What is PAGCOR
PAGCOR stands for the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation. It is a government-owned and controlled corporation in the Philippines responsible for regulating and operating various forms of gambling activities in the country. PAGCOR’s mandate includes overseeing land-based and online casinos and other gaming operations such as bingo, sports betting, and electronic gaming. In addition to regulating the industry, PAGCOR generates revenue for the Philippine government through licensing fees and other levies imposed on the gaming establishments under its jurisdiction.
PAGCOR is responsible for regulating and operating gaming and amusement activities in the Philippines. It operates 15 casinos, 49 e-games outlets, and 33 bingo halls nationwide. It also licenses and regulates private casinos and other gaming establishments.
In 2021, PAGCOR generated over PHP 330 billion in revenue for the government, making it the third largest contributor to government coffers after the Bureau of Internal Revenue and the Bureau of Customs.
PAGCOR is committed to providing safe, fair, and responsible gaming in the Philippines. It has several programs to promote responsible gaming, such as its GamCare program, which provides information and assistance to problem gamblers and their families.
Here are some of the critical functions of PAGCOR:
- Regulate and operate gaming and amusement activities in the Philippines.
- Issue licenses and permits to private gaming establishments.
- Collect taxes and fees from gaming and amusement activities.
- Promote responsible gaming.
- Provide assistance to problem gamblers and their families.
- Support government programs and projects.
PAGCOR is a significant contributor to the Philippine economy. It generates billions of pesos in revenue for the government each year and provides employment to thousands of Filipinos. PAGCOR is committed to promoting responsible gaming and ensuring that gaming activities in the Philippines are safe and fair.
- GCash Vs. PayMaya
- Online Casino Withdrawals using GCash
- Popular Online Slots with GCash
- PAGCOR Licensed Game Providers and Gambling Sites
- Increased Competition In The Philippines As Another Challenge For Casino Operators
- Covid-19 Effects On Gambling In The Philippines And What Casinos Are Doing About It
- At Last! Easing Isolation Measures Will Allow Philippines’ Casinos To Restart Soon
- PHP - Philippine Peso