Online Casinos in Oregon
Whether you crave online gambling or genuine experience at brick-and-mortar casinos, chances are you won’t be disappointed with what Oregon has to offer. There are nine land-based casinos in the state, including the recommended ones (Chinook Winds Casino Resort, Seven Feathers Casino Resort, and Spirit Mountain Casino), where you can find all imaginable games of chance and skill. However, it might be problematic to get there, considering the region’s challenging geography.
As for online gambling options, there are plenty of those – dozens and hundreds of international online casinos are catering to players from Oregon – but all are operating in the unregulated space. For better or worse, there are no laws on online gambling in the state, which is why you are free to act at your own discretion. As for us – that is, the team of SlotsUp – we do believe that punters from Oregon are free to play wherever they want as long as no laws are stating otherwise.
Our tailor-made list of offshore casinos accepting players from the Beaver State will help you to pick the best online casino in Oregon and stay safe while gambling online. And if you want to become aware of all the ins and outs of gambling from Oregon, make sure to read this guide up to the end.
Top Online Casinos in Oregon for 2022
Online Gambling in Oregon: Facts, Laws, and Help
Home to many indigenous nations throughout its history, Oregon employs as many as nine brick-and-mortar casinos belonging to different Native American tribes. Though traveling to those venues might not be easy – considering the state’s geographical peculiarities – it will likely be worth it: you will get access to the whole range of games of skill and chance, including sports betting.
As for online gambling, the situation is ambiguous. On the one hand, there are no Oregon-based online casinos; on the other hand, there are no laws that would prohibit local players from accessing international casinos catering to punters from the Beaver State. So is it safe to gamble online from Oregon? Luckily, it is. Read on to know more about it.
Laws Affecting Online Gambling in Oregon
First of all, if you are willing to abide by the law – that is, act according to the existing legislation – you have two online gambling options in Oregon: the state lottery and pari-mutuel betting on horse races. Secondly, if you are okay with taking advantage of the existing loopholes in the local legislation – aka the absence of any Oregon online gambling laws and the reluctance of local authorities to streamline the online gambling industry – then you should know that, as a player, you are free to gamble at offshore online casinos.
Answering the popular question ‘is online gambling legal in Oregon,’ we can only state that there are no laws on the matter, and therefore, players from Oregon are free to act as they will. At the same time, the state laws prohibit unauthorized online operators to provide gambling services to players from Oregon (the prohibition, though, has nothing to do with you as a player).
The best international casinos catering to Oregon punters are available on this webpage, so you might be interested in saving your time by using our tailor-made list of the finest Oregon online gambling hubs 2021.
Sports Betting in Oregon
The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, which prohibited sports betting in the U.S. for years, was lifted by a 7-2 vote on May 14, 2018, which in turn enabled all the states to come up with their own sports betting regulations. The state legalized sports betting on August 27, 2019, and it instantly appeared at Chinook Winds Casino Resort, the first casino to offer retail wagering on collegiate and professional sports. Oregon became the 12th state to legalize and regulate sports betting. Oregon Lottery is also updating its application to be compatible with sports betting services, but it’s not ready at the time of writing.
Other than state-based sports betting in brick-and-mortar casinos, there are many online sportsbooks catering to Oregon bettors. They are all offshore, but that doesn’t make them unsafe or unreliable. First of all, there is no explicit ban on betting with international sportsbooks; secondly, the vast choice of global sportsbooks makes it possible to pick the best option the world can offer.
Interesting Facts About Online Gambling in Oregon
Following the example of the other U.S. states, Oregon started its gambling history by introducing greyhound racing in 1933, which were later displaced by horse races and off-track betting. The first poker clubs appeared in 1973, and the first tribal casinos started to emerge after the Indian Regulatory Gaming Act was put into force in 1988 to enable federally recognized tribes to negotiate compacts with the state to allow the construction and operation of tribal gambling facilities.
At the time of writing, Oregon’s land-based gambling field is represented exclusively by nine tribal casinos belonging to different Native American tribes (the only tribe owning more than one casino is the Confederated Tribes of Coos, Lower Umpqua, and Siuslaw Indians of Oregon). You can find all the spectrum of games in tribal casinos, and the only nuance is that slots are technically video lottery terminals, though the gameplay is the same.
As for Oregon online gambling, on paper, it doesn’t even exist; in reality, dozens of high-quality international casinos accept players from Oregon.
Getting Help for Problem Gambling in Oregon
As much as one percent of the Oregon Lottery revenues goes to a Gambling Treatment Fund to deal with problem gambling. The body responsible for administering the fund is the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), which partners with several organizations, the main of which is the Oregon Council on Problem Gambling, a non-profit affiliate to the National Council on Problem Gambling.
The fact sheet on problem gambling in Oregon is available by the link. Also, there are nationwide resources that you can reach for help:
- National Problem Gambling Helpline, 1-800-522-4700, chat: ncpgambling.org/chat.
- Gamblers Anonymous, an experience-sharing fellowship fighting gambling addiction and gambling-related problems.
- Gam-Anon, a self-help organization for compulsive gamblers.
- GamTalk, an online support forum.
The best help is, however, your consciousness when playing at the USA online casinos, and awareness of the possible unfavorable consequences of excessive gambling.
Land-Based Gambling Regulations in Oregon
While online gambling in Oregon might raise questions, the land-based options are loud and clear. There are as many as nine brick-and-mortar casinos where you can challenge your luck, but of course, you will have to choose between those. Which one to prioritize? It’s up to your gambling preferences and taste, but we would recommend Chinook Winds Casino Resort, Seven Feathers Casino Resort, and Spirit Mountain Casino in the first place.
Chinook Winds Casino Resort
Operated by the Confederated Tribes of Siletz and located in Lincoln City, Chinook Winds Casino Resort covers 157,000 square feet. It employs a 227-room hotel with 81 suites, two restaurants, a golf course, and other amenities. Gaming-wise, it provides slots, table games, keno, bingo, poker, and sports wagering.
- Slots. More than 1,100 reel and video slots, video poker, and multi-game machines with bets from one cent to one hundred dollars are scattered across the all-encompassing casino floor. High-limit slot enthusiasts can enjoy the big game at the high-limit lounge.
- Table games. Roulette, craps, poker, and blackjack with the minimum bet of $5 are available at numerous tables for everyone 21 or older. Full beverage services and non-smoking tables included.
- Sportsbook. Professional and college football, basketball, hockey, soccer, PGA, NASCAR, WNBA, Olympics, Boxing – choose your favorite sports and place your wager, watching the event on one of the flat-screen TVs.
Sign up for the casino’s My Rewards program to get access to bonuses, rewards, and premium features.
Seven Feathers Casino Resort
One of the oldest casino complexes in Oregon, Seven Feathers Casino Resort opened in 1992 and was renovated a few times – in 1999, 2003, and 2009 – to accommodate the full range of amenities you would expect to see at a classy casino.
The venue belongs to the Cow Creek Band of Umpqua Tribe of Indians and covers 232,500 square feet with the gambling space of 68,000 square feet employing over 950 slots and dozens of gaming tables. There are 298 rooms in the casino hotel.
- Slots. Whether it’s old-school fruit slots or advanced video machines that you are craving, you will find your beloved game in no time. The recent updates include The Big Bang Theory, The Chocolate Factory, Charlie, and Wheel of Fortune. Progressive titles are available as well.
- Table games. Baccarat, blackjack, craps, roulette, and poker variations await you at the thrill-generating gaming tables. Evaluate the odds and place your lucky bet!
- Bingo. Holiday-themed and seasonal events at the bingo hall won’t let you get bored. Get your bingo daubers ready!
- Keno. $50,000 jackpots brought by your lucky number combinations are what make Keno so exciting. Pick your favorite Keno location and let the game absorb you.
Get a head start in your gambling journey at the casino by exploring its range of promo offers.
Spirit Mountain Casino
The state’s main tourist attraction, Spirit Mountain Casino, is a top-notch gambling destination in Grand Ronde with 90,000 square feet of gambling floor, live entertainment & event sites, five restaurants, and 254 hotel rooms, including 14 suites. Over 2000 slots and dozens of gaming tables host blackjack, poker, craps, roulette, keno, and variations of those games.
- Slots. No matter the skill level, no matter the style, no matter the budget – you are all set to enjoy your favorite slot, be it a classic 3-reel machine or something more advanced. The titles are neatly arranged in alphabetical order on the casino website so you can navigate there and find out whether your favorite slot is available.
- Table games. As long as you have as much as $5 in your pocket, you are qualified to play table games at Spirit Mountain Casino. Be it poker, blackjack, craps, or any other game, you’ll be sharing company with the friendliest dealers you’ve ever met.
Last but not least, you can always step up your game with temping promotions at Spirit Mountain Casino.
Top 3 Online Casinos for Oregon Players
As you already know, there’s no other way to indulge in online gambling in Oregon than to play on offshore websites. But that might be for the better: after all, the greater the competition, the better the services that players get.
To select the casino that would meet your expectations, browse through our list of top Oregon casinos 2020 or just pick one of the three venues below (those are our favorite).
- Lucky Red. Regardless of whether red is your lucky color, you have all the chance to win big at Lucky Red, a casino abundant with bonuses & perks. First of all, sign up for the venue and take advantage of the 400% match welcome offer (deposits BTC get 75 free spins on top of the bonus). As you grab the welcome treat, try and get one of the daily special offers that support you throughout the week.
- CasinoMax. What about getting $9,000 in free bets on your first three deposits? That’s just as much as you can get by signing up for CasinoMax, a bitcoin-compatible casino with an exciting range of slots and table games. The venue is all about perks & treats, so you will never be left without something special. Whether it’s a 100% monthly slot bonus, 75% QBDirect bonus, 60% bonus on ‘other games,’ or any other luscious treat, the main point is that you always can get something unique.
- Roaring 21. If $9,000 is not enough for you, you can go for more! Roaring 21 grants up to $10,000 for free to new players depositing $35 or more in dollars and $10 or more in crypto. The venue runs as many as eight promotions and promises to add more banking alternatives to already supported bitcoin, MasterCard, and Visa.
Oregon Casino FAQ
- 📌 Are Online Casinos in Oregon Safe to Play?
- Since online gambling is not regulated in Oregon, it’s even more important to pick a decent casino. We would recommend you to use our tailor-made list of the best – which means the safest as well – casinos for players from Oregon.
- 📌 Who Regulates Online Gambling in Oregon?
- Online gambling in Oregon is not regulated. Tribal gambling is regulated by the Oregon Alliance, a union of federally recognized Native American tribes that own and operate casinos in Oregon.
Answering the popular question ‘can you gamble online in Oregon,’ we can only state that there are no laws on the matter, and therefore, players from Oregon are free to act as they will.
- 📌 What is the Gambling Age in Oregon?
- 18 is the minimum gambling age, though tribal casinos are entitled to establish the minimum gambling age independently, which is why it might be different from 18 (usually 18 or 21, though).
- 📌 Do I Need to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
- The Oregon Lottery withholds an 8% state tax on all winnings exceeding $1,500. All non-lottery winnings exceeding $5,000 are also charged with the 24% federal tax.
- 📌 What are the Recommended Payment Methods?
- There are no specific payment methods that could be recommended to players from Oregon other than those used in other U.S. states. The most popular payment methods in Oregon are Visa/MasterCard debit and credit cards, e-wallets (Neteller, Skrill), Interact, and cryptocurrencies (BTC).