Switzerland Casinos Online
Owning a reputation of one of the most developed countries in the world, Switzerland, however, faces difficulties when it comes to the web gambling regulations. More recently it managed to cope with the land-based gambling entities, but the fate of Swiss online casino still remains uncertain. 2017 turned out to be a landmark in the development of the online casino Switzerland, as it has gained a chance to be acknowledged on a state level and local operators were given a possibility to be licensed for one more gambling option.
Despite all the positive innovations, not all the locals are satisfied with such a decision. Why? Read our article, which elucidates the current state and future of the online gambling Switzerland. You will learn about the history of gambling, take a look at the best online casino sites for Switzerland players and ponder over the upcoming referendum on Money Gaming Act, adopted in 2017.
What is the most pleasing, SlotsUp team has made a brilliant list of the Switzerland casino sites, located abroad and welcoming Swiss players. It’s an exclusive opportunity to choose your favorite online casino Switzerland real money to gamble.
So let’s plunge into a world of Swiss gambling history, legislation and, of course, the best online casino Switzerland residents can easily enjoy!
Best Online Casino accepting players from Switzerland
Online Casino Sites in Switzerland
Switzerland is a sweet home to the gambling lovers. Despite the fact that it has been outlawed in the country until 1993 when a limited number of land-based gambling entities gained a right to operate, now the casino activities are licensed and officially regulated by the government. As for Swiss casino online, it is not officially defined by the legislation, however technically banned. In 2017, having realized that it was easier to regulate online casino in Switzerland and to tax it rather than to ban it and persecute the breakers, the Government made an attempt to legalize Internet gambling limiting it, however, to exclusively local operators. More information about the laws and regulations of Switzerland accepted online casinos is kindly provided by SlotsUp in this article below.
Forbidden but not officially regulated, overseas gambling sites keep flourishing, inviting more and more Swiss players to try their luck and to win a decent sum of money. However, taking into account a fact that Swiss casinos online are not officially regulated by the local authorities, it is advisable to choose only those websites, owning a proper license and a transparent payment policy.
Since there is a huge array of the top rated online casinos Switzerland players are kindly invited, SlotsUp have chosen only the best websites, each of which holds a status of CHF online casino, is mobile friendly casino site, and features the games of one of the leading software operators – Microgaming:
All these Switzerland friendly online casinos have a brilliant reputation and a wonderful game set. What more can they boast of? Let’s check.
- Licensing. In spite of the fact that there is no official licensing of the internet casinos in Switzerland, SlotsUp team have provided you with the gambling websites owning a valid world-recognized license. It can guarantee safe play, trusted payment operations and fair gambling rules. Each best casino online Switzerland residents are mostly welcomed to, elucidates the information about its license on its landing page (usually on a footer) for everyone to check it before registration.
- Game collection. When it comes to Switzerland casino games online, offered by the overseas operators, their array should be decent enough to confirm their status of “the best”. Selecting from our list of top 10 online casinos Switzerland players will have a possibility to enjoy the top-notch slots, exciting table games and the unbelievable variety of poker, roulette and a blackjack. The option of Swiss free slots is also ensured for newbies to practice their skills before a real-money game or just for everybody to play for fun.
- User-friendly interface. To be the best online casino for Swiss gamblers it is not enough just to have a nice collection of the breathtaking online casino games Switzerland residents are allowed to enjoy. Top Swiss online casinos feature comfortable interface with all the instructions and rules properly and logically listed. The website logistics is perfect and you can easily move from one section to another.
- Another important criterion in the selection of Switzerland best online casino is a language support. If the player has a choice what language to use to gamble, it is a great advantage over the other websites of the same type. In case with Switzerland, this factor is of particular importance since the state has 4 official languages: French, Italian, German and Romansh.
- Customer Support. If you are a newbie, it may be difficult for you to understand the gaming algorithm. Each of the best Switzerland casinos online offers 24/7 customer support service to render the full range of services starting with the help with the registration procedure and ending with payment operations – everything to make a gambler, using Switzerland casino online, feel comfortable and safe.
- Banking methods. Even if all Switzerland online casinos are technically forbidden, there are a lot of overseas gambling websites, supporting CHF operations via credit and debit cards, e-wallets, PayPal, etc, which makes each of them the best paying online casino Switzerland residents can enter. The top 10 Switzerland online casinos, located abroad and included in our list, feature a plethora of different payment methods for you to safely make deposits and withdrawals.
Taking into account the number of criteria we focused on when choosing the best Swiss gambling websites, we can say with certainty that SlotsUp is a reputable platform to select and to play online casino Switzerland residents are warmly invited to. You can even practice your skills playing free online slots Switzerland gamblers love so much, right on our website. After that, you can be sure in your powers while choosing the best Swiss casino online for real money play. Our list is regularly updated with the new Switzerland online casinos, so you definitely won’t get bored!
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in Switzerland
Any kind of gambling was officially banned in the state until 1921. This ban stayed in power util 1993, when the land-based casinos were granted a right to obtain licenses. At the moment there are 21 brick-and-mortar gambling entities operating on the territory of the state. But what situation with the online gambling industry Switzerland currently faces? Let’s take a closer look.
Is online gambling allowed in Switzerland?
Switzerland issues the licenses only for brick-and mortar casinos, as Switzerland online gambling is completely prohibited in the country. So you won’t find legal online casinos Switzerland authorities approve. But, due to the absence of the proper Swiss online gambling laws, local gamblers keep playing at the websites of the overseas safe online casino Switzerland residents are invited with the open arms, as currently, it doesn’t result in the punishments. Moreover, the local banks do not have any problems processing the CHF casino payment operations.
What regulatory body controls gambling in Switzerland?
The Swiss Federal Council is the only authorized body, responsible for issuing of gambling licenses and determining their validity period.
What is the main gambling law regulating gambling in Switzerland?
Until the Money Gaming Act comes into power, there is no definite online gambling law in Switzerland, identifying the fate of the Internet casino. The existing restrictions target mostly the operators, not the individual players. So nobody can prevent you from using the foreign online casino real money Switzerland gamblers are welcomed to.
However, to ensure safe online gambling Switzerland residents should be careful and choose only the reputable online casinos Switzerland players are allowed to access, as any local laws and regulations won’t be able to provide them with a legal recourse from inside the country. The list of the best online gambling sites Switzerland residents can enjoy is provided by SlotsUp to save your time.
What is legal gambling age in Switzerland?
The notion of the online gambling age Switzerland doesn’t identify until the proper law comes into effect. To gamble in the land-based casinos Swiss players should be at least 18.
What is the current state of gambling in Switzerland?
Following the lead of the most developed countries in terms of legalization of the online gambling Switzerland legislation bodies are looking for the ways to regulate gambling online Switzerland residents are so much fond of. Thus, lifting the bans on the online gambling Switzerland legal authorities passed a so-called Money Gaming Act.
Issued on September 29, 2017, it actually united all the previously adopted corresponding acts in one and legalized gambling online Switzerland residents love so much. However, according to the newly-represented legislation, adopted by the online gambling authority Switzerland identifies only the casinos of A and B categories as such which can apply for the additional online gambling license Switzerland legal bodies are to issue. It means that only local gambling entities will be able to operate as legitimate online casinos Switzerland players will be allowed to enjoy. The legalization of Swiss online casinos may lead to the blocking of overseas gambling websites. And even if according to the new online gambling laws Switzerland authorities will compensate any expenses to the international companies they may suffer as a result of such innovations, several Switzerland political powers pitched against blocking of the websites of the overseas online casino Switzerland legal powers are to ban, insisting on vote referendum concerning the adoption of the Money Gaming Act. It is to be held on June 10, 2018.
History of Gambling in Switzerland
As it has already been mentioned, the country lifted its prohibition on gambling only in 1993. However, the new laws didn’t go without restrictions, as only the limited-stakes casino gambling was permitted. Fully-stakes gambling became legal only in 2000 when all the games were divided into 2 categories – games of skills and games of chance. The latters were to be played only in the local licensed land-based entities. Now there are 21 casinos and 11 tracks for horse racing, spread all over 26 Swiss member states. Although the lotteries are considered illegal, each member state has a right to establish its individual ones.
Due to these innovations, currently Swiss gambling market experiences immense popularity, as 21.2% of all Switzerland players can be named passionate gamblers. However, the same isn’t true of the internet casino. It has many fans all over the country, but it is impossible to find Switzerland approved online casinos due to the bans. So the local residents have to gamble on the overseas top online casinos for Swiss players. With the adoption of the Money Gaming Act, the situation seems to change dramatically, ensuring the official licensing for Switzerland based online casinos.
And in the meantime enjoy our list of top online casinos accepting Switzerland players. We have chosen only CHF casinos to ensure a maximum comfort and safety. Such brilliant collection of the best online casinos for Swiss residents cannot be found anywhere else – only on SlotsUp.
Predictions About the Future of Online Gambling in Switzerland
In terms of establishing of Switzerland online casinos 2017 turned to be a key year. Exactly in 2017 Money Gaming Act, allowing the legal operation of Switzerland online casino sites by the existed gambling entities, was introduced. However, the newly-represented document may lead to the blocking of even the best online casinos for Swiss players, located overseas. Several Switzerland state organizations made a stand against a blockade, which lead to the referendum, scheduled for summer 2018. It should define the fate of the old and new online casinos for Switzerland players, established abroad. There are rumors that the overseas web-based casinos will be allowed to operate in Switzerland only in case of their accessing the local market via the native operators. But at the moment it is too early to tell.
Until the Money Gaming Act enters into force, let’s enjoy the list of the top 10 Swiss online casinos, SlotsUp team has carefully selected. Each casino offers a transparent payment policy, generous bonuses, and, of course, a decent gaming array, which involves thousands of games, including desktop and mobile slots Switzerland gamblers just adore! Among them, you will definitely find online casino CHF, which will ensure maximum comfort and safety of gambling! So take a look at our list, read several Switzerland online casino reviews and take a challenge!