Video Poker Free in Online Casinos
Did you know that video poker free online game was one of the first casino games to be played on any computer? The game was available on some of the first computers back in the late 1970s. Today, online video poker’s popularity is surpassed only by online casino games like blackjack and slots.
Besides being the oldest online casino game, poker could be considered one of the most ancient. Historians believe that the Persian game of as is very similar to poker and was played by Persians and Medes 3000 years ago. It was introduced into the United States by Persian sailors in the 1820s who came in through New Orleans.
The game later spread northward along the Mississippi and to the principal river ports of Kansas City, Nashville, Davenport, Minneapolis, Louisville, Memphis, and Saint Louis. Today, you can play free video poker online or download it for your entertainment. The game has now gained popularity both online and on-land casinos.
Internet technology has made it possible to play free video poker against real opponents who may be located in different countries. All of these happen in real-time. Whichever the case, there’s no difference between the “real thing” and online video poker.
Best Free Online Video Poker Games for 2023
Everything You Need to Know About Online Video Poker
Internet video poker online is an exciting casino game whose rules are pretty straightforward to learn. The game has many variants based on poker’s most straightforward variety, the five-card draw.
The game gives the player a chance to win big (in jackpot proportions) while bringing profit to the casino. This explains why it’s still a favorite among thousands of players globally since its entry into the casinos back in the 1970s.
What sets aside online video poker from most online casino games is that you can influence the game’s outcome by using a strategy.
Online Video Poker Types
Online video poker free games can be found at almost any gambling site. Although Jacks or Better is undoubtedly the most popular game variant, several other types also exist. Some of the most popular online video poker games include:
- Deuces Wild: This game uses a standard deck of 52 cards. Here, deuces (twos) are wild, and they substitute any other card on the deck to form a winning hand.
- Jacks or Better: This game is considered the best one to start with if you’re playing for the first time. The game is won when the player’s hand has at least a pair of jacks.
- Aces and Faces: It is quite similar to Jacks Or Better play. As the name suggests, the increased payouts on this game are linked to a 4-of-a-kind combination in Face and Aces cards like Kings, Jacks, and Queens.
- Joker’s Wild: This is a relatively simple game with 53 cards- the extra card on the standard deck is the joker, which also serves as a Wild Card.
- Tens Or Better: This game is quite similar to Jacks or Better. The only thing that differentiates them is that in Tens Or Better, the lowest hand to receive a payout is a pair of tens, while in Jacks Or Better, the lowest hand is a pair of Jacks.
Free Video Poker Vs. Real Money Video Poker: What to Choose?
Video poker has always been associated with betting real money with the hopes of winning big payouts. But did you know that you can also enjoy the free version of the game?
A player may want to play video poker free for different reasons. But usually, most players want to practice their skills before putting in real money.
It’s a given that not everyone is comfortable playing real money video poker online. That’s why it’s always best to carry out due diligence and know what to expect.
These are some of the advantages of playing free poker video at online casinos:
- You can play for as long as you wish
- There is a wide array of games to choose from
- It’s easy to sign up for real money by making a deposit
The downside of playing for free at online casinos is that some casinos may spam you after creating an account. You may also have to sign up at multiple online casinos. The advantages of playing for real money are more thrill and entertainment and higher chances of getting rewards. Some of the disadvantages of playing free video poker no download no registration are increased risk of addiction to gambling and loss of money.
History of Video Poker
The first video poker machine (Poker-Matic) was created in the 1970s by Dale Electronics. Essentially, the device used a television screen to display electronically generated cards. Despite being placed in most Las Vegas casinos, the machines didn’t catch on too well with players.
A few years later, William “Si” Redd, a Bally’s distributor, came up with a new machine version. He called it “Video Poker,” based on the game Jacks or Better 5- card draw. Si pitched the idea to Bally’s executives, but they turned him down. Immediately, William took his statement to the Fortune Coin Company, and they were receptive to it. They united to form Si Redd’s Coin Machine (SIRCOMA) in 1978.
By 1981, his video poker games were the most popular addition to casinos in Las Vegas and beyond. In the same year, Mr. Redd changed his company’s name from SIRCOMA to International Game Technology (IGT) after it went public. This company has been recognized as one of the most successful and largest gambling manufacturers.
Over the years, there has been a significant advancement in the technology used to transform video poker into what we know today. With physical video poker machines, mobile video poker games, and free online video poker at our disposal, the future of poker is only getting better.
How to Pick The Best Online Casinos
With the increased popularity and demand for online casino games, it can be tricky to figure out the best online site for gambling. Here are tips to help you choose the best option to give you an exceptional experience playing online.
- Carry Out Due Diligence. It’s always important to conduct thorough research before registering for a real play account at an online casino. Get to know more about a casino’s free video poker games, reputation, licensing, history, ownership, etc. The best way to do this is by joining online casino forums and interacting with its registered players. Also, reputable online casinos usually display their own information and licensing at the bottom of their homepage.
- Try Out the Customer Care Service. Before signing up at an online casino, ensure that it offers support through live chat, telephone, or email. Also, try contacting a customer care representative to see if they respond quickly.
- Check Out the Payment Methods. Never sign up at an online casino before finding out if it supports the payment method you’re most comfortable with. Additionally, it’s always good to visit the online casino’s banking page before registering for real money play. If this information is not displayed on its website, you could always contact customer care.
Video Poker Terms
There are several terms commonly used when playing online video poker, and here are some of them:
- Ace-High: This refers to when a player holds an Ace in their hand but cannot make a full house, royal flush, straight flush, pair, two pair, or flush with what’s on the board.
- Aces and Eights: Also known as “dead man’s hand,” this video poker classic free variation awards the player with a higher payout for four of a kind hands with all aces or all eights.
- Bankroll: The amount of money a player has set aside for gambling purposes. Figuring out your bankroll size and sticking to that exact amount is one of the main strategies for serious players.
- Action: Using a specific machine and betting on it is referred to as action. It also refers to a player’s total amount of money wagered during a video poker games free.
- All American: A version of video poker that pays more for straight flushes, flushes, and straights but offers less for full houses and pairs.
- Carousel: Video poker machines of various banks that are linked together to offer a progressive jackpot.
- Deuces Wild: This is a variant of video poker that turns all twos into wild cards. This game can offer a payback of a little over 100% when played with the right strategy.
- Drawing hand: A video poker hand that needs a specific card to be drawn to improve.
- Hopper: It’s a slot under a video poker machine that holds winning. Nowadays, most machines don’t display this feature. Instead, a ticket is given and redeemed at a cashier’s window.
- Kicker: A card in a video poker hand that isn’t included in any other winning combination. This could be a thin line between winning and losing in traditional poker. This is not a hurdle to video poker pros since they often get rid of them.
Playing Online Video Poker: Basics, Strategies, and Tips
As mentioned earlier, video poker free online is one of the most accessible casino games to learn and play. While there are many versions of online video poker, one general rule applies to all of them: make a five-card poker hand that qualifies as a win and wins the corresponding paytable prize.
Games like roulette and slot machines don’t require a strategy, so your choices won’t affect the game in any way. Most poker players are not aware that they can impact a game. Instead, they’ll play by guessing and hope to get lucky.
Does this mean that you can always win video poker? Let’s say that the chances are pretty high. So, how do you increase the chances of winning at video poker?
How to Play Online Video Poker
If you’re not sure about how to play free online video poker no download, this is what you should know. First things first, what is video poker? It is a computerized console similar in size to a slot machine and is based on five-card draw poker. Here, players try their luck at making certain poker hand combinations.
The deck’s outcome is based on a random number generator, which regularly shuffles the deck, whether you’re hitting. The random number generator will stop at whichever mix combination when you hit or draw. There’s no guessing or pattern since there are 2.6 million possible card combinations. Your risks increase with the more hands you play.
Each video poker game has a deck that should be played as a single-hand game. Each hand comprises five cards, which will pay out a lower or a higher sum depending on the number of pairs of consecutive card values.
The video poker rules are similar to draw poker, but the difference is that no player is playing against you. Therefore, you’ll want to get the five-card poker hand with the highest ranking. Choosing to hold will allow you to keep some cards; clicking deal will give you your first five cards.
Here are some other basic online video poker tips to always keep in mind:
- Always play with max coins
- Always draw for a flush over a straight
- Don’t drop a low pair, even if you have three cards
- Match your hand to the highest initial card amount
Although there are different types of video poker and game variations to choose from, they all operate under a similar set of rules.
- If your hand matches any of the qualifying poker hands, you win the corresponding prize
- You can opt to discard or hold all of your cards
- Standard “table” poker hands are used
- All cards you choose to do away with will be replaced in a single random draw
- You’re dealt five starting cards
Online Video Poker Strategies
Thanks to its entertaining nature, free online draw poker continues to attract players from different countries. At the same time, it’s a game in which both skills and luck are equally important. Unlike other sites, gamblers can influence the game’s outcome by using a different yet effective video poker strategy.
The first and most important thing players should know is that they should carefully choose the cards they need to hold or replace. You’re also allowed to return all five cards or have them. The decision you make is entirely up to you.
You’re probably wondering how to decide which cards to hold. It all becomes easier once you understand the winning hands in video poker. It’s also wise to keep strong cards even when they’re not included in the winning combination.
Always hold Straight Flush, Four of a Kind, Two Pair, and Royal Flush since they are all winning combinations. It would be better to discard the two remaining cards when you have Three of a Kind because you may turn them into a Full House.
Sometimes, it’s also advisable to break a Straight or a Flush. For instance, if your hand has a K, J, Q, 9, and an A, you can get rid of the 9 and replace it with another card. If you’re lucky, you could get a 10 and form a Royal Flush. Even if you don’t get a 10 from the same suit, the A, k, J, and Q will also bring you a payout.
Another thing worth noting is that you should never toss all your cards. You have to make smart moves and decide if the cards you’ll throw will create a winning hand. You should make these decisions only when your hand has mixed cards that cannot form a winning hand. If you have a High Pair, it would be best to discard three of your cards. If you have a Small Pair, throwing three of your cards will be best.
How To Win In Online Video Poker
You have a chance of hitting the much-coveted Four of a Kind once every 500 spins as long as there are no Wild Cards. The right strategy can significantly increase your chances of winning whenever you play video poker. Since you’re playing against a computer, your tactics should not be based on mere guesses. You should also not play it as a gambling game.
Get to know which machine you’re playing on before starting to play since they can vary. The paytable is, therefore, your first edge. Be on the lookout for a machine that provides a near 100% payout instead of 97%. It’s also essential to stick to one or two types whenever you want to play video poker. Video poker offline free has different variations, and memorizing all the games’ strategies may be difficult. The other approach may also confuse you when playing one game.
Using a strategy sheet will also increase your chances of winning. A strategy list is like a cheat sheet that shows you ways to succeed in an online video poker game. The strategy sheet will also help you determine which cards to keep and which cards to get rid of. However, it’s worth noting that these tips may not guarantee you big wins since this game is purely based on luck and efficient strategies.
What is the Best Bet in Online Video Poker?
Double Double Bonus Poker. It’s a type of video poker with a return to player (RTP) of 98.9%.
What are the Best Types of Online Video Poker Games?
Some of the most popular online video poker games with better odds for players include Bonus Poker, Jack or Better, and Double Bonus.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Play Online Video Poker?
In most casinos globally, you have to be at least 18 or 21 to play video poker for real money. 21 is the common age when it comes to an online casino with video poker. For most land-based casinos, one must be 18 years old.
What are the Odds of Winning in Video Poker?
The best bet in video poker games online is roughly 45% when playing with optimal strategy. You can increase your chances of winning by understanding each game and using the right playing strategies.
Can I Play Video Poker on a Mobile Phone?
Yes, you can. You can play free video poker no downloads on any connected device like a tablet or phone. There are very few games that offer such benefits to players that video poker does.