Online Casinos in Oklahoma
Known for tornadoes and earthquakes, Oklahoma might not be the best place to live in America, but that’s definitely a safe harbor for the fans of land-based gambling. Home to more than a hundred of tribal casinos (no commercial counterparts allowed in the Sooner State), Oklahoma provides exceptional opportunities for slot and table games lovers, though craps and roulette are excluded from the list of options as well as other games qualified as ‘dice games’ or ‘ball games.’
That said, finding a legitimate online casino in Oklahoma is as hard as it is easy to spot a brick-and-mortar tribal casino. The field of online gambling is not regulated in the state, which leaves local gamblers with their own thoughts on the matter. While some believe online gambling is prohibited, others – including us, the SlotsUp team – point out the fact of absence of the explicit ban on online gambling and the ability to take advantage of that gap.
If you are okay with playing in offshore casinos, just skip the rest of the guide and proceed to the tailor-made list of Oklahoma casinos below. And if you want to know more about the local laws and rules, then peruse the rest of the article to make sure you are well aware of all the ins & outs of gambling in Oklahoma.
Top Online Casinos in Oklahoma for 2022
Online Gambling in Oklahoma: Facts, Laws, and Help
The 28th-most populous U.S. state, Oklahoma is home to more than a hundred of tribal casinos. Despite its modest income per capita, the Land of the Red Man is abundant with classy brick-and-mortar gambling venues belonging to 33 Native American tribes. Another favorable factor is the proximity to Texas, the neighboring state with a huge demand for gambling, and very few in-state options.
Oklahoma is second to none in terms of land-based gambling, which partially compensates for the absence of authorized online casinos. Yet local punters are not prohibited from playing online in international casinos. How is that even possible? Read on to find out.
Laws Affecting Online Gambling in Oklahoma
If you are looking for legal online gambling options, you have no other choice but to play the Oklahoma Lottery and maybe the poker websites owned by Chickasaw Nation, Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma, and Eastern Shawnee Tribe. Online poker is still not properly regulated – just like all other types of online games of chance and skill.
There are no Oklahoma online gambling laws that would prohibit players from accessing online gambling websites, which is why, contrary to popular opinion, Oklahoma-based gamblers are free to play wherever they want. In other words, answering the popular question ‘is online gambling legal in Oklahoma,’ we can say that you are free to choose between the best international casinos catering to punters from Oklahoma.
At the same time, you should remember that you are not protected by law when dealing with gambling websites unauthorized in your state and therefore have to be very careful with your choice. We would recommend you to use our tailor-made list of top-notch online casinos catering to players from Oklahoma.
Sports Betting in Oklahoma
To the delight of thousands of local bettors and sports fans, the sports betting industry is emerging in Oklahoma right now. In April 2020, the two Native American tribes reached agreements with Governor Kevin Stitt on new gaming compacts that allow local sports betting except for betting on in-state college sports. The Oklahoma Department of Interior approved the compacts on June 8, 2020, to enable sports betting as soon as the compacts appear in the Federal Register.
However, if you are unwilling to wait for sports betting options to appear in brick-and-mortar casinos in Oklahoma (that may take up to several years or so), you can wager on sports with international sportsbooks right now. Not only is it safe (there are no laws prohibiting residents of Oklahoma to place wagers online), but you also get more classy options to choose from. Last but not least, if you are willing to stay on the legal side of the fence, you can indulge in pari-mutuel wagering and off-track betting, both provided in numerous tribal casinos.
Interesting Facts about Online Gambling in Oklahoma
The modern history of gambling in Oklahoma began in 1991 in Thackerville, the place where the oldest and the biggest state casino, Winstar World Casino and Resort, was founded. It had remained a cozy yet very modest tent for more than a decade before it started its expansion to offer poker, off-track betting, and amenities such as a theater and a restaurant. The following major updates (there were three of them) expanded Winstar to the total floor of 500,000 square feet employing all imaginable forms of land-based gambling except for roulette and craps, which, according to the ban on dice and ball gambling games, are forbidden in Oklahoma.
Other tribal casinos followed the example of success set by Winstar World Casino and Resort. At the time of writing, there are several brick-and-mortar casinos larger than 100,000 square feet in size and with at least 1,000 slots and table games catered to players. As for Oklahoma online gambling, it’s still non-existent – only on paper, though: offshore online casinos are doing just fine barring the state lottery, and there are no visible prerequisites for this to change soon.
Getting Help for Problem Gambling in Oklahoma
The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSA) administers programs to help problem gamblers and their families through the Oklahoma Association for Problem and Compulsive Gambling (OAPCG). The source of financing is the state lottery and tribal gambling operators.
The fact sheet on problem gambling in Oklahoma is available by the link. In addition, there are nationwide resources that you can reach for help:
- National Problem Gambling Helpline, 1-800-522-4700, chat: ncpgambling.org/chat.
- Gamblers Anonymous, an experience-sharing fellowship fighting gambling addiction and gambling-related problems.
- Gam-Anon, a self-help organization for compulsive gamblers.
- GamTalk, an online support forum.
Land-Based Gambling Regulations in Oklahoma
While online gambling in Oklahoma is reduced to offshore options, there are more than a hundred of home-based casinos operating in the Sooner State. Considering the staggering choice and the inability to visit all venues, we’ve chosen the best three to review & recommend: WinStar World Casino and Resort, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa, and Choctaw Casino & Resort-Durant.
WinStar World Casino and Resort
Owned by the Chickasaw Nation, WinStar World Casino and Resort is the oldest casino in the state and the largest one in the world. Not only gamblers from nearby Texas but punters from all over the world travel there to imbue with its unique atmosphere of limitless gambling and behold the formidable size of the venue. WinStar World Casino and Resort employs 8,500 electronic games, 100 table games, as well as rooms for keno, bingo, and poker, let alone plenty of amenities including restaurants, bars, cafes, cozy hotel rooms, etc. The offsite areas include Winstar RV Park and Winstar Golf Club.
- Slots. No matter the style and taste, you will find your game here. The all-encompassing casino is probably the best place in Oklahoma to play slots since its collection comprises more than eight thousands of machines, from penny slots to ones with hundred-dollar bets, from simple 3-reel games to ones with advanced graphics and non-linear plots.
- Table games. Whether you are a penny player or a high-roller, the flexible betting range and friendly dealers will provide you with the best gambling the world can offer.
Enjoy big stakes in high-roller rooms or smoothen your style at low wager machines and tables: WinStar has it all and then some. And yeah, don’t miss out on the hottest promotions!
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa
Rested in Catoosa, 14 miles east of downtown Tulsa, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa is an excellent gateway destination for slot machine and table game players, as well as those willing to combine sightseeing with gambling in the Sooner State. In addition to the expected range of games of chance and skill, the venue can boast of a few unusual and even eccentric places, including an adult-only pool and a rejuvenating spa. Among other amenities are a golf club, a concert venue, a family pool, a complimentary airport shuttle, and more. The hotel rooms themselves include coffee machines, mini-fridges, flat-screen TVs, and free Wi-Fi.
Gaming-wise, the range of video games encompasses hundreds of slots of different denominators, starting from one penny and up to hundreds of dollars. The hottest titles are Golden Jungle, Shark Week, Hexbreaker, Legend of the Phoenix, Golden Winds, Lightning Link, and a few more. All the mentioned games are penny slots so that you can get the hang of the game without spending much on it. As for the table games, you can find here everything that is legal in the state. Last but not least, don’t forget to have a sneak peek at the casino promos!
Choctaw Casino & Resort-Durant
Belonging to the chain of Choctaw Casinos & Resorts, Choctaw Casino & Resort-Durant is the original gambling complex comprising two casinos – the South casino and the North Casino – with the total of 218,844 square feet of gaming floor, more than 4,300 slots, 776 hotel rooms including suites, and countless amenities to every taste. Fire or ice, south or north, the gambling giant has it all for you!
- Slots. Finding your lucky seat is a no brainer since the gambling floor offers you numerous slot options, from fruit machines to advanced video slots. No matter the number of reels, no matter the style, no matter the taste – you are all set to have fun and win big at your beloved slot game at Choctaw Casino & Resort-Durant.
- Table games. Whether it is Let it Die, Free Bet Blackjack, Dai Baccarat, or any other table game that you are interested in, just recline in your seat and wait for the lovely dealers to cater to you the best gambling services in the city.
- Poker room. Choose one of 26 poker tables on an exclusive, secluded poker floor away from the hustle of the casino and get the generic poker experience served by experienced dealers.
- Racebook. Follow your favorite sports event of one of the flat-screens and adjust your bet, and the game changes. Keep in touch with the evens on 18 different race tracks throughout the country to place the best wager.
Love promos & specials? Then have a look at exclusive offers at Choctaw Casino & Resort-Durant.
Top 3 Online Casinos for Oklahoma Players
The unregulated field of online gambling in Oklahoma works best if you leave all the doubts behind and go straight to our list of top-notch international casinos that accept players from the Land of the Red Man. And if there are too many options out there, you can narrow down your search to Slotocash, Slots Capital, and Fair Go.
- Slotocash. Being in the game for almost a decade, Slotocash gained a reputation of one of the best RTG casinos out there. Download casino, instant browser casino, and mobile casino provide you with device-agnostic, round-the-clock access to more than 250 finest products by the renowned software provider. And if you crave bonuses, here you go: the whopping $7777 + 300 free spins welcome bonus along with numerous casino game bonuses, daily promotions, and other perks put you in a permanent winning spot.
- Slots Capital. Dreaming of a perfect head start in your gambling career? Then Slots Capital might be the casino to consider. It quadruples the first deposit of $25, giving you an extra 75 dollars to challenge your luck in the most effective way. And that’s only a drop in the sea of perks available here: the $7 no-deposit bonus along with a series of match bonuses and monthly specials & rewards will turn your gambling routine into a never-ending holiday.
- Fair Go. Living up to its title, Fair Go provides generous bonuses and a great range of slots & table games available round-the-clock and on all devices. The treat to start with is the $1000 welcome bonus, which can be expanded to the so-called ‘hot promos,’ games of the month, and other specials. Other than that, the casino accepts BTC deposits, guaranteeing the privacy you might be interested in.
Oklahoma Casino FAQ
- 📌 Are Online Casinos in Oklahoma Safe to Play?
- Since online gambling is not regulated in Oklahoma, it’s even more important to pick a decent casino. We would recommend you to use our tailor-made list of the best – which means the safest as well – casinos for players from Oklahoma.
- 📌 Who Regulates Online Gambling in Oklahoma?
- Online gambling in Oklahoma is not regulated. There are no Oklahoma online gambling laws that prohibit players from accessing online gambling websites, which is why, contrary to popular opinion, Oklahoma-based gamblers are free to play wherever they want. Answering the popular question ‘can you gamble online in Oklahoma,’ we can say that you are free to choose between the best international online casinos catering to punters from Oklahoma.
The FAQ on tribal casinos in Oklahoma is here.
- 📌 What is the Gambling Age in Oklahoma?
- 18 is the minimum age for the state lottery, 18 or 21 is the minimum age for tribal casinos (tribal casinos are entitled to define the minimum gambling age themselves).
- 📌 Do I Need to Pay Taxes on Winnings?
- Generally, you pay a flat 24% tax on gambling winnings. However, a withholding tax might also be charged for specific sources of income (wagering pools, sweepstakes, and other wagers exceeding 300x the bet).
- 📌 What are the Recommended Payment Methods?
- There are no specific payment methods that could be recommended to players from Oklahoma other than those used in other U.S. states. The most popular payment methods in Oklahoma are Visa/MasterCard debit and credit cards, e-wallets (Neteller, Skrill), Interact, and cryptocurrencies (BTC).