Online casinos in Pennsylvania
Today, online casinos in Pennsylvania not only perform successfully but are also actively expanding. In January 2020, three more companies added to the list of local licensed online operators. Since the state is one of the most profitable places to try your luck in gambling, choosing a reliable site can seem overwhelmingly complicated. If you still doubt which of the websites will fully meet your expectations, you have come to the right place.
Below, we’ll focus on the essential legislation issues and a full analysis of the online casino in Pennsylvania market. We hope this will be helpful for all our Pennsylvania visitors looking for a reliable online casino.
Top online casinos in Pennsylvania for 2022
Online gambling in Pennsylvania: Facts, Laws, and Help
For many years, PA has been at the forefront of the USA’s casino market. Even though CA, WA, and OK were ready to offer a significantly larger number of gaming establishments, Pennsylvania brought much more tax dollars to the state budget. Since 2017, the PA has been actively growing the internet gaming market and striving to maintain leadership positions. Anyway, one may ask, is online gambling legal in Pennsylvania? The only answer that comes to mind is yes!
The PA’s historic moment was when the Governor approved the law on gambling and thereby made internet gambling sites legal and licensed. Moreover, the law mentioned above allowed gambling on PCs at airport terminals and VLTs in truck parking stops.
Laws affecting online gambling in Pennsylvania
Today, PA leads the way in growing online games among other states. The central agency overseeing and monitoring gambling houses is the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB). The full administration of gambling establishments became possible since a series of decided bills and acts governing casinos’ operation appeared.
It concerns the set of Pennsylvania online gambling laws:
- H.B. 271. The bill was decided back in 2017 with the active support of Mike Turzai. Despite the disagreement of some members, GOP leaders generally supported the law. As stated in this regulation, betting on sports and entertainment in the internet casinos are legal for both players and operators. It also involves charity Bingo games, traditional gambling, state lottery, slot machines, etc.
- 18§5513 and 4§325.101 Code Sections. These explanations define gambling, which should consist of 3 mandatory components. In other words, gambling must necessarily include such vital features as consideration, element of chance, and reward.
Sports betting in Pennsylvania
Making steps towards the licensing of the sports betting market, the PGCB called maximum attention to this issue in 2018. The largest ground-based gambling operators have decided to run online betting services. After the authorities developed a legislative framework for licensing this type of business, the operators could offer their services starting in 2019. Currently, the activities of eight licensed and legal online bookmakers are officially authorized.
Meanwhile, not all types of bets are considered legal. State laws expressly prohibit such kinds of bets as:
- Betting pools.
- Boards for lottery games.
- Drawing cards.
According to the Federal Wire Act adopted in 1961, the state’s law prohibits sending Private Wires to organize bets. Nevertheless, the bill decided in 2017 officially allows internet casino operations and, in particular, makes online poker completely legal.
Sporting bets are permitted at PA’s airports for passengers who have a valid ticket. In other words, the user can make internet bets on PCs located in bars, restaurants, and airports.
Interesting facts about online gambling in Pennsylvania
If you consider the casinos’ business in Pennsylvania from a historical point of view, you can learn many interesting facts about the development of gambling in this state.
Take a look at some of the most interesting facts about Pennsylvania online gambling:
- Today, Pennsylvania is one of the newcomers that are actively providing casino services. Believe it or not, the PA gambling board was created back in 2004. Today, the state has more than ten casinos and racinos (a gaming establishment that combines the capabilities of a racetrack and a traditional casino).
- Since the gambling board was officially authorized in 2004, the local authorities decided to provide permits to 14 gambling sites that were running gambling services. Nevertheless, the bulk of the games that internet operators demonstrate today was authorized only in 2010 straight after endorsement by the PGCB.
- Wondering what was the first gambling market approved in PA? Funny enough, it was horse racing in 1959!
- Live greyhound racing bets are prohibited by law in the state.
- Casinos operating in the state were able to cut a record for more than $3 billion.
Getting help for problem gambling in Pennsylvania
In addition to problems with illegal casinos, the most crucial issue in regulating the market is problem gaming. This issue applies to all types of gambling, which can cause family, financial or legal problems. At first glance, problems with gambling can look relatively harmless. However, over time, they tend to become more severe and adversely affect a person’s psychological state.
To support people in difficult times, this topic remains under the Department of Drug and Alcohol control. Having developed several special programs, this state body has made the issue of responsible play a priority. It is actively helping a large number of people annually. You can find out more about current excessive gambling programs on the official website https://www.ddap.pa.gov.
Thanks to the law on the expansion of the casino market, adopted in 2017, the state legalized online casinos. As a result, operators who offer their services are required to make a financial contribution to a special fund for gambling addiction treatment.
In the USA online gambling is one of the forms of entertainment. It should not become a source or an opportunity for a steady income. Therefore, players who are somehow connected to betting must initially understand all the possible risks: know the permissible limits in advance and the budget that can be spent on this type of entertainment.
Land-based gambling regulations in Pennsylvania
Today, the land has become home to 12 authorized casinos, actively promoting markets such as gaming machines, traditional games with cards, and gaming tables, racing, and many more. The active development of online gambling in Pennsylvania appeared to be a real success story as the state is the next largest gambling market in the USA after Vegas. Nevertheless, the palm of victory remains in the hands of Las Vegas.
This gambling establishment was launched in 2019 and is the biggest gambling complex in the state. Parx Casino and Racing is a top-popular place for racing bets. The gambling brand is located 20 minutes north of Philly, occupying 260,000 square feet allocated for the organization of gambling. The house operates around the clock and demonstrates a vast number of races live.
The casino offers:
- Over 3330 of the most popular slot machines.
- About 180 board games.
- Over 60 poker tables.
The scale of this gaming operator is genuinely marvelous. If you are somewhere nearby, be sure to visit this area, and you definitely won’t be disappointed.
Mount Airy Casino Resort
The brand was launched on October 22, 2007. In case you are a beginner, the gambling establishment will become a fantastic place for every newcomer to get unique gaming experience. The great atmosphere allows the operator to place 1800+ slot machines, about 70 board games, and welcomes visitors in a separate poker room with nine tables.
Another critical factor that influenced the popularity of the gaming casino is its location. Due to the proximity to popular ski areas, the gaming establishment is attracting an increasing number of visitors. The casino also has several popular cafes that are known for their culinary delights. Beautifully decorated rooms and a wide variety of gambling create a unique atmosphere of this vibrant entertainment center.
Mohegan Sun Pocono
This online casino is considered one of the oldest gaming establishments since its launch on July 15, 1965. More than 90 board games and 2300+ gambling machines serve an incredible number of visitors daily. One of the main advantages of this company is the collection of the most popular slots that have received international recognition.
It is worth mentioning as a separate point a superbly designed poker room consisting of more than 18 tables. The casino also actively holds poker tournaments annually. It is a great place where people of different ages can afford to relax and unwind. Though, for someone, it may seem a little bit pricey.
Top 3 Online Casinos for Pennsylvania Players
According to official statistics, the state ranks second in the country in terms of total gambling revenue and a creditable seventh place in annual lottery ticket sales. Residents and guests of Pennsylvania are actively involved in placing bets on games of chance. This applies not only to ground-based casinos that attract hundreds of thousands of visitors but also to online websites that can sometimes offer a much wider variety of slot machines.
If you are looking for a comfortable place to make a few bets and pass a little time, then be sure to check the online gambling in Pennsylvania list below.
Uptown Aces is an RTG casino, founded in 2012. The main areas that the operator is actively developing in are board games, slot machines, video poker, as well as other common types of gambling with a progressive jackpot. Due to a well-optimized site, users can instantly access the full collection of games by launching one of the browsers. Currently, the operator offers each newcomer unique bonuses for making a deposit:
- After making the first deposit of $2500, a player can count on 50 free spins.
- After making a second deposit for $1,500 + 50 free spins.
- 3rd deposit should be $1000, and this will bring the player + 50 free spins.
- By making the fourth deposit, the gambler needs to transfer $1000, and after this, the casino will reward the user with a prize of 50 free spins.
- 5th deposit of $1000 + 50 free spins.
- 6th deposit of $1000 + 50 free spins.
Cherry jackpot began operations in 2017 and is a direct partner of the well-known Casino Max. The brand operates based on a license obtained in Curacao. Thus, the company can offer its services in the international arena, including the United States. The gaming establishment uses special RTG software for daily activities. The main advantages of this operator are the fast payment deadlines and the gaming site’s intuitive operation.
The operator offers each newcomer a stunning bonus in the amount of 200% of the first deposit. This promotion will be available to every beginner for the first ten deposits. Please note that the casino does not work with all jurisdictions due to licensing restrictions.
Diamond Reels is one of the most popular online casinos in the USA. Thanks to a progressive approach to the business, this gaming establishment has gained wide popularity, especially among the younger generation. For example, after completing a quick registration, you can use a payment service such as Bitcoin to recharge an account and start placing bets.
The casino’s gaming portfolio consists of a large number of slot machines made in such formats as three, five, or six reels. Please note that after completing registration, you can also count on a special welcome package. The bonus offer applies to the first three deposits and is as follows:
- 1st deposit $2500 + 250%.
- 2nd deposit $1000 + 200%.
- 3rd deposit 1,500 + 300%.
Pennsylvania Casino FAQ
- 📌 Are online casinos in Pennsylvania safe to play?
- If you plan to play in a licensed casino, then it is entirely safe. This state regulates the operational activities of online casinos and the timely payment of winnings. In any case, you can always check the list of licensed gambling houses on the website of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- 📌 Who regulates online gambling in Pennsylvania?
- Since 2004, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board has been one of the central bodies that monitors online casinos and issues licenses to gaming establishments. That’s why the whole ‘can you gamble online in Pennsylvania?’ issue is entirely safe and covered by the PGCB.
- 📌 What is the gambling age in Pennsylvania?
- If this applies to land-based casinos or poker rooms, the visitor must be at least 21 years old. This becomes obvious since land-based casinos sell alcohol. However, if you want to place online bets on Bingo, a lottery, or horse racing, you must turn 18 years old or more.
- 📌 Do I need to pay taxes on winnings?
- Gambling income is subject to taxation. In this case, it involves tax not only for the gambling house but also for players. If you provide a social security number, then the casino withholds 25% of the winnings. If you do not provide data on the social security number, then you will have to pay 28% of the amount won.
- 📌 What are the recommended payment methods?
- The most common ways to deposit funds to an online casino account in Pennsylvania are:
- Prepaid cards.
- Credit cards.
- Bank transfer.
- Checks, and so on.
Keep in mind that it’s better to choose the payment service based on your own preferences. Anyway, before passing registration on a gambling site, be sure to check whether an operator offers the right tool for transactions.