Online Casinos in Delaware
Home to three land-based casinos and the same number of legal online gambling platforms, Delaware is a small yet extremely gambling-friendly U.S. state that allows all major forms of games of chance and skill with very few exceptions. The gambling life of Delaware is flowing around Delaware Park, Dover Downs, and Harrington Raceway – three brick-and-mortar casinos that also provide online gambling. All in all, whether you are willing to play at an online casino in Delaware or soak up some land-based gambling experience, the world is your oyster in Delaware.
And what’s even cooler is the fact that you are also free to access any international casinos registered in offshore zones: even though such venues are beyond the law – unregulated, that is – there are no laws forbidding or punishing gambling at offshore casinos. With that opportunity at hand, you might be interested in browsing through the best online casinos available in Delaware in 2020. If so, have a look at the top-notch Delaware online gambling offers just below!
Read on to learn more about gambling in Delaware.
Top Online Casinos in Delaware for 2022
Online Gambling in Delaware: Facts, Laws, and Help
The second smallest state of the U.S., Delaware has a pretty high average annual income per capita, about $65,000 (as of 2018), and thereby is fertile soil for brick-and-mortar gambling halls and their online counterparts. The territory of 1,954 square miles is home to three legalized land-based casinos – Delaware Park, Dover Downs, and Harrington Raceway – and at least the same number of online casinos run by the mentioned land-based venues.
Almost all forms of gambling are allowed in the state and even the small exceptions that do take place in no way ruin the overall picture of Delaware as one of the most gambling-friendly U.S. states along with Nevada, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
Laws Affecting Online Gambling in Delaware
The first state to legalize online gambling under the Delaware Gaming Competitiveness Act in 2012 and the only one (along with Nevada) that features both online gambling and sports betting, Delaware does have several insignificant restrictions. Dog racing and tribal gaming are forbidden in the state, but this is quite insignificant in the light of unregulated and obscured gambling laws prevailing in some other U.S. states. Even interactive fantasy sports – fantasy football, baseball, and soccer – were signed into law by Governor John Carney on July 26th, 2017.
Long story short, the answer to the popular question ‘is online gambling legal in Delaware’ is Yes. However, the local gambling field is subject to Delaware Internet Lottery Rules and Regulations and is evolving only within its three brick-and-mortar casinos – Delaware Park, Dover Downs, and Harrington Raceway – and their online gambling platforms. Other than those three, there are no legal online casinos in the state, nor there are Delaware online gambling laws that would punish players for accessing third-party websites.
Sports Betting in Delaware
Unlike a huge number of its less fortunate peers, Delaware was chosen to be among a few states allowed to host sports betting by the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASTPA) issued in 1992 to define the legal status of sports betting nationwide. That early privilege allowed local bettors to partake in parlay wagering, though the state lottery had been offering sports betting in the one and only form of three-team NFL parlays for more than a decade until the PASTPA was overruled by the Supreme Court in 2018 and sports betting expanded to more forms and types (the remarkable expansion was announced on June 5, 2018, when Governor John Carney himself place the first bet on sports).
As of now – and it’s unlikely to change in the near future – legal sports betting is offered only by the internet operators registered in Delaware. The same applies to horse race betting, which is allowed online and in licensed off-tracks. Also, Delaware bettors are allowed to place wagers on and out-of-state races and try their luck in Delaware lotteries run by Delaware Lottery (an organization overseeing the majority of gambling activities in the state) and represented by lotto games, instant-win games, keno, video lottery terminals (slots), and sports lotteries.
Interesting Facts about Online Gambling in Delaware
There were a few significant milestones that shaped gambling in Delaware as we know it today. The history began in 1993 when the Thoroughbred Racing Commission and the Harness Racing Commission were formed to regulate legal horse racing and betting within the state. About four years later, the state opened its first racetrack called Delaware Park (which is, by the way, alive and kicking even today).
In 1974, after a 37-year-long period of silence, the Delaware Lottery – the organization overseeing most gambling games in the state today – was formed to provide lottery services to local citizens and fill up the state coffers. And it was not until 2009 that the first casino games were legalized in three licensed premises – Delaware Park, Dover Downs, and Harrington Raceway – which remain to be the only legal gambling places until now.
Getting Help for Problem Gambling in Delaware
As being said, USA online gambling is regulated independently by the states. The same applies to problem gambling, which gets due attention in Delaware.
Delaware Lottery, which oversees the majority of gambling activities in the state, runs a webpage dedicated to problem gambling with contacts of several organizations helping problem gamblers:
- Delaware Gambling Helpline, (888) 850-8888 – online help and support meetings.
- Gamblers Anonymous, (213) 386-8789 – a fellowship of people sharing their experience with fighting gambling addiction and its long-term repercussions. It contains recovery programs, unity programs, meetings, and more helpful tools and materials.
- Gam-Anon, (718) 352-1671 – a 12-step self-help fellowship of people affected by the gambling problem, aimed at sharing experience and comforting problem gamblers, nurturing their spiritual growth and recovery.
- National Council on Problem Gambling, (800) 522-4700 – a national resource to help problem gamblers.
Land-Based Gambling Regulations in Delaware
One might think that three casinos are a very limited choice, however, considering the small territory of the state, that would likely be wrong. In fact, both offline and online gambling in Delaware is diverse enough to cover the needs of the audience.
Each of the three brick-and-mortar casinos employs more than 2,000 slots and hundreds of table games and has all bells and whistles to please demanding punters. And if you asked us about the number one casino, we would leave the choice to you: after all, they all are brilliant in their own unique ways.
Delaware Park & Casino
The 24-hour top-notch entertainment venue located at Delaware Park offers plenty of casino games, sports betting, and live seasonal thoroughbred racing, as well as a plethora of minor amenities for all types of gamblers. Whether you come here to entertain, relax, or earn money, you’ll get a chance to quench your thirst for it!
In addition to the whopping line of more than 2,300 slots – including such loud names as Sphinx 4D, Megahits Super Stacks ReSpin, James Bond, Monopoly Millionaire – Delaware Park & Casino runs Blackjack, Three Cards Poker, Roulette, Craps, Fortune Pai Gow poker, high card flush, Cajun Stud Progressive, Heads-up Hold’ Em, and a few less known yet no less exciting table games.
Sports betting opportunities are here as well: you can bet on all professional and college sports – baseball, basketball, auto racing, boxing, MMA, football, golf, soccer, and hockey –either using self-service terminals or with the help of friendly tellers. The ever-updating odds maximize your winnings potential.
And don’t forget about promotions and live shows! Not only regulars and newcomers can take advantage of various perks like free spins, high-roller discounts, etc. but also behold live concerts and regular events such as Latin Fiesta Sundays and Thursday Country Line Dancing. Live entertainment never ends here. No more than a sneak peek into the premises of Delaware Park & Casino needed to fall in love with this energizing place.
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino
The unique hotel, casino, and racetrack called Dover Downs Hotel & Casino offers more than 2,300 slot machines and as many as 41 table games, including baccarat, blackjack, craps, poker, and other games in different variations and with flexible betting limits. Sports betting and betting on horse races are available as well; moreover, signing up for a three-tiered Capital Club (Capital Gold, Capital Platinum, and Capital Elite memberships are available) grants any new member $100 in table game match play if he or she is wagering $500 or more.
The entertainment part at the Dover Downs Hotel & Casino is taken care of by Rolling Center, Michele’s Steakhouse Lounge, and Fire & Ice at Dover Down, all three locations hosting live shows. And of course, you can refresh and recharge in one of the comfortable deluxe room accommodations starting at $199 per night with the $25 Resort Card, $20 Free Slot Play, and $25 Toppers Spa/Salon Credit, as well as you can schedule your special event on the website of the casino. The all-embracing universe of gambling and fun awaits you at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino!
Harrington Raceway & Casino
Resting on the fairgrounds of the Delaware State Fair, Harrington Raceway & Casino is a big land-based gambling hub employing over 1,600 slots, 30 table games, a 100-seat poker room, and 50 big-screen TVs not to miss your favorite sports event.
- Slots. Supporting a comfortable bet range of $0.01 to $25, a plethora of slots by leading software developers – IGT, Aristocrat, Konami, and more – wrap you up in a fairy-tale that never ends. Whether you are to play one of the popular titles (Game of Thrones, Gold Fish, Diamond Jackpots, Playboy, Wizard of Oz, Wheel of Fortune) or explore your horizons with the new upcoming ones (Lock it Link, Monsters Return, Dancing Drums, Lord of the Rings), the time of your life is guaranteed!
- Table games. Popular table games include Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, and numerous derivatives of the mentioned. Among the upcoming novelties is Spanish 21 Bonus Spin.
- Poker. Home to Texas Hold’em, Seven Card Stud, Omaha High-Low, Round by Round Poker, and Bad Beat Jackpot, the 100-seat poker room operates you round-the-clock and invites the best poker players to participate in daily tournaments.
Last but not least, regular Live Races along with race analysis and various analytical tools are available on the casino website. Offline or online, Harrington Raceway & Casino is equipped with everything to make your pastime amazingly pleasant.
Top 3 Online Casinos for Delaware Players
In addition to authorized online gambling in Delaware, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of offshore online casinos accepting players from the state. Luckily, local laws do not prescribe any punishment for choosing international websites over domestic ones.
Below are three reputable casinos that you can play from Delaware (more Delaware online casinos are at the top of this webpage).
- 21Dukes. Established in 1991 by a small team of enthusiasts, this mobile-friendly online gambling venue hosts all imaginable slots and table games as well as runs a pleiad of perks. The acquaintance with 21Dukes starts with the 25 free spin no-deposit bonus, a generous reward for the very fact of signing up with the casino. And if you are willing to invest real money into the game, get ready to double down your initial balance by virtue of a luscious 200% first-deposit bonus. And these are only a tiny part of goodies available at 21 Dukes. Give it a try!
- Spinamba. Equipped with the state-of-the-art software by NetEnt, Novomatic, Play N Go, Betsoft, Evolution Gaming, and two dozen other renowned market leaders, Spinamba runs just as many slots and table games as you would expect to find at a top-notch mobile casino. The comfortable withdrawal limit of $2,000 per day and 40,000 monthly fit high-rollers, whereas 50 no-deposit free spins granted on Gonzo’s Quest and Dead or Alive 2 are too tempting to pass by. And why should you? After all, Spinamba is one of the best online casinos out there with a plentitude of deposit options for players from Delaware.
- Rich Palms. Whether your palms will be rich with money at the end of the gambling session is up to your luck and skill, but there are as well a few things granted: first of all, Curacao-licensed Rich Palms is a hot new casino that employs newfangled technologies and all the advanced slots and games, 202 in total; secondly, it grants a $40 no-deposit bonus with a bearable 50x playthrough; last but not least, it has already earned a good reputation among players and experts.
Delaware Casino FAQ
- 📌 Are Online Casinos in Delaware Safe to Play?
- Legalized online casinos in Delaware – that is, the online casinos run by Delaware Park & Casino, Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, and Harrington Raceway & Casino – are totally safe. As for offshore ones, most of them are safe as well; however, that is not guaranteed by default and depends on the casino itself (the list of safe Delaware online casinos is given in the upper part of the webpage).
- 📌 Who Regulates Online Gambling in Delaware?
- Online gambling in Delaware is regulated by a) Delaware Gaming Competitiveness Act b) Delaware Lottery, an overseeing body establishing the legal framework for most gambling games in the state. The answer to the popular question ‘can you gamble online in Delaware’ is a definite Yes.
- 📌 What is the Gambling Age in Delaware?
- The legal gambling age is 21 for casino gambling and 18 for horse racing (applies to online and offline gambling).
- 📌 Do I Need to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
- According to Delaware Lottery, any lottery winnings exceeding $600 and more than 300 times the wager should be reported, whereas winnings exceeding $5,000 are charged with the federal tax of 24%.
- 📌 What are the Recommended Payment Methods?
- There are no specific payment methods that could be recommended to players from Delaware other than that used in other U.S. states. The most popular payment methods in Delaware are Visa/MasterCard credit and debit cards, e-wallets like Neteller and Skrill, Interact, and cryptocurrencies.