Saskatchewan Casinos Online
Whether you are willing to visit a land-based casino or prefer to gamble from the comfort of your home in an online casino in Saskatchewan, the province has everything to quench your thirst for excitement and thrill. There are 8 brick-and-mortar casinos and who knows how many online counterparts in the region: slot machines, lottery games, horse racing tracks, charitable gaming – all this determines the life of local gamblers, but anyone looking for an authorized online casino will likely have a hard time since almost all types of online gambling (that is, anything except for lotteries) are not regulated in the province.
However, lots of credible offshore online casinos welcome players from Saskatchewan. Without any obstacles – since neither the local authorities nor the state ban punters from accessing third-party online casinos – you can play in any casino you like. And if you are about to choose one – as well as learn all the details of online and offline gambling in Saskatchewan – then just continue reading.
Best Online Casino accepting players from Saskatchewan
Legal Online Gambling in Saskatchewan
Laws Regulating Online Casinos in Saskatchewan
Whether you like it or not, you will have to spend some time to get the hang of the complex Saskatchewan gambling laws. On the one hand, local gambling entities are subject to the Criminal Code of Canada; on the other hand, they are subject to local Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (the full list of services provided by Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority is available here) and the Alcohol and Gaming Regulations Act, 1997.
- Land-based gambling. Out of eight brick-and-mortar casinos in the province, six are run by Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority and two by Saskatchewan Gaming Corporation. More than 4200 Video Lottery Terminals (VLTs) located in licensed taverns and lounges throughout the province are regulated by the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority.
- Online gambling. The only official form of online gambling is the local lottery regulated by Saskatchewan Lotteries.
- Land-based sports betting. Licensed sports betting retailers are regulated by Sport Select. The maximum amount a person can spend at a single retailer is $250 per day.
- Horse racing and charitable gaming. Both are regulated by the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority.
As you can see, there’s no strict prohibition on online gambling, which is why offshore online Saskatchewan casinos are a safe choice for local gamblers. There are neither laws that would limit the activities of the international gambling operators nor restrictions or penalties imposed on Saskatchewan gamblers that play on third-party websites.
Getting Help for Problem Gambling in Sask
Following the idea of responsible gambling, Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority redirects 85% of its profits from VLTs to the General Revenue Fund to support healthcare programs and responsible gambling infrastructure. The official representative of Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority is Saskatchewan Health, which coordinates treatment, prevention, and educational services together with regional health organizations.
Here are the places where you can consult or get help if you feel unable to stop gambling at your favorite Saskatchewan online casino or have any other gambling-related mental problems:
- Problem Gambling Helpline – available online, by phone (round-the-clock, 1-800-306-6789), or by text (Available 7 Days a Week: 7 pm-midnight, 1-306-400-2785) – provides general information on gambling addiction, counseling, crisis intervention services, and help from self-help groups; everything for free.
- eMentalHealth – a website to find your local mental health services and get a quick assessment of whether you have a gambling addiction.
Unlike some other Canadian provinces (which, as gambling addicts say themselves, are reluctant to set reasonable gambling limits), Saskatchewan does care about problematic gamblers. There’s a 60-minute time limit for a gambling session ending with an automatic cashout, as well as responsible gambling messages on the VLTs (for example, messages that indicate the actual amount of money won or lost).
Discover the Best Online Casinos in Sask
Though the only officially permitted form of online gambling is the local lottery, the choice of international online casinos for Canadian players is tremendous. Given that, you might want to make things simpler. If so, just follow the criteria below when selecting an online casino in Saskatchewan, or – which is even better – use our ready-made list of time-tested Saskatchewan online casinos.
How to Pick Best Online Casinos in Saskatchewan
Not to lay an egg with Saskatchewan online gambling, go through the checklist below before choosing your online casino:
- License. You are not protected by the Saskatchewan local gambling laws when playing at international casinos, so it’s utterly important to make sure the chosen casino is fair. Not only should it hold a license but preferably be licensed in a reputable jurisdiction, for example, the UK (that is, be licensed by the UK Gambling Commission). Several licenses are even better.
- Software quality. The quality of software can be confirmed with international certificates, for example, the eCOGRA seal.
- Payment methods. The more fast, cheap, and secure banking alternatives you have, the easier it is for you to deposit and withdraw funds.
Top 3 Online Casinos for Saskatchewan Players
- Jackpot City. With more than two decades of experience, Jackpot City offers a breathtaking range of games: 3D slots, table games, scratch cards, live dealers – all these and more games are available 24/7. The eCOGRA certificate signifies the reliability of the casino whereas the latest SSL encryption keeps your data safe and private. Last but not least, the casino offers anyone a whopping head start with the luxurious €1600 welcome bonus.
- Spin Casino. Another pioneer of the field, the 20-year-old Spin Casino unites all the gambling perks under one roof. More than 500 slots from the renowned market leaders like Microgaming along with diverse mobile/table/jackpot games are nothing but eye candy. Just pick the one you would love and embark on a thrilling gambling adventure with the breathtaking €1000 deposit bonus in your pocket.
- Royal Vegas. What about catching a whopping $13-million progressive jackpot? Sounds tempting? Then go and challenge your luck at Royal Vegas, an exquisite, generous online gambling venue treating newcomers with a luscious $1200 welcome bonus. Tomb Raider, Immortal Romance, Thunderstruck II, Avalon II – try and win at one of these popular titles or hunt for more exotic games like craps. May luck be with you!
Top 3 Land-Based Casinos in Saskatchewan
Wonder which casino in Saskatchewan is the best out of eight brick-and-mortar gambling hubs operating in the province? The reviews below might give you an idea.
Located on Saskatchewan Drive in Regina, the eponymous casino offers a whole range of games for gambling enthusiasts, from classic slot machines to table games and all imaginable variations of poker, as well as never-ending tournaments and promotions. The casino was once Regina’s Union Train Station, so the location is really comfortable. It works round-the-clock on Fridays and Saturdays and from 9 am to 3 am on other days.
Bear Claw Casino & Hotel
A small and neat casino, Bear Claw Casino & Hotel has been nestling on the White Bear First Nations near Moose Mountain Provincial Park since 1993. It runs games 24 hours a day on weekends and from 9 am to 1 am on workdays. In addition to 140 slot machines and 3 live games, the casino offers various tournaments throughout the year, as well as hotel rooms and a plethora of tasty food at Growlers Restaurant and Lounge. And don’t forget to load up on souvenirs at the Bear Necessities Gift Shop.
Dakota Dunes Casino
Mouth-watering food, fabulous live shows, exciting gambling…what if you were offered 3-in-1 at Dakota Dunes Casino, a top-notch brick-and-mortar casino situated along Saskatchewan Highway 219? The 84,000 square feet facility encompasses dozens of thrilling table games, hundreds of slots, players club and high-limit tables for high-rollers, and of course, tempting promotions for newcomers and regulars. It even hosts weddings!
Saskatchewan Casino FAQ
- 📌 Are Online Casinos in Saskatchewan Safe to Play?
- Yes, but there’s a nuance: since there are no authorized online Sask casinos (that is, the casinos approved by the government), you are not protected by the law. With that in mind, select only reputable international online casinos, for example, ones from our list.
- 📌 Who Regulates Online Gambling in Saskatchewan?
- Theoretically, gambling in the province is subject to the Criminal Code of Canada, the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority, and the Alcohol and Gaming Regulations Act, 1997. However, the only regulated form of online gambling is the local lottery. Except for it, you should rely on your own discretion when selecting an online casino.
- 📌 What is the Gambling Age in Saskatchewan?
- The minimum gambling age is 19.
- 📌 Do I Need to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
- You do not need to pay taxes on your winning unless you are a professional gambler that makes living out of it. However, it’s only wise to consult a lawyer when it comes to big winnings.
- 📌 What are the Recommended Payment Methods?
- You are free to use any payment method provided by the casino. The criteria to choose the optimal payment method include safety, speed, and cost-effectiveness, as well as bonuses that may be credited for using a specific payment method. The most popular payment methods in Canada are Interac casino deposit, VISA/MasterCard credit and debit cards, and PayPal.