Online Casinos in Hawaii
A warm tropical climate, diverse nature, splendid beaches, thrilling sights – all these and much more perks make Hawaii the most popular getaway destination in the U.S. Unfortunately, gambling doesn’t contribute to this – all forms of gambling are banned in Hawaii, and the only piece of good news is that online gambling is not banned explicitly.
Though you won’t find legit casinos in Hawaii, you still can freely access any offshore online casino in Hawaii, not being afraid of possible bans or punishment: what is not prohibited is allowed. At the same time, you should be very attentive when picking your online casino since you are not protected by the local laws and therefore cannot get help if mistreatment or fraud takes place.
The easiest way to select your online casino is to use our ready-made list of verified venues. All included online casinos are officially registered businesses licensed in at least one gambling-friendly jurisdiction. Each casino was tested by the Hex Casino team. And if you want to know more about the gambling field in Hawaii – that is, what you can and what you cannot do within Hawaii – read on.
Top Online Casinos in Hawaii for 2022
Online Gambling in Hawaii: Facts, Laws, and Help
The only island state and the only U.S. state located outside North America, Hawaii enjoys a steadily rising income per capita that exceeds the average value in the country. It would be only logical to assume that this popular destination for tourists – and scientists as well – extract a fair share of its revenues from gambling. Oddly enough, the situation is the contrary: Hawaii prohibits gambling altogether except for social gambling, and even social gambling is not permitted inside business establishments and in public places.
The good news is that online gambling websites are not explicitly banned, which is why locals can indulge in their favorite slots and games at offshore casinos. But still, there are nuances. Read on to learn how to play from Hawaii while remaining on the legal side of the fence.
Laws Affecting Online Gambling in Hawaii
Empowered to establish an interdependent gambling framework – just like any other U.S. state – Hawaii, however, hasn’t yet bothered to take advantage of this possibility whatsoever. Instead of trying to extract revenues from gambling, the Hawaiian government banned it altogether except for social gambling, which is unpopular among local punters and doesn’t generate revenue for the state.
At the same time, there are no Hawaii online gambling laws that would explicitly forbid online gambling on the territory of the state, which is why – addressing the popular question ‘is online gambling legal in Hawaii’ – we can only assume that Hawaiians can freely play at their favorite offshore casinos, though unprotected by the local laws. To alleviate the routine of picking a worthwhile online casino, we would recommend our ready-made list of top-notch Hawaiian online casinos, all time-tested and verified offshore gambling venues providing Hawaiian players with unrivaled gambling conditions.
Sports Betting in Hawaii
The situation with sports betting is the same as with the rest of gambling in Hawaii. Land-based sports betting – along with horse races, dog races, and daily fantasy sports betting – is banned whereas online sports betting is unregulated (that is, not explicitly forbidden by the local laws).
It’s worth noting that there were certain initiatives to legalize fantasy sports betting in Hawaii – and if any of those attempts had succeeded, that could have paved the way for other types of betting and gambling within the state – but all the bills were rejected by the local authorities. In the beginning of 2016, Doug Chin, the Attorney General of the state, confirmed that fantasy sports begging remains illegal in Hawaii.
As a result, the field stalled and local sports bettors were left with no choice but to deal with international sports bookies, many of which, by the way, are reputable, trustworthy, licensed businesses living up to the latest standards of the industry. Choosing one is not a problem anymore – just skim through our list of the best Hawaiian casinos and sportsbooks and pick the one that you would love to spend your time with.
Interesting Facts About Online Gambling in Hawaii
Let’s face it: Hawaii has always been intolerant to games of chance. In fact, the strict anti-gambling policy in Hawaii started right when the state was established, in 1959. All forms of gambling were proclaimed illegal except for social gambling, and since that time the state hasn’t done too much to try and legalize games of chance, remaining silent for many decades. In 2010, the first two bills on legalization of gambling were submitted to set up a gambling commissioner and thereby establish the legal gambling field, but both were rejected. The rejections repeated in 2012 and 2017/18.
Considering the negative experience of the past, there’s little hope that Hawaii online gambling – as well as its brick-and-mortar counterpart – will move anywhere in the nearest future. Not the forecast you would love to hear, but it is what it is.
Getting Help for Problem Gambling in Hawaii
Since gambling is forbidden within the state (even hopping on cruise gambling ships is forbidden from the territory of Hawaii), there are no local organizations for problem gamblers. The Hawaii Department of Health, Behavioral Health Services Administration – the organization responsible for mental health, drug, and alcohol abuse services in Hawaii – does not recognize gambling as a problem and therefore provides no measures to fight gambling addiction.
However, there are a few national resources that provide help to problem gamblers from Hawaii:
- National Problem Gambling Helpline, 1-800-522-4700, chat: ncpgambling.org/chat.
- Gamblers Anonymous, an experience-sharing fellowship fighting gambling addiction and gambling-related problems.
- Gam-Anon, a self-help organization for compulsive gamblers.
- GamTalk, an online peer support forum.
- The fact sheet on problem gambling in Hawaii.
The best help is, though, your conscious attitude when gambling in USA online casinos, and your awareness of the possible repercussions of excessive gambling.
Top 3 Online Casinos for Hawaii Players
When it comes to online gambling in Hawaii, the world is your oyster. In the unregulated gambling field, you are free to choose between dozens of classy online casinos accepting Hawaiians. To help you with that, we have reviewed three of the myriad of high-profile online casinos available at the top of this webpage. Each casino below is famous for its luxurious welcome bonuses and never-ending perks for newcomers and regulars.
- Golden Lion. Enjoying the highest level of customer satisfaction, Golden Lions Casino employs traditional and new casino games as well as the most popular banking options and never-ending daily-weekly-monthly bonuses. The bitcoin-compatible venue runs a series of welcome offers topped by the 300% welcome bonus, so you are all set to start off the right foot with Golden Lion. On top of that, there are slot tournaments for the players confident in their luck and gambling skills. You might join as well!
- Slots of Vegas. You don’t have to travel to Vegas to get a unique experience with the advanced slots and table games played in the high-profile gambling hubs: slots of Vegas deliver the best of what the gambling world offers right to the comfort of your home. As a new player, you can take advantage of the 250% welcome bonus to turn $100 into $350. As a regular, you can sign up for the VIP program to reap the long-term benefits. Myriads of poker variations, slots, jackpot games, and special games – all mobile-compatible – are calling for you! Demo modes included.
- Desert Nights. Over 160 exciting casino games, oceans of bonuses & perks, comfortable banking options – what else do an avid Hawaiian gambler needs to inspire? Deserts Night has it all, from classic to 3D slots, from video poker to jackpot games! The icing on the cake is the $10 no-deposit bonus with an achievable 50x playthrough requirement. You don’t need real money to win at Desert Nights! And if you dare to spend a few bucks, you can multiply your first deposit by 2.5 times, up to $2250 in bonus money. Don’t miss it!
Hawaii Casino FAQ
- 📌 Are Online Casinos in Hawaii Safe to Play?
- Yes, online casinos in Hawaii are safe to play. However, note that
- all online casinos available from Hawaii are offshore businesses registered in gambling-friendly jurisdictions;
- online gambling is not regulated in Hawaii (that is, not explicitly banned) whereas all forms of land-based gambling are forbidden.
- 📌 Who Regulates Online Gambling in Hawaii?
- Online gambling in Hawaii is not regulated, which means
- there’s no legislative body responsible for issuing provision and establishing the framework for online gamblers;
- you cannot be prosecuted for accessing offshore online casinos from Hawaii.
Therefore, the answer to the popular question ‘can you gamble online in Hawaii,’ would be Yes, though you are acting at your own risk in the unregulated field.
- 📌 What is the Gambling Age in Hawaii?
- 18 is the minimum age for social gambling in Hawaii.
- 📌 Do I Need to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
- Taxed cannot be charged on winnings in forbidden/unregulated activities.
- 📌 What are the Recommended Payment Methods?
- There are no specific payment methods that could be recommended to players from Hawaii other than that used in other U.S. states, except for maybe the recommendation to choose anonymous/private payment methods that would protect/safeguard you in the unregulated field of online gambling.
The most popular payment methods in Hawaii are Visa/MasterCard debit and credit cards, e-wallets (Neteller, Skrill), Interact, and cryptocurrencies (BTC).