Online Casinos in Nebraska
Spare yourself the trouble of searching for a legal online casino in Nebraska – you won’t find one since the most popular forms of online gambling are forbidden in the territory of the state, and even a few exceptions – horse betting, daily fantasy sports, and sweepstakes – do not make it any better. But does it mean you have zero chance to indulge in your favorite slot or table game?
Absolutely not! You still have a few options. First of all, if you’re willing to stay on the legal side of the fence, you can try and visit one of five tribal brick-and-mortar gambling hubs operating in the state. Secondly, you might as well be content with the national lottery. Last but not least, you can accept the risk and sign up with the international online casino.
The latter might seem to be a doubtful choice, but only if you unaware of the real degree of risk – infinitesimal – that you take when playing at unauthorized online venues, especially if this is one of the leading platforms from our list of top-notch Nebraska venues and you are well informed about the current state of affairs in the gambling field of Nebraska.
Top Online Casinos in Nebraska for 2022
Online Gambling in Nebraska: Facts, Laws, and Help
A vast territory of 77,220 square miles and a sparse population distribution along with a steadily growing income per capita and a strong demand for gambling must have become the prerequisites for the emergence of full-fledged and profitable gambling industry, but that hasn’t happened yet. Horse betting, daily fantasy sports, and sweepstakes are the only legal ways to indulge in online gambling from the territory of Nebraska. Other than that, there’s an option of offshore online casinos, but then you have to accept the risk. Is it worth it? Let’s try to find out.
Laws Affecting Online Gambling in Nebraska
The scattered population of Nebraska would be happy to see online games of chance legalized, but the state sticks to the prohibitive policy, allowing only land-based tribal casinos, the state-run lottery, and very few forms of online gambling (horse betting, daily fantasy sports, and sweepstakes).
Addressing the popular question ‘is online gambling legal in Nebraska,’ we can quote the line from the Nebraska online gambling laws established by Nebraska Gaming
Commission: ‘the use of a computer gaming device or an electronic gaming device to gamble is prohibited.’ Unfortunately, that leads to the conclusion that you cannot circumvent the law as it explicitly forbids the usage of computers and mobile devices to gamble online, even though not mentioning the list of banned games. That said, the risk associated with gambling online is minimal, so you might find it reasonable to take chances with online casinos that accept players from Nebraska and provide anonymous banking options.
Sports Betting in Nebraska
As you might know, the Supreme Court lifted the federal ban on sports betting in 2018, which became the watershed moment for many U.S. states. Unfortunately, Nebraska hasn’t yet joined the cohort of the states that legalized sports betting, though a legalization bill was proposed in the first quarter of 2020. As of now, the General Affairs Committee – the authority to which the bill was referred – remains silent on the matter, and it seems that there’s not much legislative support for the bill.
However, you can play daily fantasy sports (Nebraska neither forbids nor authorizes this type of gambling) and bet on horse races. The latter is by far the most popular type of betting in the state: there are a few race tracks in Nebraska, the most known is Fonner Park in Grand Island. Off-track betting is legal as well. As for the rest of sports betting, you have to either break the law and place or wager at one of the international sportsbooks or wait until legal betting options appear in Nebraska.
Interesting Facts about Online Gambling in Nebraska
On the one hand, Nebraska has long been hostile to online gambling; on the other hand, there’s an organization that promotes gambling in the state and even fights for Nebraska online gambling to be legalized. It is called Keep the Money in Nebraska, and – as it claims – it has enough signatures to put three gambling initiatives to the vote in November. The long-awaited changes have to do with:
- The legalization of casino gambling at least at one of the six currently operating horse racing tracks.
- The creation of a new gaming commission.
- The new tax policy on gambling.
However, there are lots of doubts as to whether the initiatives will pass, most of all because of the previous unsuccessful attempts to legalize commercial casinos in 2004 and 2016. Nevertheless, the existing demand tells us that the field is primed to change as local authorities realize that they are missing heaps of revenue from online gambling.
Getting Help for Problem Gambling in Nebraska
Since 2013 the Nebraska Commission on Problem Gambling has been using the funds from the Compulsive Gambling Fund (monies from Nebraska Lottery, Health Care Cash, and charitable gambling) to develop programs for problem gamblers and their families. The Commission has contracts with treatment providers, the largest of which is the Nebraska Council on Problem Gambling. The fact sheet on problem gambling in Nebraska is available by the link.
In addition, there are nationwide resources that you can reach for help:
- National Problem Gambling Helpline, 1-800-522-4700, chat: ncpgambling.org/chat.
- Gamblers Anonymous, an experience-sharing fellowship fighting gambling addiction and gambling-related problems.
- Gam-Anon, a self-help organization for compulsive gamblers.
- GamTalk, an online support forum.
The best help is, though, your consciousness when playing at USA online casinos, and awareness of the possible unfavorable consequences of excessive gambling.
Land-Based Gambling Regulations in Nebraska
As you already know, online gambling in Nebraska is lagging behind its elder brother, though all brick-and-mortar casinos – there are five of them in the state – belong to four Native American Tribes. As for numerous minor establishments catering keno, punch boards, pull tabs, pickle cards, and Powerball for visitors, you cannot play classic games of chance there.
Since there are only five full-fledged brick-and-mortar casinos in Nebraska, the choice is pretty limited. But if we were to select three best venues, we would probably stick with Ohiya Casino & Resort, Lucky 77 Casino, and Iron Horse Bar & Casino.
Ohiya Casino & Resort
Located in Niobrara in about 2 miles east of the former Ohiya Casino & Bingo, the new 25,000-square-foot venue incorporates a 7-room lodge with luxury suites, a 4,000-square-foot event center, a conference center, a convenience store, a 54-seat restaurant, a buffet, and a café. Among the latest updates is an 18-hole golf course and clubhouse.
Gaming-wise, Ohiya Casino & Bingo is a cozy gambling hub focused on slots and bingo:
- Slots. From traditional three-reel to advanced machines, the action-packed casino floor employs all the range of slots of various denominators, from penny options to the machines with gigantic bets. The ever-updated collection of slots includes Quick Hit Jungle, Solar Disc, Mistress of Egypt, Shark Wheel, Playboy Midnight Diamonds, and other hit titles.
- Bingo. Tailor-made Four Winds Event Hall hosts Bingo games every Thursday and Sunday, including Electronic Bingo. Moreover, the casino runs exciting promos and specials.
Finally, there’s a never-ending stream of live entertainment at Four Winds Event Hall. Famous artists, comedians, and other talents of national scale please casino visitors with their best shows. More excitement & fun can be found at the casino promo page.
Lucky 77 Casino
As being said, the very few casinos are scattered around the state, so you shouldn’t expect to find something grandeur in Nebraska. So if you’re living somewhat close to Walthill, chances are you will have no other option than cozy Lucky 77 Casino, which is in fact more of a slot machine salon then a full-fledged casino.
Lucky 77 Casino, a minute spot on the state map, provides 57 gaming machines on the 280 feet of the gambling floor. There’s also a small bar where you can order snacks and soft drinks. What else to say about this venue? Well, pretty much nothing, except for that you can take a 32-mile drive to Blackbird Bend Casino in Onawa, Iowa, if you want more and better.
Iron Horse Bar & Casino
As they put it themselves, they’ve brought the big city fun and winnings to the small town of Emerson. And, you know, Iron Horse Bar & Casino does provide everything you need for happy & carefree gambling in Emerson. The all-embracing range of gaming machines complemented with tempting promotions & perks is too tasty not to try and take a bite.
Iron Horse Bar & Casino is a great gathering place for cheerful companies that love to combine entertainment, relaxation, gambling, and tasty foods. Gaming-wise, the venue employs 89 machines including multi-denomination games and progressive jackpots. For dedicated gamblers, there are at least three Party Packages – Diamond Package, Emerald Package, and Ruby Package – featuring discounts on local foods along with some free money on slots. Explore casino promo options here.
Top 3 Online Casinos for Nebraska Players
If you want to indulge in online gambling in Nebraska without limitations, you have no other choice but to play at offshore online casinos. The risks are minimal, but they still exist, at least theoretically. The good news is, though, that if you dared to explore the global online gambling space for the first time, you can get a head start with your gambling career by skipping the independent search in favor of our tailor-made list of the finest Nebraska online casinos. Three of those top-notch venues are reviewed just below.
- Cafe Casino. Be you a bonus hunter or an adherent of diverse gambling, Café Casino is one of the best places to open an account with. In addition to the impressive range of slots, table games, jackpot games, and specialty games, the casino runs tournaments and at least five regular bonuses, the most generous of which are Bitcoin Welcome Bonus and Welcome Bonus (the former grants you a 600% match bonus up to $6,000; the latter rewards you with a 500% match bonus up to $5,000).
- Ignition. Igniting your gambling engine with Ignition Casino won’t take long. First of all, there’s an excellent opportunity to get a head start with your gambling in the venue by taking advantage of the $3,000 welcome bonus. Secondly, there are at least three other perks to benefit from. Lastly, the very range of slots and games – poker, liver dealer games, and virtual sports included – looks promising. And now add to that the fact that Ignition accepts BTC deposits, and you’ll get one of the best gambling options at your disposal.
- Eclipse. The dazzling promotions & perks at this casino might eclipse the objective perception of reality, but that only before you get used to the generosity of Eclipse. The extravaganza starts with a ludicrously lucrative 300% slots match plus 100% cashback on the first deposit and expands to half a dozen no less lavish perks. Note that the casino accepts bitcoin and Paysafecard deposits, which gives you at least two anonymous banking options for topping up your account from Nebraska.
Nebraska Casino FAQ
- 📌 Are Online Casinos in Nebraska Safe to Play?
- Unfortunately, even though all casinos listed on our websites are safe by themselves, there’s no way to be safeguarded against possible penalties for playing online from Nebraska since most forms of online gambling are explicitly forbidden in the state. It’s up to you whether to accept the risk.
- 📌 Who Regulates Online Gambling in Nebraska?
- Nebraska Gaming Commission is responsible for regulating online gambling in Nebraska. The full list of gambling laws is available here.
Answering the popular question ‘can you gamble online in Nebraska,’ we can only quote the state laws: ‘the use of a computer gaming device or an electronic gaming device to gamble is prohibited.’ Unfortunately, that leads to the conclusion that you cannot circumvent the law as it explicitly forbids the usage of computers and mobile devices to gamble online, even though there is no mention as to which particular games are banned.
That said, the risk associated with gambling online is minimal, so you might find it reasonable to take chances with online casinos that accept players from Nebraska and provide anonymous banking options.
- 📌 What is the Gambling Age in Nebraska?
- 21 is the minimum gambling age for casinos; 19 for the state lottery.
- 📌 Do I Need to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
- Winnings of more than $500 are charged with the 5% state tax. Winnings of more than $5,000 are charged with the 5% state tax plus the 24% federal tax.
- 📌 What are the Recommended Payment Methods?
- It would be wise to choose anonymous/private payment methods that would protect & safeguard you against possible penalties. The recommended payment methods are scratch cards (Paysafecard, Neteller) and cryptocurrencies (bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, bitcoin cash, and any other crypto).