Online Casinos in Louisiana
Louisiana is known for its multiple festivals, great Southern comfort food, and….gambling. While some might think of Louisiana as of a conservative state, it’s not that conservative when it comes to casinos. Almost all kinds of gambling are legal and regulated here so one can make horse race bets, play in tribal and commercial casinos, get on a riverside casino, or even play some slots at a grocery store. Things stop being as liberal when you try to find an online casino in Louisiana though as local authorities don’t seem to love online slots or live-dealer games.
But don’t get upset. There is no way we can let our readers miss a chance to play gambling games. On SlotsUp, you’ll find a selection of the best offshore online casinos that are ready to accept bets from Louisiana players despite all the local regulations. Every casino here has been checked by our experts so we can state with confidence that all the websites have valid licenses issued by reputable international institutions and will deliver the best possible level of services. So grab yourself some snacks, read our Louisiana gambling guide, and get ready for the amazing journey towards jackpots and bonuses.
Top Online Casinos in Louisiana for 2022
Online Gambling in Louisiana: Facts, Laws, and Help
We could simply made you a list of online casinos available for players from Louisiana but we believe it’s important to know the rules before you start making bets. For it to be more entertaining, we also spiced up our Louisiana gambling guide with some fun facts about local casinos. And for it to be more useful, we added the list of facilities that one can contact to get information and help with gambling addiction.
Laws Affecting Online Gambling in Louisiana
Whatever happens in Louisiana in terms of gambling is regulated by the Louisiana Gaming Control Board. And here is what the Board allows in the state:
- Charitable gambling;
- Tribal casinos;
- Commercial casinos;
- Pari-mutuel betting;
As you can see, pretty much everything is legal and regulated here so locals can satisfy whatever gambling needs they have. But not all the locals, as it turns out. Is online gambling legal in Louisiana? Basically, it’s not. Louisiana is one of a few states that explicitly show their negative attitude towards online gambling. But don’t get upset if you are a fan of online bets. Louisiana online gambling laws are totally not friendly to the casinos but nothing is really stated there about players — so as long as you are playing in one of the offshore online casinos, nothing bad can happen to you. To avoid any troubles, it’s important to make bets on reliable websites only as you’ll hardly be able to get help from the Louisiana authorities if something goes wrong. As always, SlotsUp is the best place to find such casinos as we are doing a great job picking the wheat from the chaff.
Sports Betting in Louisiana
Things are usually quite difficult in the United States when it comes to full-scale sports betting and Louisiana is not an exclusion. For a long time, sports betting has been completely banned here but it looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Recently, the new bill was approved that will make it easier for sports betting to be legalized in Louisiana. There will be a referendum taken for the locals to decide whether they want sports bets to be legal in their parishes and it looks like there could be a lot of people to be for the changes.
As for now, those who want to make sports bets in Louisiana can either take part in pari-mutuel betting on one of the horse race tracks or reach out to a plethora of offshore online casinos where bets from Louisiana are accepted. It might take some time for local sports betting options to appear and develop into something more or less decent and international websites can be a great alternative to waiting.
Interesting Facts About Online Gambling in Louisiana
The most interesting fact about Louisiana online gambling is that, unlike many other states, Louisiana prefers not to turn a blind eye to it and explicitly demonstrate its attitude — and there is a chance it happens mostly because of protectionisms than because of conservatism as international online casinos obviously has more to offer to the players than local land-based venues, even the best ones. But it’s not the only thing to know about the Louisiana gambling background though:
- A number of billiard halls and cabares were built in New Orleans by French Louisianans even before a church was built. And even after that, many people preferred visiting a gambling hall rather than a mass so gambling activities were announced illegal. For some time.
- The first Louisiana state lottery was created in 1866. It’s been ups and downs for it for many years but as we see, it still remains very much alive and kicking.
- Louisiana’s gambling revenue significantly dropped in the end of 2019 but the figures are still pretty impressive.
Getting Help for Problem Gambling in Louisiana
As the USA gambling market is more or less regulated, and so is the one of Louisiana in particular, there are ways to get help if gambling turns into problem gambling. Gambling addiction might be difficult to notice at the beginning but if you feel like you start to spend more time and/or money on bets than you can afford or someone you love seems to have gambling-related problems, here is whom you need to call:
- Louisiana Association on Compulsive Gaming. Here, you can find a helpline to call (there will be a professional counselor on the line) as well as some useful resources on problem gaming and the ways to treat it.
- National Problem Gambling Helpline. In case you want to take it to the national level.
- Gamblers Anonymous. You should have probably heard about the communities of people struggling with various addictions. Thanks to Gamblers Anonymous, you can find a meeting around you and talk to those dealing with the same problem.
Land-Based Gambling Regulations in Louisiana
While online gambling in Louisiana is somewhat out of law, brick-and-mortar casinos are totally legal and can be found in every part of the state. If you decide to visit some of them to make a break from online bets, here are some of our favorite land-based casinos in Louisiana.
Golden Nugget Lake Charles Hotel & Casino
On the official website, the casino is described as “vibrant, Vegas-style gaming on the Gulf” and it’s exactly what you should be expecting from the Golden Nugget Lake Charles Casino. Built in 2014, it’s a 242-acre casino located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Here, players can enjoy more than 1600 slot machines, 60 table games, a 6-table poker room, and a separate high-roller section. There are a dozen of dining options in Golden Nugget, including fancy restaurants, buffets, and bars.
When you are done with betting and eating, you can also visit a concert hall where regular shows are held, play golf on the 18-hole championship course, or just take a rest in one of 1100 comfortable hotel rooms. It’s the fifth Golden Nugget casino that joined the ones already opened in Las Vegas, Biloxi, New Jersey, Laughlin, and Atlantic City and the depth of experience clearly shows from every detail of the resort.
L’Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles
The combination of uptown luxury and down-home comfort — this is what L’Auberge casino offers to its visitors. In more details, it means you’ll get access to 1600 slot machines, more than 70 game tables, a 2,100 square foot poker room with the friendliest dealers, all located in a beautiful building together with comfy hotel rooms, luxurious shops, restaurants, and even a spa centre to relax and pamper yourself. Visitors bored by games can visit one of the regular shows, chill in the huge outdoor swimming pool, or play golf at the course listed as one of America’s 100 greatest golf courses.
Don’t forget to create your Mychoice account before visiting L’Auberge casino as the card will bring you special deals and promotions. Besides, there are plenty of other special offers waiting for you in the casino from free spins to huge jackpots and free cars.
Coushatta Casino Resort
Coushatta casino is the largest gaming floor in Southwest Louisiana. It’s known for the slot machines and has got numerous awards such as Best Variety of Slots, Best Slot Club, etc. There are thousands of machines, from simple minimum-bet ones to high-limit slots as well as progressive slots and 28 machines where you can win a new car or a Harley Davidson motorcycle. If you are not a fan of slots, there are plenty of other betting options: the Coushatta casino features all kinds of table games, a live poker room, live bingo, and off-track betting. The Advantage Card holders can expect special offers and promotions.
There are three lodging options on the territory of the resort including private chalets so not staying overnight is not even an option. As for the dining, there is literally anything one can think of, whether you want a cup of Starbucks coffee or some oysters and steaks. Just like in many other Louisiana casino resorts, Coushatta casino also offers a decent golf course in case you want to strike a business deal here or just to stretch legs after a poker round.
Top 3 Online Casinos for Louisiana Players
Luckily, the fact that online gambling in Louisiana is not completely legal for the casinos doesn’t prevent international websites from accepting bets from Louisiana players. Choosing the right one to make real money bets might be challenging as you need to consider a bunch of options at once for it to be the best and the safest. We’ll ease the task for you: here are the three of our favorite Louisiana online casinos where you can create your account and start betting right away — everything has already been checked by our team.
- Slots Empire. As you could have guessed from the name, this casino is all about slots — there are a lot of them of all kinds and themes. The game list also includes the basic set of table games (baccarat, blackjack, poker, roulette, keno). New players can expect a 220% welcome bonus with an extra 20% for Bitcoin and Neosurf deposits while the existing ones can make use of the Game of the Month and other promotions.
- Planet7 Casino. While most online casinos offer their players a one-time welcome bonus and some occasional promotions, the Planet7 Casino promises to give you 14 free spins every day — not a lot but every bit counts when you are on a journey towards a jackpot. As a welcome bonus, you are getting 200% of your first deposit + some free spins to spend on one of many classic and video slots available on Planet7. To add to the perks of this casino, there is 247 live chat customer support and fast payouts available via a variety of banking options.
- El Royale. El Royale might not be a household name (yet) but there is everything you might be looking for in an online casino: a lot of games (and the new ones are added regularly), a huge welcome bonus (240% + 40 free spins on the first deposit, 260% on the second deposit, and additional bonuses if you used Bitcoin to transfer the money), and high-quality gameplay compatible with mobile devices.
Louisiana Casino FAQ
- 📌 Are Online Casinos in Louisiana Safe to Play?
- Are online stores safe to buy things? It depends on the website you’d say and the same works for online casinos. Online casinos that accept bets from Louisiana players can be different so you’ll only be safe if you are playing on the websites with valid licenses and proven reliability — like the ones found in SlotsUp casino list.
- 📌 Who Regulates Online Gambling in Louisiana?
- All gambling activities in the state are regulated by the Louisiana Gambling Control Board. It’s the one to decide whether you can gamble online in Louisiana or not.
- 📌 What is the Gambling Age in Louisiana?
- The minimum gambling age in Louisiana is 21 for casinos and lotteries and 18 for charitable gaming and racing.
- 📌 Do I Need to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
- Yes, you’ll have to pay 6% of your winnings if you were lucky to get some in Louisiana casinos.
- 📌 What are the Recommended Payment Methods?
- When playing in online casinos from the SlotsUp list, you can choose among several payment options that will allow you make your gambling deposits fast and secure. These can be Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, e-wallets, bank transfers and debitcredit cards though the latter are not always accepted by international online casinos.