Online Casinos in Vermont
Maple syrup, beautiful sights, virgin nature, free gambling market… one expression is out of place in this description of Vermont, and it’s not that hard at all to guess which one.
Small and picturesque Vermont seems to be still wrapped up in its traditional values repulsing gambling altogether. There’s no game that you can play legally from the Green Mountain State except for a state-run lottery and a tri-state lottery… unless you are willing to benefit from the loopholes in the state’s gambling laws, which do exist.
Vermont Statutes unequivocally define non-profit and fraternal organizations as the only ones allowed to operate games of chance. Surprisingly enough, the same statutes enable domestic gamblers to access international online casinos. How come? Only gambling Gods know, but the fact is that thousands of gamblers from Vermont take advantage of that loophole, and so can you.
So if you are looking for a reputable and generous online casino in Vermont, look no further: you’ve just landed in the right place. Just below this intro, you can find
- Comprehensive list of offshore casinos that you can reach from Vermont.
- Insights on safe and profitable gambling from the Green Mountain State.
Top Online Casinos in Vermont for 2022
Online Gambling in Vermont: Facts, Laws, and Help
One of the smallest and the 2nd-least-populated U.S. state, Vermont is the only state that does not border the Atlantic Ocean and one of the few states with murky regulations on online gambling. A superficial examination of the local legislation tells us there’s no chance to gamble in/from Vermont without breaking the law. Still, a deeper analysis brings certain loopholes to the surface – such as, for example, an absence of a prohibition on gambling on international websites – the ones that you can take advantage of to get your hands on your favorite games of chance.
Laws Affecting Online Gambling in Vermont
However, if you don’t want to risk at all, there are only two options for you: the state-run lottery and the tri-state lottery that includes Mega Millions, Megabucks, Powerball and is run by Vermont along with New Hampshire and Maine. These games have been legal for decades, and they meet the main principle of the Vermont gambling laws aimed to
- Ensure that only non-profit and fraternal organizations operate games of chance.
- Redirect proceeds from the games to support educational, charitable, civic, or religious undertakings.
But if you can live with the fact that, whether you like it or not, you have to circumvent the law to reach your favorite game online, then the scope of games broadens a lot for you. We are talking about offshore casinos in the first place. Dozens of international websites accept players from Vermont, and – to the delight of the latter – there are no prohibitive rules on that. You are free to access offshore casinos, and the only glitch you might encounter is problems with deposits and withdrawals since that is when it runs afoul of the state laws.
Answering the popular question, ‘is online gambling legal in Vermont,’ we can say that Vermont online gambling laws only prohibit depositing and withdrawing from offshore casinos, which is why you are recommended to choose non-traceable banking methods, such as cryptocurrencies and vouchers.
Sports Betting in Vermont
There are no brick-and-mortar sportsbooks in Vermont, so the only chance to wager on your favorite team or athlete is to reach one of the reputable international sportsbooks catering to the residents of the Green Mountain State.
The same principles which apply to online gambling apply to online sports betting as well. According to Title 13 and Title 31 of Vermont Statutes, the residents of the state cannot send and withdraw funds from offshore casinos and sportsbooks. But again, neither Title 13 nor Title 31 nor any other state law forbids you to place wagers with international sportsbooks. Whether the risk is worth it is up to you to decide, but the fact is that thousands of betting from Vermont have been taking advantage of the opportunity for a long time, and no one has ever been prosecuted for playing online (it must be said, though, that the penalties for illegal gambling include fines and even imprisonment up to a few months).
Interesting Facts about Online Gambling in Vermont
Today’s lack of gambling options in Vermont hasn’t always been typical for the state – there was a short period in the history of Vermont, from 1963 to 1967, when standardbred and thoroughbred horse racing was in full force in Green Mountain Race Track in Pownal. Later it was replaced with greyhound racing – up to 1992, when the track was closed once and for all.
Unlike Vermont online gambling, which does take place at offshore casinos, offline gambling in the state is out of the question. The only option to lay chips on the table at a land-based venue is to travel to nearby New York (the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort, a tribal casino, is the closest one to Burlington), Connecticut, New Jersey, or even to Montreal. Even the lottery terminal and the terminals for lottery-like games were removed from Vermont bars in 2016.
Getting Help for Problem Gambling in Vermont
The Vermont Lottery Commission deals with problem gambling through the contract with the Center for Addiction Recognition Treatment Education & Recovery (CARTER). The latter trains counselors to offer addiction and mental health services in Vermont. Also, CARTER runs a round-the-clock helpline and increases problem gambling public awareness through its website.
Besides, there are nationwide resources that you can reach for help:
- National Problem Gambling Helpline, 1-800-522-4700, chat: ncpgambling.org/chat.
- Gamblers Anonymous, an experience-sharing fellowship fighting gambling addiction and gambling-related problems.
- Gam-Anon, a self-help organization for compulsive gamblers.
- GamTalk, an online support forum.
The best help is, though, your consciousness when playing at USA online casinos, as well as your awareness of the possible unfavorable consequences of excessive gambling.
Top 3 Online Casinos for Vermont Players
The way to online gambling in Vermont is thorny – not only do you have to learn all the ins and outs of the local laws to feel safe, but also you have to pick a worthwhile casino to trust with your time and money. The latter, though, is not a problem if you use our ready-made list of top-notch Vermont offshore casinos. Here are a few examples from it:
- Cherry Gold. As they put it themselves at the casino website, do not underestimate the cupid – he’s capable of making your rich with a special HANGOVER promo code granting up to 270% slots match along with 70 free spins on Diamond Fiesta! But not only that – the casino also runs the ‘Promotion of the Month’ bonus and the so-called ‘Special Offer’ perk. What are the rewards behind the latter two? Sign up for Cherry Gold to find out! Last but not least, don’t forget that BTC is accepted as a deposit option.
- Golden Lion. Over 130 traditional casino games at Golden Lion provide you with the best odds in the market. Classic and progressive games, simple and advanced slots – you will find it all at this generous venue. Speaking of generosity, Golden Lion offers a lucrative 250% welcome bonus up to $2,500, as well as a series of special offers activated with promo-codes and topped with a no-deposit bonus that can be redeemed once per account. Bitcoin, Neteller, Skrill, Paysafecard – choose your favorite banking method and play it safe at Golden Lion!
- Eclipse. The mind-boggling 300% welcome treat might eclipse your mind and thoughts at the eponymous Eclipse casino. But please try to pull yourself together, as this is only the beginning! In addition to a wide range of single-reel, 3-reel, and advanced slots, as well as all popular table games and video poker, the casino offers you weekly, monthly, and special bonuses up to 305%. Depositing to Eclipse is never a problem since the casino accepts BTC and Paysafecard.
Vermont Casino FAQ
- 📌 Are Online Casinos in Vermont Safe to Play?
- Online gambling is officially prohibited in Vermont, but all offshore online casinos represented on our website are safe. We only pick the top-notch casinos to include in our ratings.
- 📌 Who Regulates Online Gambling in Vermont?
- Online gambling in the state is regulated by Vermont Statutes. The only legal form of online gambling is Vermont Lottery, overseen by the Vermont Lottery Commission.
Addressing the popular question, ‘can you gamble online in Vermont,’ we can say that the state’s online gambling laws only prohibit depositing and withdrawing from offshore casinos, whereas gambling online at offshore casinos is not prohibited.
- 📌 What is the Gambling Age in Vermont?
- 18 is the minimum gambling age for the Vermont Lottery.
- 📌 Do I Need to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
- All lottery winnings exceeding $5,000 are charged with a Federal Income Tax of at least 24% and a Vermont State Income Tax of at least 6%.
- 📌 What are the Recommended Payment Methods?
- It would be wise to choose anonymous/private payment methods that would protect & safeguard you against possible penalties. The recommended payment methods are scratch cards (Paysafecard, Neteller) and cryptocurrencies (bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, bitcoin cash, and any other crypto).