Spain Casinos Online
What comes to mind when you think about Spain? Sun, wine, bullfights…Besides all these amazing things, Spain is famous for its loyal gambling laws that make casino games such as real money slot games or online poker one of the most popular hobbies among Spanish citizens. If you want to join them and visit some Spain casino sites, you’ll need to learn more about online gambling in Spain. On this page, you will find the list of the best online casinos for Spain players personally chosen and approved by our team as well as all the necessary information about how to legally play in a Spanish online casino. We made our own guide on how to find the best online casino in Spain and are glad to share it with our readers. So if you are going to play in an online casino in Spain for real money, make sure you know how to choose the right one or just pick the online casino Spain from our list.
Best Online Casino accepting players from Spain
Online Casino Sites in Spain
Did you come here while looking for the best Spain casinos online? Then you found the right place. Our team (together with the special algorithm) spends a lot of time picking the most reliable Spanish casinos online so that our readers can play online casino Spain safely and legally. Before adding a Spanish casino online to the list, we pay attention to several factors that are determinant when choosing the top-rated gambling sites. Among them, we can name the following:
- Licensing. This is the first and the most important thing you should look at when choosing the Spain accepted online casinos. All the operating casinos should be licensed by the corresponding institutions and the licensing information should be clearly stated on the Spain casino online website. Check the Terms & Conditions section and the website footer. See nothing? Then better find another place to play Spanish free slots or make the real money bets.
- Games. Even if you like playing not-so-mainstream online casino games in Spain created by the small companies, check whether the chosen EUR online casino has the products made by the industry leaders. Working as a seal of approval, gambling games by Microgaming, Rival or IGT show that the online casino in Spain is worth making a bet and will not give you an unpleasant surprise — these companies never provide their products to suspicious internet casinos in Spain and carefully check licensing information and the game fairness.
- Customer support. Whether you are playing in the top Spanish online casinos or on the smaller gambling websites, you may have questions concerning the payment process, the betting options, the game rules and whatever else. This is why all Spain online casinos from our list have a friendly and responsive customer support ready to solve any issues. Just ask your question via mobile phone or an online chat that can be found in the new Spain online casinos and get the answer in a moment. It’s a nice thing to have when you are an experienced player and the irreplaceable one if you are just starting your way and playing Spain casino games online for the first time.
- Casino Bonuses. Playing online slots in Spain is fun and entertaining but let’s admit that the main goal is always to win the money. To attract new players and increase the potential winnings, Spain friendly online casinos offer the special bonuses usually available for the new users. When you create an account in one of the top 10 Spain online casinos from the list and make your first deposit, you’ll get the welcome bonus that will double the money you bet. Some of the top rated online casinos in Spain often give out the free spins and the small but pleasant no-deposit bonuses to the new and regular customers.
- Languages and currencies. While we are waiting for the one universal language to be invented, it’s nice to have the casino that speaks your own language and lets you make bets in your home currency. When choosing the best Spanish casino online for our list, we pay special attention to the language and currency options available. The top 10 online casinos in Spain are available in English, Spanish, French, and other languages and accept both euros and other currencies.
- Banking. Even the best paying online casino in Spain doesn’t matter if it doesn’t have the convenient way to make the deposit and withdraw the winnings. That’s why, before choosing the Spain best online casino and creating an account, check its banking options. Most of the casinos accept credit and debit cards, PayPal, Skrill, bank transfers, and prepaid cards and will let you make the deposit in any convenient currency.
The best online casino for Spaniards have all these features together with the nice user interface and a wide choice of games. Among such casinos, the most popular are the Bet365, the SpinPalace, the 888 casino, and many other reliable gambling sites. So if you are looking for the best casino online in Spain, safely pick the one from the list and make your bets — these casinos are approved by the experienced team and millions of players. In the casinos list, you will find all kinds of the real money casinos including the regular ones, the mobile casinos and even the live casinos with the dealers streaming the gambling process in the real-time mode.
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in Spain
When it comes to Spanish online gambling laws, players often have a lot of questions. Here is the list of the most popular ones so that you can save your time and read all the information about the online gambling industry of Spain in one place.
Is online gambling allowed in Spain?
Yes! Unlike some other European countries with strict regulations, online gambling laws in Spain is much more merciful and allows all kinds of gambling within the whole country territory. This doesn’t mean the country doesn’t care about gambling and lets players do whatever they want. Even though online gambling in Spain is legal, it is regulated by the country’s government.
Which online gambling Spain legislation regulates online casino games?
The main regulating body in Spain is General Directorate for Gambling Regulation and the main online gambling law in Spain is called Spanish Gambling Act which was adopted in 2011. Each online casino operating on the territory of the country should obtain the online gambling license of Spain given by the government. When it comes to online gambling authority in Spain, there are two different options. When the gambling site only operates in one region, it can be regulated by the local regional authorities. When the gambling activities are provided in two or more regions, they are regulated by the State that takes responsibility for ensuring the legitimate online casinos for Spain players.
What is online gambling age in Spain?
As in most parts of the world, you need to be at least 18 years old to play in the online casino for real money in Spain. What’s more, underaged persons are not allowed to enter the brick-and-mortar Spanish online casinos even when accompanied by adults. This is the only point in the Spain online gambling laws that seems pretty strict but at the same time shows that the country cares about the safe online gambling in Spain and wants to prevent the gambling addiction among minors.
What is the country policy concerning poker, sports betting, and lotteries?
All kinds of online gambling in online casino Spain are legal, including the sports betting, online and offline poker, and lotteries. Most of the best online gambling sites in Spain provide all of these activities to Spanish players together with all kinds of games of skill and games of chance. The Spaniards are often considered to be gambling fans as they have the access to the reputable online casinos in Spain and spend a lot of time making their bets.
As you can see, gambling online in Spain is legal and safe, especially if you are playing in the legal online casinos Spain has on the market. To find the safe online casino in Spain (whether you need the EUR casino or want to use another currency), just pick the one from this page and enjoy playing in the top-rated Spanish online gambling venue!
History of Gambling in Spain
There is no specific information about when the first casinos appeared in Spain, but we can say that the Spanish gambling market has been regulated by the Spanish government for the last centuries with only the simple lottery games being allowed for a long time. However, in 1977 the games of skill were firstly legalized in the country to open the way for many more gambling activities to come next. 4 years later, the list of legally allowed casino games was extended by the games of chance — since then you can play your favorite slots in the brick-and-mortar and online casinos accepting Spain players.
As for the online gambling, Spanish government started working on its regulation processes in far 2002 but it was not until 2011 when the first Spanish Gambling Act was approved. This document clearly states all the rights and duties of Spain-based online casinos and the international top online casinos for Spanish players as well as the taxing details and other gambling-related rules. Today, all the Spain approved online casinos pay about 25% of their gross gaming revenue in taxes which brings quite a lot of money to the state treasury and thus positively contributes to the Spanish economy.
The most popular gambling markets in Spain today are sports betting and online poker. According to the latest statistics, about half of all the internet casino players make the sports bets on football and 4 out of 10 gamblers prefer playing offline and online poker in the best online casinos for Spaniards. Besides sports betting and video poker, the games of chance like the real money slots are also popular in the country. The EUR casinos are full of Spanish players enjoying their favorite games and providing a model for the European countries with the strict gambling rules.
Predictions About the Future of Online Gambling in Spain
Spain is one of a few European countries where all kinds of gambling activities are legal, including land-based and Spain online casino sites. This loyal policy works good for the country’s economy and, according to the statistics, the share of the gambling profits is going to grow even more. In the first quarter of 2017, the gambling market got a raise in revenue by 20% when compared with the same period in 2016.
At the same time, many online casino operators complain that the taxes are too high and only 20% of all the best online casinos for Spanish players are profitable. It’s hard to predict now but there is a chance that the government will come to terms and cut down the taxes for top 10 Spanish online casinos and we will see some new online casinos for Spain players and even more lucrative casino offers in the near future.
Fortunately, the Spanish gambling taxation policy doesn’t affect players too much and you can still enjoy any kind of games in the safe and reliable Spain online casinos 2016. To play video poker or mobile slots in Spain, just pick the casino from our list, create the account, get your welcome bonus and make the bet. Don’t forget to read our Spain online casino reviews where we look at each online casino EUR in details. To try the games for fun before you make the bet in the real money casino, please check our list of the free online casino games available in just a couple of clicks.