Curacao Licensed Casinos Online
A considerable amount of large online casino brands operate within the Curacao gambling license. Some of the names include Playamo Casino, Casinonic, Kingbilly Casino, Red Dog Casino, and more. Online gambling is an ever-evolving and highly dynamic multi-billion-dollar market. No doubt, it would be perfect if every internet gambling operator flawlessly abided by the strict rules of fair play and financial security.
However, when hefty sums of money are involved, certain facilities can’t resist the temptation to go beyond their moral obligations. That’s where legal licensing comes into play. Each online gambling operator is required to be licensed under regulators within their jurisdiction. That way, casinos, as well as their owners, expose themselves to regular background checks and independent audits and i.e. guarantee to their players financial safety and personal data protection.
Best Curacao Licensed Online Casino Sites:
Curacao Gambling Commission Framework
In this post, we will take a closer look at the Curacao online gambling license, its pros, and cons as well as its overall reliability. Also, we will dwell upon the main principles according to which the Curacao gambling commission functions. In 1993, the legal regulation of gambling was initiated in this island country.
In 1996, more than 20 years ago, Curacao launched the e-Gaming Licensing Authority. Since then, it has licensed about 500 online gambling facilities and eventually transformed into one of the most well-known online gaming authorities and casino license issuing framework creators in the whole wide world.
Today, the jurisdiction is governed by the Curaçao Internet Gaming Association (CIGA). Despite its promising attitude, in practice, the jurisdiction hasn’t yet proven its solid intention to become one of the most trustworthy online gambling commissions in the world. Below, you will find some evidence to back up this statement.
How the Commission Works
Truth be told, licenses issued by this jurisdiction are so popular because they are very easy to obtain. And they’re incredibly convenient. Compared to other licensing authorities, Curacao issues one license for the entire online gambling business. As for other licensing bodies, they would require, for instance, two separate licenses for an online casino and a poker room – even if both services are offered within one and the same online platform.
Here are a few more reasons why so many online casinos opt for Curacao as their licensing jurisdiction:
- the application procedure is as easy as ABC: in many cases obtaining this license is just the ticket, especially if casinos owners are on the prowl for a swift, hassle-free and crystal clear application procedure;
- attractive application cost: the owners of Curacao gambling sites choose this option because it is very cost-effective;
- low taxes: by sticking with this gambling license, an online gambling facility will be subjected to only 2% corporate tax, with a 0% tax on gross incoming wagers. And the taxes will stay this low up until the year 2026. Actually, this is one of the ultimate benefits of joining the highly extensive Curacao casinos online community;
- flexible and favorable conditions of use: the combination of the simple process and the one-license-for-the-entire-operation perk is just way too tempting;
- additional expert support for online gambling operators: this implies offering financial and banking services, comprehensive technical assistance, as well as providing an overall consulting support;
- cryptocurrency-friendly: Bitcoin- and cryptocurrency-based online venues choose to obtain this wonderful gambling license because it’s extremely cryptocurrency-oriented.
‘But what’s in it for me?’ a typical player may ask. Before arriving at your own ultimate conclusion about the reliability of this online gambling license, don’t hesitate to explore the information below.
Application Requirements & Compliance Highlights
In their majority, Curacao licensed online casinos are aimed to provide their clients with a safe and fair gaming environment, as well as absolute security and confidentiality. Before applying for a gambling license within this jurisdiction, the owners of an online casino must make sure their gambling venue complies with a certain set of criteria.
To prove its eligibility, a potentially soon-to-be new Curacao online casino must show that it:
- has all the top-notch equipment and software to conform to the internationally acknowledged online gambling standards;
- is genuinely interested in providing each player with secure gaming, fair chances of winning as well as overall supervision and support;
- is ready to undergo regular independent audits and background checks.
All Curacao licensed casinos must update their websites with specific Seals of Approval provided to them by their legislators – and make sure these Seals are as easily found as possible. That way, they let their players know that they operate under stringent policies and undergo regular audits. In case certain online casinos licensed by the Curacao gaming control board begin operating far outside the jurisdiction’s rules, their licenses get instantly suspended – with the possibility of renewal in five years.
Four individual gaming licenses are up for grabs under the jurisdiction of Curacao. They are – Curaçao Interactive Licensing, Gaming Curacao, Curacao eGaming, and AntillePhone NV Gaming. They provide sub-licenses and are also referred to as master licensees. We at SlotsUp feature a lot of solid online casinos that are licensed by Curacao.
To obtain a Curacao online gambling license, an online casino must meet the following criteria – aside from sorting the application and investing an up to ,000 monthly payment:
- an original document issued by the police or government agency after the background check is performed (referred to as police clearance certificate);
- the owners’ certified ID scans;
- the original statement from a bank confirming that their customer(s) can meet a specific financial commitment (referred to as bank reference or banker’s reference);
- a full report on all game types provided at the online gambling venue;
- a comprehensive description of the gaming software used by the owners;
- a detailed outline of the casino’s geographic target audience;
- a statement signed by all facility owners declaring that their online gambling platform warns their clients about all the risks related to gambling and prevents underage players from playing within their website.
After obtaining the online casino Curacao license, each internet gambling venue should follow specific rules. First, they must keep track of each player who deposits their funds, as well as their personal data. Second, online casinos with Curacao license are prohibited from accepting deposits from the Netherlands Antilles (i.e. Dutch Caribbean). And finally, they must abstain from all forms of unethical and aggressive marketing efforts.
Curaçao Internet Gaming Association: Reputation and Player Protection
For an aspiring online casino, obtaining a Curacao gambling license equals choosing the easiest route. The application procedure is straightforward, the fees are affordable and the rules are strict – in theory. For a player, accessing a Curacao licensed online casino is a slippery slope. On the one hand, if you’re lucky, you will find your way to an honest venue – based on the experience you already have.
On the other hand, you may easily come across dishonored Curacao licensed operators featuring misleading offers or even face a complete fraud. The sour points listed below are crucial in preventing most online gambling experts from considering Curacao an impeccably reliable jurisdiction. Poor quality customer service seems to have majorly affected the reputation of this promising jurisdiction.
A lot of online gambling experts agree that this type of license is a lot less reliable than a license obtained from the Isle of Man, Gibraltar or Alderney. The thing is, the Curacao jurisdiction displays little to no interest in resolving player/casino disputes: now that’s what we call a major red flag for the players.
Typically, Curacao’s official dispute resolution process revolves around referring the player to solve their issues directly with the casino. As a result, the quality of service offered by the online gambling venues licensed by this jurisdiction varies tremendously. Therefore, each player should be extremely cautious when joining a Curacao licensed facility.
The Curacao eGaming Authority representatives promote themselves as some of the most acknowledged and reputable licensing jurisdictions. According to their public statements, they are committed to stimulating secure and fair gaming practices and forge an ethical, customer-centered approach in everything they do.
However, based on our extensive research, certain online gambling venues operating within this jurisdiction did fail to represent Curacao as a completely solid jurisdiction. Also, there are cases when some gambling sites operating under this jurisdiction have turned to dishonest, unlawful or downright scammy practices. Partially, that’s because almost anyone who has enough money can obtain this license.
Many Curacao licensed online casinos allow their players the possibility to make the most of the safest and fastest payment options available on the market. A lot of these gambling facilities offer swift and reliable withdrawal options, as well as honest and generous bonus deals. Since the reputation of the Curacao jurisdiction is not the most stellar in the world, we recommend that you research every internet gambling facility that catches your attention prior to joining it – for the sake of your confidentiality and funds protection.
There are a lot of Curacao online casinos, some of them are among the industry leaders. Playing at a properly licensed-by-any-jurisdiction gambling website is better than joining a casino that has no license at all. However, since this particular jurisdiction is not the most reliable out there, you should always look up the history of each Curacao-licensed online gambling venue you join.
Don’t forget that all internet casinos listed within our online gambling review platform are totally safe and reliable. Our experts have hand-picked them based on multiple criteria such as fair gaming possibilities, a multitude of ultra-modern games to suit all tastes, impeccable customer service, top of the line payment solutions, generous bonus deals, etc.
If you’re a player from the UK who’s into hassle-free gambling and i.e. you’re specifically looking for Curacao casinos accepting UK players, SlotsUp is just what the doctor ordered. We feature reliable Curacao casinos that accept UK players on a welcoming and highly stress-free no-strings-attached basis.
Curacao Gambling Commission FAQ
- Can Curacao regulated casinos be trusted?
- Of course. However, we cannot emphasize enough the importance of exploring each casino’s Terms of Service, studying the licensing info and researching other players’ reviews about it on the internet – before you decide to join it and play for real money. Taking into consideration all the risks we’ve guided you through in this post, looking ‘behind the scenes’ of each online gambling venue you fancy is especially crucial.
- How to know if a casino is regulated by Curacao?
- First and foremost, look for the specific Curacao eGaming logo within their website footer section. Also, if you’ve found a Curacao licensed online gambling venue on your own and would like to know if it’s reliable, just refer to our online gambling selection above. If our experts have included this facility on our list, then it’s definitely worth joining and playing at.
- How do I file a complaint?
- To file a complaint, visit the jurisdiction’s official website and head to the Contact us section. Complete the quick ‘File a complaint’ form, and you’re done. Alternatively, email them directly at [email protected] Make sure you describe the situation in detail and be as persistent in your attempts to reach the commissioners as possible.
- Are My Funds Safe at a Casino Regulated by Curacao?
- If you are lucky to have found a reliable online gambling venue, then definitely, your funds are safe. Taking into account the fact that this particular jurisdiction doesn’t always confront its licensees whenever they break the rules of the commission, you should double-check every single detail about the venue you’ve chosen to play at.
- Are Curacao Licenced Casinos Safe?
- Again, with Curacao-licensed casinos, we recommend that you approach each facility individually. There are excellent, reliable online gambling establishments licensed by this jurisdiction. So make sure you play on the safe side and take an increasingly selective approach when dealing with gambling venues with Curacao license.