Online Casinos in Idaho
Finding a legit online casino in Idaho is a no brainer, but only when it comes to accredited offshore venues: unfortunately, the local legislation doesn’t define to prohibit online gambling, depending on how you treat the existing laws.
For better or worse, the murky waters of online gambling could only be successfully conquered by sailors of international ships aka credible online casinos from offshore gambling-friendly jurisdictions. Luckily, no one has ever been banned or prosecuted for boarding such gambling ships in Idaho. And you can do it, too – just browse through the dozens of online gambling vessels anchored in our safe harbor and pick the one that would deliver you right to your gambling paradise island.
And if you want to experience the charm of land-based gambling in Idaho, you’ll be able to choose between 13 licensed casinos, most of which are controlled by Native American tribes. The fly in the ointment, though, is that you will only be allowed to indulge in charitable gambling, pari-mutuel wagering, state lottery, and a few forms of gambling that the Native American tribes are authorized to conduct within the state.
Online or offline, there are enough ways to satisfy your gambling hunger in Idaho. To help you with that, we’ve collected the best online casinos accepting players from Idaho. Don’t miss out on those opportunities and read on to learn more about the gambling laws in the state.
Top Online Casinos in Idaho for 2022
Online Gambling in Idaho: Facts, Laws, and Help
Known as the “Gem State” for its unique variety of gems, Idaho, however, can boast of neither high income per capita nor friendly attitude towards gambling. Speaking of the latter, the state has 13 licensed casinos in 11 cities, seven of which are owned and operated by four Native American tribes.
As for online gambling, there are neither casinos authorized in Idaho nor clearly defined laws, you are free to interpret the local legislation the way you see it. That said, not a single gambler has ever been banned or prosecuted for playing at offshore online casinos.
Laws Affecting Online Gambling in Idaho
As you know, the U.S. states were entitled to regulate gambling independently within their borders as well as on the interstate level (while complying with the provisions of the U.S. federal law), which formed a heterogeneous gambling landscape within the country. And while some states – Nevada, Delaware, Iowa, etc. – have been very successful in harnessing games of chance, others – Alaska, Hawaii, Georgia, etc. – prohibited most forms of gambling.
Idaho belongs neither to the first nor the second group. The state land-based gambling laws allow charitable gambling, pari-mutuel wagering, state lottery, and forbid sports betting, slot machines (at least in their common form), and table games.
As for online gambling in Idaho, the only line in the state law that could be treated as a reference to Idaho online gambling laws is the line in the amendment to the state constitution, which extends the definition of gambling to “any electronic or electromechanical imitation or simulation of any form of casino gambling.” However, the line dates 1992 and is too blurred to take it seriously. Therefore, we can only assume that the answer to the burning question ‘is online gambling legal in Idaho,’ would be Yes, though it’s crucial to select time-tested, reputable online casinos.
Sports Betting in Idaho
There is no better way to understand the status of sports betting in Idaho than to quote the state constitution: “Gambling is contrary to public policy and strictly prohibited except for a) state lottery, pari-mutuel betting, and charitable bingo and raffle games.”
Nevertheless, there are numerous offshore sportsbooks and casinos that you still can use to wager on your favorite teams and athletes. As being said, no actions against online gamblers have ever taken place in Idaho, so you should feel safe as long as you select a trustful online gambling platform, for example, one of those available at the top of the page.
Interesting Facts about Online Gambling in Idaho
The 14th largest and the 12th least populous U.S. state hasn’t yet taken any advantage of its freedom to regulate online gambling, either because of the listlessness of the local authorities or their unwillingness to share profits with the Native American tribes, which would have extracted the lion’s share of the revenues from newly allowed forms of online gambling.
Even land-based gambling is tightening with time. In 2015, Bill no. 1011 forbade horse racing via machines, which looked like Las Vegas-style slots, allowing bettors to place wagers on the horses or the track without any pre-identifiable information (which was, in fact, nothing but pure gambling).
The historical sentiments along with the absence of any motivation in the local authorities to develop the Idaho online gambling field make us assume that no changes will take place in the foreseeable future. However, with all that being said, you shouldn’t forget that there are dozens of risk-free credible online casinos and sportsbooks to take advantage of.
Getting Help for Problem Gambling in Idaho
Joining the nationwide initiative to fight problem gambling, Idaho runs the Utah-Idaho Council on Problem Gambling, an organization to assist, educate, and provide knowledge to problem gamblers and their families.
In addition, there are a number of national websites and organizations that help USA players to stay conscious in the USA online gambling field and be aware of the possible repercussions of excessive gambling:
- National Problem Gambling Helpline, 1-800-522-4700, chat: ncpgambling.org/chat.
- Gamblers Anonymous, an experience-sharing fellowship fighting gambling addiction and gambling-related problems.
- Gam-Anon, a self-help organization for compulsive gamblers.
- GamTalk, an online support forum.
- The fact sheet on problem gambling in Idaho.
Land-Based Gambling Regulations in Idaho
While online gambling in Idaho is still an infant, its land-based elder brother is already a full-fledged industry with 13 operating brick-and-mortar casinos, seven of which belong to four Native American tribes – the Shoshone-Bannock Tribe, the Nez Perce Tribe, the Kootenai Tribe, and the Coeur d’Alene Tribe.
It’s no surprise the best casinos are owned and operated by the tribes. These are (our opinion may differ from yours, though) Coeur d’Alene Casino, Shoshone-Bannock Casino Hotel, and Clearwater River Casino & Lodge.
Coeur d’Alene Casino
One of the oldest gambling halls in Idaho, two-tower Coeur d’Alene Casino was opened in 1993 and since then has gone through a series of major innovations that kept the place up to date and relevant to the ever-changing needs of gamblers. Nowadays the vast casino expanses – more than 100,000 square feet – are complemented by eight restaurants, spa salons, and the Circling Raven Golf Club.
The gambling floor includes more than 2,000 gaming machines representing video poker, slots, keno, and ShuffleMaster electronic tables. Among the latest titles are The Flintstones, Buffalo Diamond, Ghostbusters, Sky Dragons, and more than two dozen other state-of-the-art games. To get more insights on what’s going on in the casino, take a virtual tour or at least have a glance at the casino map.
Smoke-free zone, pool, nighthawk lounge, high mountain buffet, fitness center, and who knows how many other facilities and amenities await you at Coeur d’Alene Casino, the all-embracing gambling hub designed to provide you with the best gaming experience ever.
Shoshone-Bannock Casino Hotel
The whole story of Shoshone-Bannock Casino Hotel, a top-notch gambling place owned and run by the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes, is based on its three pillars – gambling, entertainment, and dining.
- Gambling. The unique atmosphere of the venue is created by more than 900 most popular video gaming machines – both prototypes of long-forgotten one-armed bandits and the most sophisticated developments with non-linear storylines – powered up with a plenitude of special features bonuses. In addition to slots, there are 8-station Video Craps tables and Virtual Blackjack, the games adored by millions. Penny player or high-roller, you will be impressed with what Shoshone-Bannock Casino Hotel offers.
- Entertainment. From unforgettable performances of world-known music bands to renowned comedians, the Chiefs Event Center features only the best shows. George Lopez, King of the Game, and Aaron Lewis are just a few big names among dozens of celebrities who showed up at Shoshone-Bannock Casino Hotel.
- Dining. Camas Sports Grill is at the guard of your breakfast, lunch, and dinner preferences. Mouth-watering dishes served here will make you a loyal visitor in no time.
Intrigued? Then check the event calendar not to miss out on the spectacular shows scheduled for the upcoming months.
Clearwater River Casino & Lodge
Clearwater River Casino & Lodge is a team of energetic and enthusiastic casino lovers who created one of the best land-based gambling venues in the region. The casino incorporates more than 600 games to every taste as well as comfortable accommodations including 50 non-smoking rooms, a saltwater pool & Jacuzzi, a full-service restaurant, and a vast event center for concerts, conferences, and indoor sports events.
Well, there’s something more at Clearwater River Casino & Lodge on top of all the mentioned bells and whistles: casino specials – a Concert Package and a Stay & Play Package, both provide significant discounts on the included services. Also, there’s a Cultural Walk area to tell you the legend of the Nez Perce, the indigenous people of North Central Idaho, and provide you with unique cultural takeaways available at the local gift shop.
All in all, Clearwater River Casino & Lodge is worth a shot no matter if you crave pure gambling experience or relaxation in the first place. Rich with events and never boring, this special place will make your getaway unforgettable and perhaps – may luck be with you – profitable.
Top 3 Online Casinos for Idaho Players
As you already know, online gambling in Idaho is limited to offshore gambling venues. However, considering the abundance of high-quality international online casinos, the word ‘limited’ is only formal. As a player from Idaho, you are free to pick among dozens of credible offshore platforms, including the ones below (for more Idaho online casinos, scroll the page up).
- Slotocash. What about taking advantage of a whopping $7777 welcome bonus + 300 free spins? Seems like this casino has discovered the passion of millions of players: bonuses. They are in bulk here. Loyalty points, cashback, daily promotions, promo codes – just pick your favorite perk and turn it into a few hundred extra bucks! As easy as pie, not to mention a rich collection of slots and table games, from old-school fruit machines to 3D titles. The casino accepts bitcoin, classic debit/credit cards, and e-wallets.
- Slots Capital. Quadrupling your deposit is not a pipe dream – at Slots Capital, you can deposit $25 and start gambling with as much as $100 in your account. In addition, you get access to hundreds of sophisticated slots and table games, including such hot titles as Popping Pinatas, Wrath of Medusa, Mystic Wolf, Smoking Gun, Johnny Jungle, and more. And even if you don’t want to spend money at all, just grab a modest yet absolutely free $7 no-deposit bonus and try to turn it into some real money.
- Fair Go. The tailor-made casino from Australia invites you on a thrilling exploration of the continent of pokies & bonuses. Is there any chance to decline a generous offer that grants you a 150% match bonus up to $1000 on an all-embracing range of exquisite slots and games? We don’t think so. And if you want more, then navigate to the promo page of the venue to discover at least a dozen other perks. It’s high time to treat yourself with something unique! Fair Go is a door into the world that you’ve never seen before.
Idaho Casino FAQ
- 📌 Are Online Casinos in Idaho Safe to Play?
- All Idaho online casinos represented on our website are safe to play, even though online gambling is not officially allowed in the state. All the represented casinos were handpicked by our team after rigorous checking.
- 📌 Who Regulates Online Gambling in Idaho?
- There are no laws that would explicitly allow or ban online gambling in Idaho, which is why it’s up to you how to treat the existing laws.
Answering the question ‘can you gamble online in Idaho,’ we can only assume that you are free to play at online casinos unless it’s explicitly forbidden by the law.
- 📌 What is the Gambling Age in Idaho?
- 18 is the minimum gambling age in Idaho (21 for the Clearwater Casino, which is the only exception in the state).
- 📌 Do I Need to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
- According to the law of the state, all your lottery winnings over $5,000 are charged with taxes automatically. The Federal tax rate is 24%; the state tax rate is 6%. You can use the Lottery Tax Calculator to calculate your taxes.
- 📌 What are the Recommended Payment Methods?
- There are no specific payment methods that could be recommended to players from Idaho other than that used in other U.S. states. The most popular payment methods in Idaho are Visa/MasterCard debit and credit cards, e-wallets (Neteller, Skrill), Interact, and cryptocurrencies (BTC).