Online Casinos in Rhode Island
On the one hand, you won’t find any legal online casino in Rhode Island to play. On the other hand, there are absolutely no limits to online gambling from the Ocean State since Rhode Island has neither laws nor the body that would regulate the matter. You can play at dozens, if not hundreds, of credible offshore casinos catering to punters from Rhode Island, and rest assured knowing you won’t get punished for that.
At the same time, considering you are not protected by law when dealing with offshore venues, it’s utterly important to pick a worthwhile casino. Below this intro, you can find a list of verified casinos reachable from Rhode Island – just skim through the collection and select the online casino in Rhode Island you’ll be willing to spend your time and money in. And if you crave live gambling experience in land-based casinos, consider traveling to Twin River Casino or Twin River Tiverton Casino & Hotel, the two casinos operating in the state.
Read on to learn more about the intricacies of gambling in Rhode Island.
Top Online Casinos in Rhode Island for 2022
Online Gambling in Rhode Island: Facts, Laws, and Help
You might not even notice Rhode Island on the map, but, as a gambler, you will love it for its pro-gambling policy. The smallest and the most densely populated U.S. state, Rhode Island is a paradise for both land-based and online gamblers.
There are two land-based casinos in the territory of the state and hundreds of online options. Yes, even though online gambling is unregulated (except for the state lottery and mobile sports betting), no laws prohibit local players from gambling at offshore casinos.
Laws Affecting Online Gambling in Rhode Island
As being said, there are neither Rhode Island online gambling laws nor the official body to regulate online gambling in the state. Therefore, answering the question ‘is online gambling legal in Rhode Island,’ we can only say that you are free to play at international casinos from Rhode Island’s territory as long as there are no local laws explicitly forbidding it. Feel free to play in the casinos represented on our website; they are all verified and safe.
First online casinos may soon appear in the Ocean State. The main prerequisite for that is the fact that the legalization of online gambling may become a matter of a referendum, just like in 2012 and 2016. And if online gambling was permitted in Rhode Island, it would probably be catered by its two land-based casinos – Twin River Casino and Twin River Tiverton Casino & Hotel.
Meanwhile, the world is your oyster. You can either indulge in legalized online gambling options, which are Rhode Island lottery, mobile sports betting, and social casino games, or try and play at one of the top-notch offshore casinos gathered on our website.
Sports Betting in Rhode Island
The new page in the history of sports betting in the U.S. was opened in May 2018, when the U.S. Supreme Court lifted the nationwide ban on sports betting, entitling the states with the right to establish independent sports betting laws within their borders. The legalization of sports betting in Rhode Island happened on June 22, 2018, when the respective bill was signed into law by Governor Gina Raimondo.
Sports betting options are available in both state casinos: Twin River Casino provides a full-fledged sportsbook, whereas Twin River Tiverton Casino & Hotel has a betting kiosk. As for mobile wagering, it’s also available at Twin River Casino after the preliminary in-person sign-up.
It’s worth mentioning that the gaming operator & software developer IGT has much to do with sports betting in the state. Not only does it provide the necessary technical expertise and streamlines online betting, but it also collects as much as 32% of revenues of the two local casinos, leaving them only 17% of their profits (the state collects 51%).
Also, there are lots of offshore sportsbooks that you can place your wagers with. The associated risks are minimal to non-existent, so feel free to navigate up the page and explore our tailor-made list of Rhode Island international casinos and bookies.
Interesting Facts About Online Gambling in Rhode Island
Since the legalization of pari-mutuel betting in 1934 and until the 1970s, the two-state racetracks – Lincoln Downs and Narragansett Park – were the only sources of entertainment for local gamblers. The abolishment of horse racing was succeeded by the introduction of the state lottery, which continues offering pull-tab games and bingo along with a bunch of other options until today. Video lottery terminals were enabled in 1992 as a response to the Connecticut-based Foxwoods Resort Casino, which was driving a fair share of clientele away. In 2012, table games appeared in both state-based casinos.
As for Rhode Island online gambling, even though there are certain prerequisites for the long-overdue breakthrough, it’s hard to foresee whether it will be streamlined in the next few years. However, offshore casinos catering to the residents of Rhode Island easily cover the needs of the state gambling family.
Getting Help for Problem Gambling in Rhode Island
The Rhode Island Lottery is responsible for dealing with problem gambling through the contracts with at least two organizations (CODAC Behavioral Healthcare and the United Way), which use the funds raised from Twin River Casino and Twin River Tiverton Casino & Hotel. Also, there’s the Rhode Island Council on Problem Gambling (RICPG), the level of activity of which depends on financing.
The fact sheet on problem gambling in Rhode Island is available by the link. The nationwide resources that you can reach for help are:
- National Problem Gambling Helpline, 1-800-522-4700, chat: ncpgambling.org/chat.
- Gamblers Anonymous, an experience-sharing fellowship fighting gambling addiction and gambling-related problems.
- Gam-Anon, a self-help organization for compulsive gamblers.
- GamTalk, an online support forum.
The best help is, though, your consciousness when playing on the US gambling sites, and awareness of the possible unfavorable consequences of excessive gambling.
Land-Based Gambling Regulations in Rhode Island
While most forms of online gambling in Rhode Island are not officially recognized, there are two brick-and-mortar venues where you can indulge in your favorite gambling games in a completely legal way. These are Twin River Casino and Twin River Tiverton Casino & Hotel, both operated by Twin River Worldwide Holdings and overseen by the Rhode Island Lottery.
Which casino to choose in the first place? This must depend on your gambling preferences and location: Twin River Casino is in Lincoln; Twin River Tiverton Casino & Hotel is in Tiverton.
Twin River Casino Hotel
Twin River Casino Hotel is a giant gambling complex formerly known as Lincoln Park. The oldest and the largest entertainment space in the state covers as many as 162,000 feet of gambling floor with about 4,200 slots, 144 gaming tables (roulette, craps, blackjack), a dedicated poker room, and betting facilities (sports betting, greyhound, and thoroughbred racing). Mobile sports betting has been supported in the venue since July 1, 2019.
- Slots. From one cent to 25 dollars, bet as much as you want at more than four thousand slots including simple pokies and advanced video machines. Jackpots of up to $2.6 million are waiting for you at progressive slots.
- Table games. Whether this is a poker room with 23 tables or a specific mode of blackjack that brought you to the gaming floor, you’ll be delighted to play with friendly, experienced dealers.
- Sportsbook. Now that the online sportsbook is launched, you can bet on soccer, MMA, football, and other professional and collegiate sports from the comfort of your home. Just launch the sportsbook and pick one or a few potentially profitable bets.
Last but not least, keep in touch with the casino promo page not to miss out on the sweetest offers.
Tiverton Casino Hotel
The small rural town of Tiverton might have never been noticed by the general public if it hadn’t been for the construction of the Tiverton Casino Hotel in it. The casino breathed life into the farming town and made it a wanted gambling destination for gamblers from all over Rhode Island.
Following the best practice of the Twin River Casino Hotel, the venue constantly updates its range of slots and table games. As of now, The gambling space of 33,600 square feet encompasses about 1,000 video slots, 32 live table games, and 18 hybrid stadium seats.
The hottest titles include Wheel of Fortune Cash Link, Dragon Link, Fortune Gong, Wheel of Fortune 4D, and more with a flexible range of denominators, from a single cent up to 25 dollars. The potential prizes exceed $30,000. Table games – Blackjack, Craps, Three Card Poker, Baccarat, Roulette, Let It Ride, Pai Gow Poker, and Spanish 21 – are also here. And don’t forget about the Sportsbook and the Racebook, the two best opportunities to monetize your sports knowledge.
Top 3 Online Casinos for Rhode Island Players
As you already know, the online gambling field in Rhode Island consists of nothing but offshore casinos. But that even for the better! You have access to dozens and hundreds of classy options, which comprise all imaginable games of chance and skill.
Below are three examples of a casino that would suit players from Rhode Island. The full list of similar venues is at the top of the webpage.
- Uptown Pokies. If you’re willing to get a boost at slots, Uptown Pokies may be the best choice. The tacky design of the casino is compensated by the impeccable range of slots, from classic to progressive, and generous promotional offers. Uptown Pokies runs a series of match bonuses (250% welcome bonus up to $2,500, 150% match bonus on the second deposit, 100% match bonuses on the third through fifth deposits, 150% match bonus on the sixth deposit) along with random game bonuses, low playthrough bonuses, and loyalty bonuses. Sign up and pick your treat!
- 24VIP. From fruit to video slots, from 3-reel machines to advanced 3D games, 24VIP Casino unites hundreds of refined slot titles as well as plenty of table and video poker games. The veterans of the industry treat you with the best offers ever: 250% slots bonus plus 100% cashback, 300% slots bonus for BTC deposits, 225% slots bonus plus 25 free spins on Cleopatra’s Coins, 140% slots bonus plus 20 free spins on Diamond Dragon, and more. Anonymous banking options such as bitcoin must be comfortable for players from Rhode Island.
- 888Tiger. Whether that is exquisite slot titles, live dealer games, or table games that make you tick, you’ll find your passion at this classy casino. What’s even better, you can get a leg up in gambling at 888Tiger with the help of its numerous promotions: 250% welcome slots bonus plus 100% cashback, 300% welcome slots bonus for deposits in bitcoin, 225% special slots bonus plus 25 free spins on Fruit Splash, and 88 free spins on Catsino. You can deposit & withdraw using BTC, Neteller, and Skrill.
Rhode Island Casino FAQ
- 📌 Are Online Casinos in Rhode Island Safe to Play?
- Online gambling is not regulated in Rhode Island, so it’s two times more important to pick a decent casino. By using our tailor-made list of the best casinos from Rhode Island, you are automatically safeguarding yourself against fraud and manipulations that might take place at unreliable casinos.
- 📌 Who Regulates Online Gambling in Rhode Island?
- There are neither Rhode Island online gambling laws nor the official body to regulate online gambling in the state. Therefore, answering the question ‘can you gamble online in Rhode Island,’ we can only say that you are free to play at international casinos from the territory of Rhode Island as long as there are no local laws explicitly forbidding it.
- 📌 What is the Gambling Age in Rhode Island?
- 18 is the minimum gambling age in Rhode Island.
- 📌 Do I Need to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
- Winnings from Rhode Island Lottery are taxable under the provisions of the state personal income tax. You can use the tax calculator.
- 📌 What are the Recommended Payment Methods?
- There are no specific payment methods that could be recommended to players from Rhode Island other than those used in other U.S. states. The most popular payment methods in Rhode Island are Visa/MasterCard debit and credit cards, e-wallets (Neteller, Skrill), Interact, and cryptocurrencies (BTC).