Online Casinos in Kansas
The Sunflower State, as they call Kansas, might be a conservative one though it turns out to be rather liberal when it comes to gambling. Gambling fans from Kansas might not be able to play in the locally-licensed online casinos but they have 11 land-based venues, both Indian and state-owned, as well as some other gambling activities available.
If such a choice doesn’t seem to be enough for you or you are not a resident of one of 8 cities where brick-and-mortar casinos are located, you’ll be glad to know that finding an online casino in Kansas is not a big deal. Even though the state doesn’t issue licenses to online casinos, it doesn’t prevent locals from betting on foreign websites as well. As a result, you have multiple online casinos to choose from with the best of them being listed here on SlotsUp. So just scroll down, pick the one from the table, and see where the luck will guide you. Or take your time and read our guide to Kansas gambling to learn more about the local laws and casinos.
Top Online Casinos in Kansas for 2022
Online Gambling in Kansas: Facts, Laws, and Help
If wheat and basketball are the only things you know about Kansas, it’s high time to look through a broader lens and learn something about gambling in the state. In this part, you’ll find the basic legal information to know whether you’re infringing something when making bets in online casinos, some interesting facts about Kansas online and offline gambling, and a short but important note for players suffering from gambling addiction with tips and facilities to contact for help.
Laws Affecting Online Gambling in Kansas
According to the Kansas gambling laws, including State Lottery, Crimes Against the Public Morals, Tribal Gaming Oversight and other statutes, there are legal and illegal forms of gambling. Here’s what is allowed to do in the state in terms of making bets:
- state-owned lotteries and casinos;
- betting in lawfully operating tribal casinos;
- charitable and other non-profit bingo games.
As you can see, there is nothing said in those laws about online gambling but that’s only because Kansas online gambling laws are non-existent. Even the Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission responsible for overlooking and controlling all gambling-related things in the state wouldn’t give you a clear answer on is online gambling legal in Kansas or not. And while online gambling is not regulated, players can make use of it and freely make their bets in any online casino based overseas. Even though Kansas authorities are pretty strict when it comes to punishing those involved in illegal gambling, betting on international websites is definitely not in the list of gambling crimes here. So unless you are going to open your own online casino in Kansas, you are going to be fine.
Sports Betting in Kansas
If we are talking about sports betting in Kansas, this is exactly where Kansas stops being liberal-ish and shows its conservative side. Unlike many other American states, Kansas doesn’t even have operating horse or dog racing tracks. Until 2008, non-profit organizations could apply for a racing license but all of them have been revoked and now there are no pari-mutuel betting options, as well as the off-track ones. The situation is not completely desperate though as there are chances for sports betting in Kansas to be legalized in the future. All the field experts say that it can be a great source of money for the state and the corresponding bill has already been discussed by the authorities but no decisions have been made yet and it looks like sports betting will remain banned at least till the end of 2021.
We really hope that Kansas does the right thing and our readers will have more possibilities to bet on their favorite sports but as for now, there is no need to wait as most of the sports bets can be done online on the international gambling website. Not every online casino has a sports betting option but the ones that have will gladly accept the Kansan bets.
Interesting Facts About Online Gambling in Kansas
As you could have guessed already, the Kansas online gambling market is not really rich in interesting facts — we can’t tell you how many licenses have been issued by the Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission to online casinos or how many of them have been revoked due to offences just because nothing of this ever happened. But it doesn’t mean that there is nothing to say about gambling in Kansas, to be sincere. For instance:
- It might seem that horse and dog tracks are illegal in Kansas but it’s not actually the truth. The tracks got closed down because they couldn’t pay the enormous taxes (up to 40%) claimed by the government in 2008.
- There are quite a lot of tribal casinos in Kansas today but it took the tribes a lot of efforts to get them allowed as Kansas authorities were not exactly the pro-gambling type.
- The state-owned casinos only opened in 2007 when the Kansas Expanded Lottery Act was approved. Commercial casinos not owned by the Kansas Lottery are still not allowed in the state.
Getting Help for Problem Gambling in Kansas
The fact that the USA online gambling is mostly not regulated doesn’t mean by any chance that there are no people who love to gamble here. A huge part of the international online casinos’ audience comes from the US and, unfortunately, a small bit of those audience are people suffering from gamble addiction. As online gambling is not regulated in Kansas, there are no separate institutions that would help in this situation though there are general problem gambling facilities that any person can contact to get consultation. Here they are:
- Kansas Coalition on Problem Gambling. It’s the main local institution that deals with gambling-related disorders.
- National Problem Gambling Helpline. If for some reason Kansas facility doesn’t suit you or you’d prefer communicating online, please contact the NCPG via chat or phone.
- GamTalk. It’s a moderated forum where people struggling with gambling addiction can talk to each other and feel themselves a part of the community.
Land-Based Gambling Regulations in Kansas
Online gambling in Kansas is hands down more convenient than visiting land-based venues — you can play more games with better bonuses and don’t even need to drive anywhere. You can also go mobile and make bets anytime and from any place. But if you are a fan of brick-and-mortar gambling or a guest of the state and want to visit its prominent gambling locations, here are the casinos to consider.
Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
Formerly known as the Station Casino Kansas City, Ameristar casino is quite a large gambling facility opened in 1997 and then rebranded in 2000. There are almost 3000 slot and video poker machines waiting for you on 15000 square feet of gaming floor as well as 57 game tables and a separate poker room with 15 tables more. For high-rollers, there is an exquisite VIP section. Players who want to extend their betting night can book a room in the hotel located on the territory — besides regular rooms, there are also 36 mini suits and 12 king suites. No need to say about dining and entertainment — there are plenty of options for every taste and budget in the Ameristar Casino Hotel.
Downstream Casino Resort
If you visit the casino website, you’ll more likely be surprised by how outdated it is but don’t let it fool you — the casino itself is good enough to visit and make some bets. First of all, book a room in one of the towers: the Kappa or the Osotouy one. Make sure you do it in advance though as the place is quite busy, especially at the peak season. Then, try your luck at one of 15 poker tables that work 247. There are Limit and No Limit Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Seven Card Stud, and some mixed games. Check the schedule to learn the dates of the weekly tournaments and poker events. If poker is not really your thing, you can also enjoy roulette, craps, and some slot machines. The place also features a sports bar with live music shows and an open-air theater to listen to your favorite bands right under the stars. Don’t forget to grab a bite in one of 6 dining places or treat yourself with a massage in the Nee Spa.
Prairie Band Casino & Resort
The Prairie Band Casino and Resort is a 24/7 gambling venue with 35000 square feet of floor spaces where you can choose among 1000 slot machines, all kinds of table games including blackjack, craps, poker, baccarat and roulette, and a bingo hall. There are constant promotions held in the casino and the new players have a chance to win up to $500 by spinning the Rewards Wheel.
The resort is a great place to “get away without going far away” — there are 297 hotel rooms with reasonable pricing, 7 dining spots that include a steakhouse, a couple of bars, and a pizza place, and live music shows taking place regularly in a lobby bar. There is also a golf course to stretch your legs and breathe some fresh air after a long night in the casino. Golf fans can make use of one several “Play and Stay” packages to get the most favourable price for the favorite activities.
Top 3 Online Casinos for Kansas Players
Let’s be honest, we didn’t gather here to read about the land-based casinos. Online gambling in Kansas — that’s what we are interested in the most. While there are only around a dozen brick-and-mortar venues in the state, there are hundreds of online casinos ready to accept your bets. The choice might be difficult, especially if you don’t know where to look, so here is a short list of our favorite Kansas gambling websites. Check them out or scroll up to see the complete selection of online casinos available from Kansas if these three are not enough for you.
- Diamond Reels. Once you open the Diamond Reels casino website, you’ll be flooded by its lucrative promotions. There’s a $5000 welcome bonus redeemable on your first 3 deposits, extra 10% if you make a deposit using Bitcoin, and a $9 million progressive jackpot possible, if the luck is on your side. The loyal customers can become a part of the VIP program with special offers and bonuses and every player can contact the 24/7 customer support whatever issue happens. As for the games, Diamond Reels casino has everything you might need — from classic fruit machines to state-of-the-art video slots and table games.
- 24Vip. 24 Vip casino might not be as advanced as the previous one but it’s a good place to start if you are a beginner. New players can claim a $2500 welcome bonus or a 300% slots bonus if the deposit was made with Bitcoin. There are also special promotions redeemable on specific games such as 140% deposit match + 20 free spins on Diamond Dragon or 225% bonus + 25 spins on Cleopatra’s Coins. Once you are a VIP club member, you can also expect weekly and monthly cashbacks and personal assistance from the casino’s team (you’re still getting great customer support as a regular player too).
- 888Tiger. Quite similar perks are offered by this casino — the 250% welcome bonus which turns into 300% if you pay Bitcoin + some special slots bonuses. No chance to get bored in 888 Tiger with around a hundred slots and 80 table games that are all compatible with mobile devices in case you want to play on the go.
Kansas Casino FAQ
- 📌 Are Online Casinos in Kansas Safe to Play?
- If you are talking about the legal side of the question — yes, it’s completely safe as online gambling is not an illegal activity here and players are not prosecuted. If you are talking about the safety of the casinos themselves — it’s safe as long as you are making bets on the reliable websites only, like the ones listed on SlotsUp.
- 📌 Who Regulates Online Gambling in Kansas?
- There is no legal body that would tell can you gamble online in Kansas or not as online gambling is not regulated. Offline gambling is regulated by the Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission.
- 📌 What is the Gambling Age in Kansas?
- The minimum gambling age for bingo and lottery here is 18 while the minimum gambling age for casinos is 21.
- 📌 Do I Need to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
- Yes, the state will take 5% of your gambling winnings.
- 📌 What are the Recommended Payment Methods?
- For the maximum safety and convenience, we recommend using one of many e-wallets available in the casinos from our list of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. You can also opt for bank transfers or cards but not all the casinos would accept these payment methods.