio (or a casino hall) where the game is played.
As new technological opportunities appear, live dealer games add to the quality of the picture and the level of interaction. Becoming better with each passing day, live dealer games are as popular as real casinos, and the trend is just gaining momentum. However, as a novice, you should know that live dealer games can rarely be played for free, so it’s only wise to choose the electronic analog of the live dealer game of your interest and practice with it in the first place.
Mobile Casino Games for Real Money
Since the emergence of mobile games, more and more casinos tend to provide decent mobile gaming libraries to mobile users. Whether that is a slot or a table game you’re willing to enjoy in the best online casinos on mobile, chances are your mobile casino for real money supports it. Nevertheless, there are a few things to remember.
- Download vs. no-download casinos. Even if the casino is available on mobile, it may require you to download the free mobile software to access its gaming library. A download may or may not be obligatory: casinos are often available through apps or mobile browsers.
- Playing via a mobile app is usually more convenient, but you don’t necessarily have to download and install it. The most common case is when a mobile casino has Android and iOS apps of neat and convenient layouts, but if you don’t want to download the app, you can just play in your mobile browser.
- Mobile and desktop gaming libraries may differ. Even in 2020, not all games are mobile-optimized. Some pokies and old-school games may not be available on mobile, so check this in advance, especially if you’re going to play something unique.
Have you heard, at least once in your life, of a chum hitting a mind-blowing jackpot at a casino game? We bet you did: big wins happen at Jackpot games, and once someone hits the progressive jackpot, the community goes wild. Speaking of a Progressive Jackpot, it is shared by a few or a few dozen games connected to a progressive jackpot network. The size of the jackpot increases as players spend money on the respective games, and once the progressive jackpot is triggered, the counter resets, and the new cycle starts.
There are no secrets to playing Progressive Jackpot slots and games since they are of the same rules & features as their non-progressive counterparts except for a) to hit the progressive jackpot, you must play with the highest bet; b) you cannot play progressive jackpot for free. Other than that, Progressive Jackpot games are quite ordinary. Last but not least, note that regular jackpots and progressive jackpots are not the same. A regular jackpot is the highest possible win in the game, but it is never shared across games.
Payments in Real Money Online Casinos
Not only does choosing a proper online casino game for real money makes you successful, but also choosing a casino that pays. While keeping in mind the importance of selecting a credible platform (hint: that’s any casino from our collection), make sure to check the availability of the baking methods you want to use, the deadlines for the payments you’re going to make, and the fees that may or may not apply. Unfortunately, not all casinos have their banking info available for registered users, so sometimes, the only way to find out the details is to sign up for the casino or read the reviews.
Payment Options for Real Money Online Casinos
Online casinos accept payments via classic bank (wire) transfers, electronic and paper checks, credit and debit cards, electronic wallets, and cryptocurrencies. Not all casinos support all payment methods: while some platforms employ up to a few dozen payment gateways, some may include only a few alternatives.
Here are the key moments to take into account before choosing your payment method:
- Payment methods are country-specific. You may think that all payment methods indicated on the Cashier page will work for you, but some gateways may be unavailable in your country. To clarify things in advance, contact the casino customer support before depositing into the casino.
- Even if your casino charges no fees, your payment provider may charge fees. Every transaction involves a payment provider (a bank, a blockchain, etc.) – that is, the party that processes the transaction and the one that will likely charge fees even if the casino states that all deposits and withdrawals are free.
- Banking methods that work both ways are more convenient. If you use the same payment method for both deposits and withdrawals, you don’t need to switch between payment gateways when you deposit or withdraw money.
Real Money Casino Deposits
The most popular deposit methods are credit and debit cards (VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, VISA Electron, etc.), bank wire transfers, checks, e-wallets (PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, Webmoney, etc.), mobile payments (Interact, iDebit, and other country-specific solutions), prepaid cards (Paysafecard, Neosurf, etc.) and cryptocurrencies (BTC, LTC, BCH, ETH, XRP, etc.).
To deposit to your online casino,
- Make sure you’re logged in to your casino account.
- Go to the Cashier page and choose the preferred deposit method.
- If you’re depositing for the first time, you may be asked to provide your identification documents (passport/driver ID scans + a copy of utility bills). We would recommend you to pass the identification if you are going to withdraw in the future. Even if the casino hasn’t asked for identification upon registration/deposit, you will have to pass identification before withdrawing from the casino.
- Specify the deposit amount (usually no less than $10) and submit your transaction (you may or may not be redirected to the interface of your payment system to complete the transaction).
- Wait until the money arrives.
Real Money Casino Withdrawals
Once you’ve won online casino slots for real money or any other game, you naturally want to cash out your winnings. Most online casino sites strive to provide two-way banking methods that can be used for depositing and withdrawing funds. However, that is not always possible, so make sure to check whether your depositing method can be used for withdrawals or not.
Theoretically, all deposit methods can be used for withdrawals, except for prepaid cards can only be used to deposit funds to the casino. Also, different withdrawal methods have different parameters:
- Minimum & maximum withdrawal amount. The minimum withdrawal amount is never less than $10, but it can be as high as $500, depending on the withdrawal method. Paper checks and wire transfers on online casino sites usually have higher minimum withdrawal limits than e-wallets and cryptocurrencies. Your casino may not even set the maximum withdrawal limit, but it’s a common practice that casinos split huge wins into several installments paid over a month or so.
- Withdrawal fees. Casinos rarely charge withdrawal fees, but most payment providers do charge fees, especially if the currency exchange takes place upon transaction.
- Withdrawal time. The total withdrawal time consists of the online casino sites’ processing time and the payment provider’s processing time. The fastest payments are done via e-wallets and cryptocurrencies.
How Do We Rate & Review the Best Real Money Slots Casinos
Our players’ protection is of paramount concern. Before any online casino games appear on the SlotsUp list they must go through our strict review procedure for players to receive a precise assessment. Online gambling reviews the legality history of all the casino websites and makes sure it has the best security practices. Banking – Every player who is playing a casino game wants to be sure that his or her payment information is secure and that multiple deposit methods exist.
The company believes in providing the best possible customer service, for the best possible customer experience. The casinos are approved by us if they offer customer service available on a 24-hour basis. Live chat and email are very useful, although you can use other communication methods such as telephone numbers as well. Then we contact the customer service representative so that they can see how quickly they respond or what kind of assistance they have given.
For game lovers, we also check whether the lobby offers an extensive collection. These include classic slot machines, jackpot progressives, and multiple paylines slots. We also have a new website that keeps on top of all new slots machines and providers. Although we want to ensure that the games are offered largely in the slot genre, we appreciate a well-rounded gaming environment that offers table games and live-agent casino facilities.
Safety and Security
Our team reviews every casino for safety reasons. The website holds the highest license, such as those issued by the Malta Gaming Authority (MLA) or UKGCC. Safe payouts can prove that safe online casinos care about their players so we will reward reputable casinos with reliable banking transactions. The recommendation websites have a Know Your Customer process that checks the identity of the players.
Quality of Casino Bonuses
Only casinos with good bonuses and high payouts are recommended. The player should be able to get bonuses from various companies for their games – the bonuses are a good deal. When casinos have both deposit and no deposit bonuses, this is a sign that the player is valued. Similarly, the loyalty points are seen as an advantage for our customers as well.
Our goal is to let players play any of their favorite casino games and we only rank casinos that are suitable for every device in order of performance. Our websites also offer mobile casinos that can be used by your browser. The other option may be accessing download casino games using the App for Android.
Variety of Banking Options
A trusted web page with a variety of popular deposits and withdrawal options. We make sure each casino we choose offers different cards, wallets, and cryptocurrencies. Also, recommending casinos for quick payouts, low deposit limits, and low processing costs will help you to find a better deal.
Real Money Slots Casinos FAQ
What Slot Games Can I Play Online for Real Money?
You can play real money slot games of all types, from classic 3-reel slots to video online slots, 3D slots, and progressive slots. Also, you can play all of the best real money slots online (except for some progressive slots) in the demo mode, spending as many virtual credits as you need to get ready to play for real money.
However, regardless of the real money slot you’re going to play, it’s equally important to choose a reliable casino that pays. We’ve researched hundreds of casinos to include the best of them on the shortlist on this webpage; feel free to use it.
Do I Have to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
There’s no definite answer to whether you must pay taxes when you win real money. It depends on at least two factors.
- Your country or state may or may not tax gambling winnings.
- Some countries and states apply different taxes to small and big winnings. For example, some U.S. states do not apply taxes to winnings under $500.
Suppose you are not sure whether you have to pay taxes on your casino winnings. In that case, we recommend you consult the casino customer support or maybe even a local gaming lawyer before you play casino slots online for real money to avoid possible penalties.
What is the Best Online Slot for Real Money to Play?
It depends on your preferences. Take into account the following:
- RTP, which is the generosity (or the house edge) of the slot. Slots with an RPT of 97% and more are considered the best.
- Layout & theme. There are simple 3×3 online slot machines and more advanced 3×5 slots of various themes and with multiple paylines. Choose the one you like.
- Progressive or non-progressive. If you want to hit a jackpot of millions of dollars, consider playing progressive online slot machines: Mega Moolah, Major Millions, etc.
Do Online Slots Websites Have Jackpot Games?
As being said above, online casinos do support progressive jackpot networks of astonishing prizes. Here are a few of the numerous progressive slots you can find at our shortlisted casinos: Mega Moolah, Major Millions, King Cashalot, Beach Life, and Gold Rally.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Play Online Slots for Real Money?
Generally, you have to be 18 years old, but the minimum age may be different depending on your country (state) and the age policy of the casino.
What are the Perks of Playing in Real Money Casinos?
Playing for real money is what gambling is about. When you play for real money, you feel the excitement & thrill, and you recharge, and, of course, you win money if you’re lucky enough. There are many aspects to playing for real money. Still, the most important things are to choose a reliable casino, learn the game before playing it for real money, use casino bonuses, and practice bankroll management.
Do I Have to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
Whether your casino winnings are taxed depends on your country (state). Here are three possible cases:
- Winnings are not taxed. Some U.S. states do not impose taxes on gambling wins, or the taxes are paid by casinos only, or the taxes are automatically deducted from your winnings. In all these cases, you have nothing to worry about.
- Only small winnings are taxed. Taxes may not be implied on small winnings, or the percentage may depend on the size of winnings in real money online casinos.
- All winnings are taxed. More often than not, if you win in a real money casino, you have to declare your income and pay taxes.
For the nuances of the taxation policy, ask the casino customer support or your local gaming lawyer.
How Can I Deposit Money in Real Money Casinos?
To replenish your casino account with real money,
- Make sure you’ve signed up for the casino.
- Go to the Banking webpage and choose your preferred deposit method.
- Fill out the details and specify the deposit amount (but no less than $10 or whatever is the minimum deposit amount at your casino).
- Submit the deposit request and wait for the money to arrive. Deposits are usually instant.
Can I Play in Real Money Online Casinos with Different Currencies?
You can play with any currency supported by your casino. As a rule, you are asked to choose the currency of your account upon registration. However, even if your casino does not support the currency you want to deposit with, you nevertheless can make a deposit as long as your payment provider can do an exchange between the respective currencies. In this case, you will pay a conversion fee.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Play for Real Money?
You have to be at least 18 years of age to play in real money online casinos, but the number may vary depending on the country (state), the game, and the online casino sites.